Bellator 198 - Fedor vs Mir - Rosemont Illinois

I also like Sanchez itd, I think he's tough enough to take a couple big shots and keep coming, and well rounded enough to make it tough on Sam both grappling and striking wise.

I also think he can finish Sicilia either by sub or ko, I think sub is probably more likely but I think both are more than plausible outcomes. Also Sanchez's cardio is a huge plus for him and Sam's is not good. I could see a late finish even if Sicilia comes out looking good, I think he's bound to gas and Sanchez might be able to take over and get a good shot at a finish in the 3rd at some point, imo.

At better than 2-1 I'll take a chance.

5d has Sanchez itd +191 but honestly I'd say (even with Sam's potential cardio issues) it might be better playing u2.5 at +210 if you like Sanchez's chance of a finish. You get paid (a little) more, and it covers you if Sam somehow lands a bomb and finishes early (which while unlikely, is certainly possible).

5d has Sanchez itd +191 but honestly I'd say (even with Sam's potential cardio issues) it might be better playing u2.5 at +210 if you like Sanchez's chance of a finish. You get paid (a little) more, and it covers you if Sam somehow lands a bomb and finishes early (which while unlikely, is certainly possible).

It's true that the under 2.5 would also cover Sicilia by KO in most cases, but when playing an angle like this where you are banking on a cardio-based finish those extra 2.5 minutes at the end of round 3 can be pretty big.

Danis/Walker

If you are a -1000 favorite in your debut, there's a reason for it. Danis is an elite grappler, in the class at least of the Gordon Ryans and Gary Tonons of the world. Walker has lost his last 2 fights by sub. I think it's kind of obvious what Bellator is trying to do here. Obviously nobody wants to lay -1000 juice, that's just dumb. Esp on a guy in his debut. I took FDNGD when it was -350, but even that is -465 now. Danis itd is -375. IDK, I guess I like my DNGD action at -350 as Danis should get a sub win, but with current odds I guess either put a microscopic bet on Walker +800 or just pass.

Lovato/Harris

I put a little flier on Harris dec when it was +790, but it's down to +575 now, so little to no value at all. Lovato should handle Harris. But -475, nah. Odds probably about right overall. Harris is game, so maybe o2.5 or FGD are in play, but again, I just don't see a ton of value on anything.

Torres/Gracie

Gracie -1100. Yeah...no. I guess if you want to take a small flier on Torres +900 it's hard to argue. MMA is weird, and you can essentially risk almost nothing for a decent payout if something bizarre happens. Personally I like DNGD at -155. If a guy is a -1100 favorite with 6 finishes in 7 fights, you kind of expect him to finish. Gracie itd is -152 so for essentially the same price you can take DNGD. U1.5 at +147 could be worth a small stab too. On the mat, Gracie should be able to gain dominant position pretty quickly.

Sicilia/Sanchez

Sanchez should grind Sam out, but Sicilia does throw wild power shots so a stab at Sam itd at +1100 isn't awful (as long as it's a very small amount). I said in another post I like u2.5 at +210 better than Sanchez itd at +191 I think. Most likely is Sanchez winning an easy decision, but not sure paying the juice on that makes sense.

Mir /Fedor

Talked about a lot, I'm big on u1.5 at -145. I think both guys will throw power shots and one will land and that will be it. Two questionable chins with guys around 40. I think that if this doesn't end in round 1 or early in round 2 though, both guys could slow down a lot and then maybe we see hugging and sloppiness that makes it to the cards. FGD +347...IDK maybe if you really think neither guy starches the other early. Mir dec +548, Fedor dec +775 if you have a lean. I like Mir to win, but I don't heavily favor him at all. -135 seems at least close to being right imo. I have him -140 but very small and doubt I'll add to it.

I threw a few RR's out there with some props for fun, but honestly this seems like a good card to keep action pretty small overall. Just how I see it.

u1.5 has value. Feel kinda like a broken record, but I gotta say it again. I totally get passing on taking a side, but do people really think Fedor all of a sudden after a zillion fights has decided to become a point fighter? He's gonna look to throw bombs and end it quickly, and Mir obviously will oblige and do the same if he's pressured like that.

I get that people remember Mir/Arlovski, but Fedor has never fought that way that I can remember. IMO it is WAY more likely this looks like Mir/Duffee than it does Mir/Arlovski.
Fedor's offense is what will push the fight, something that didn't happen against Arlovski

Fedor's offense is what will push the fight, something that didn't happen against Arlovski

Exactly my thought. Mir might not mind a slow paced grinding type fight, but no way does Fedor want anything of the sort. He's gonna look to seek and destroy most likely, and either he will find Mir's chin or he'll get his own cracked. Just how I see it.

props are up on betsafe

took a little stab on Mir/Fedor ends inside 1 minute +895

Fantastic line. Absolutely could hit, and I think odds are much better than those implied odds that it does.

Exactly my thought. Mir might not mind a slow paced grinding type fight, but no way does Fedor want anything of the sort. He's gonna look to seek and destroy most likely, and either he will find Mir's chin or he'll get his own cracked. Just how I see it.

dont know how you can see it any other way

fedor knows only one way, ktfo or get ktfo trying and hes not letting mir play that point fighting shit

Bellator 198 Risk $1448.50

Frank Mir (-137) vs Fedor Emelianenko $685.00 for $500.00
Frank Mir wins in round 1 or 2 (+214) ~$93.50 for ~$200.09
Frank Mir/Fedor Emelianenko Under 1½ (-140) $140.00 for $100.00
Frank Mir wins by 3 round decision (+548) $40.00 for $219.20

Emmanuel Sanchez/Sam Sicilia Under 2½ (+210) $50.00 for $105.00

Rafael Lovato Jr. (-300) vs Gerald Harris $300.00 for $100.00

Dillon Danis/Kyle Walker Under 1½ (-140) $140.00 for $100.00

dont know how you can see it any other way

fedor knows only one way, ktfo or get ktfo trying and hes not letting mir play that point fighting shit

And it's not like Mir won't oblige when pressured. He doesn't have the footwork to avoid a firefight when pressed into one, and he knows he has big power too so if he has no choice he's willing to throw bombs and see what happens.

Massive value on Sanchez -550 is a gift

<JagsKiddingMe>

Not gonna bash Sanchez because I really like the kid. But Sicilia has faced good competition. Sanchez has finished ONE of his last NINE opponents. Saying -550 is "a gift" is just insanity. I favor him too. Even heavily. But if you think it's a "gift" then what do you cap him at? -800? -1000?

I know generally you just like to troll so maybe that's what this is.

Back