Weidman should get title shot, not Gastelum

He's more deserving than Weidman, regardles of Weidman beating him. Weidman is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't fought in almost a year.
It’s like saying Cain Velasquez doesn’t deserve a title shot when he comes back

He’s back to training in a month or two

That's nice. And if and when he wins the title he'll be sidelined for a year with some new injury

Not sure how you can argue how someone as inactive as Weidman deserves a title shot over someone who has back to back wins over top 5 MW's

Neither should get the shot.

The reason we have this situation is because Bisping was a horrible champion who got spoon fed by the UFC, because GSP waltzed into a title shot against this weak horrible champion, because GSP immediately ran away, and the top contenders fought each other while this circus went on.

Weidman has been sitting out going on a year, Kelvin win is nice but he needs another good win before he's considered there.

If Tavares gets by Israel I honestly wouldn't be opposed to Weidman vs Tavares just to switch things up a bit.
What do you mean? Weidman is a top contender. Israel and Tavares aren’t elite, for now not yet. Tavares got destroyed by both Romero and Whittaker. And Israel will get grind out by great Wrestlers

Nah, fuck that.

Dude had 3 KO losses in a row before pulling off a win against Gastelum. And Gastelum almost knocked him out too.

He doesn't deserve shit.

That's nice. And if and when he wins the title he'll be sidelined for a year with some new injury

Not sure how you can argue how someone as inactive as Weidman deserves a title shot over someone who has back to back wins over top 5 MW's
but he beat 2 old fucks so it means nothing, remember?

No, it means that Machida isn't elite anymore and can't hang with the top 10 consistently
Weidman is literally one of the best wins of Rockhold and Romero's career so if he isn't good because he beat no one that was good because they weren't in their prime, who the fuck did Yoel Romero or Luke Rockhold or Robert Whittaker or Jacare Souza beat that were any good?

I can downplay wins too. It's actually really easy.

Machida was 35 when Chris beat him. That's not that old. He was coming off of wins over Moose, Henderson, Bader and Munoz with a controversial split decision loss to Davis mixed in there.
This. Machida looked good leading up to and in his fight with Weidman.

Clearly an unbiased thread.o_O

518937.jpg

Moose deserves it more than both of them but he's in Bellator. I don't want a fat unprofessional fighter like Gastelum fighting for the title though so I'd rather Weidman get the next shot after Romero.

Outside of Kelvin Gastelum, who has Chris beaten in the last 5 years that wasn't 35+ years old
Really drew a blank and had to look it up, Munoz in 2012, and he was 34, and before that was a 35 y/o Maia. Never noticed this before, to be honest.

Back