Aleksander Emelianenko vs Gabriel Gonzaga, 5th May

This will show us how good Aleks cardio is now, having that Manbearpig on top.... Fuck that must be awful.

Aleks with CM Punk level TDD.

Is normal.

In his prime even Werdum got him down without any trouble.

Gonzaga fighting smart. Aleks still bad at stopping takedowns..

Legit surprised that Gonzaga actually trained and Aleks doesn't even try to defend a takedown. What was he doing all that time in Chechnya? Train some fucking wrestling bro!

Gab looks better than he has in years

Shitty ground game but damn he’s a killer on the feet

Both looked pretty darn awful

At least he escaped a mount and kept Gonzaga in half guard

hahaha holy shit, nice accuracy

What are the chances you think we get a Minakov/Sergei/Aleks fight? I think Sergei and minakov fell through it was rumored to happen this summer, I’d like to see these 3 guys fight
Sergei is with M1. Minakov with FNG. Aleks with RCC/WFCA. So i don't see any of these fights happening soon. Sergei doesn't want anything to do with Aleks. Minakov-Sergei seems the most likely to happen, but if Sergei loses his next fight, and i think he will, that won't happen..
I was actually surprised when I found out about this fight, I thought Gonzaga was retired. I don't think this will a good fight for him.
He was retired. He went for a boxing match, which he won but looked sloppy asf, and then came back for the paycheck against Aleks.

Did nobody tell Gonzaga he is allowed to punch back?

Anyway...good finish by Aleks...but his TDD ...needs a bit more work...a lot more work

Aleks' hands would fuck up Stipe, probably anyone in the UFC. That TDD though lol

Good flurry from aleks at the end but he pretty much has the same weakness he always had. If the ref didnt stand it up he probably would still be on the ground.

Back