NBA Yoff Thread V2. Rockets get Low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons took 11 threes all year?? lol wtf. that doesnt sound like "the process"

Wheeeeww!!

Jailblazers right back in dis shit

Simmons took 11 threes all year?? lol wtf. that doesnt sound like "the process"
Yeah, he can't hit FTs, 3's are way out of his range. He just doesn't take them. Gets to the paint and decides what to do from there. Still scored 16/gm on .545 FG%, so hard to question his judgment just not even trying them this year. I assume he'll add some range to his game in the next few years, even if he's never a great 3 pt shooter.

Damn i think thats the quietest 35 points ive seen in a yoff game from Holiday

Yeah, he can't hit FTs, 3's are way out of his range. He just doesn't take them. Gets to the paint and decides what to do from there. Still scored 16/gm on .545 FG%, so hard to question his judgment just not even trying them this year. I assume he'll add some range to his game in the next few years, even if he's never a great 3 pt shooter.
Nothing wrong with that though. Glad he is in a system not forcing him into being a chucker.

he will never be transcendent if he cant hit at least a jumpers at an OK clip. End up like Giannis where you get yours and recorded assists but your team doesnt benefit nearly as much because the spacing is all F'd up.

with Fultz not taking 3s either Philly has a weird situation if he is their starting PG of the future.

he will never be transcendent if he cant hit at least a jumpers at an OK clip. End up like Giannis where you get yours and recorded assists but your team doesnt benefit nearly as much because the spacing is all F'd up.

with Fultz not taking 3s either Philly has a weird situation if he is their starting PG of the future.
Redick and Covington make decent 3 point threats. Embiid can stretch. They seem to be making it work right now at least. With the 3-1 lead in this series, they're now 30-6 since being 25-25 at one point.

That acting on Davis part lol. It was a foul but it wasn't all that

Redick and Covington make decent 3 point threats. Embiid can stretch. They seem to be making it work right now at least. With the 3-1 lead in this series, they're now 30-6 since being 25-25 at one point.

Simmons is definitely a talent worth building around. i dont doubt that. he is unique. so is Giannis. I just feel people are putting 2 guys who cant really shoot (Giannis is actually a much better shooter) as the future of the league are jumping the gun. A primary that cant shoot jumpers or 3s takes a highly specialized group around him to make it work.

Philly has done a better job of making that group than Bucks have. Especially with the late pick ups of Ilya and Bel. I wanted Raps to get Bel and they made a run at him but he went to Philly...... bastid!!!!

Im seeing alot of fans overrate assist stats in a way. They think that means you are a great play maker or team player. There are lots of selfish assist makers out there who dont move the ball much unless they think they can get the direct assist. Like........ John Wall or Russell Westbrook. I actually dont think Simmons is that bad with movement, better than both and better than Giannis. That jumper is the golden key that unlocks him being a top 3 player tho. Without it, he slips a bit but is still a top 15 type guy.

Thats some Sean Elliot shit right there

Simmons is definitely a talent worth building around. i dont doubt that. he is unique. so is Giannis. I just feel people are putting 2 guys who cant really shoot (Giannis is actually a much better shooter) as the future of the league are jumping the gun. A primary that cant shoot jumpers or 3s takes a highly specialized group around him to make it work.

Philly has done a better job of making that group than Bucks have. Especially with the late pick ups of Ilya and Bel. I wanted Raps to get Bel and they made a run at him but he went to Philly...... bastid!!!!

Im seeing alot of fans overrate assist stats in a way. They think that means you are a great play maker or team player. There are lots of selfish assist makers out there who dont move the ball much unless they think they can get the direct assist. Like........ John Wall or Russell Westbrook. I actually dont think Simmons is that bad with movement, better than both and better than Giannis. That jumper is the golden key that unlocks him being a top 3 player tho. Without it, he slips a bit but is still a top 15 type guy.
Lol at putting Wall's assist numbers up with Westbrick's. When WallGOAT isn't creating, the Wizard offense gets stuck in mud. They had a nice week and a half where 'everyone ate' but then when defenses realized they didn't have a ball handling playmaker, they fell off a cliff unable to handle pressure. Wall makes plays because that's what makes the offense go.

Lol at putting Wall's assist numbers up with Westbrick's. When WallGOAT isn't creating, the Wizard offense gets stuck in mud. They had a nice week and a half where 'everyone ate' but then when defenses realized they didn't have a ball handling playmaker, they fell off a cliff unable to handle pressure. Wall makes plays because that's what makes the offense go.

wall holds the ball forever. why do you think other players were frustrated with him?? it wasnt the fans making this shit up.

he is a ball dominant guy. the wizards play a style predicated on it when he is on the floor. In the playoffs that style gets shut down by good teams more often than not. The best teams are ball movement orientated. Its also why Westbrook will never win.

Maybe its the personnel, maybe its Wall, maybe its the coaching strategy etc. Any way you cut it, he gets a shit ton of assists off drive and kick, PnR etc but he doesnt make the simple pass and Wizards arent a great ball movement team.

Raptors used to be the same. Lowry and DeMar always made the play or took the shot. Little ball movement. Playoffs come and you get shut the fuck down. Wall and Westbrook either will adapt or always lose.

Hopefully the Pelicans can give Golden State a challenge

nah that team really aint shit and about to get run the fuck over lol

it was nice of them to expose Lillard. Another ball dominant PG who needs to change it up if he wants to win in this league ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back