Original Night Stalker/East area rapist discussion

That's likely how they will solve that case too. For those who think Zodiac might be the Golden State Killer, he has a completely different description and they pretty much already know who did it. This case was bungled by police incompetence.
I hope they do. Would be amazing to see both of these solved in the same year.

With the Zodiac it also felt like a lot of the departments didn't want to help out other departments that were also on the case.

That's likely how they will solve that case too. For those who think Zodiac might be the Golden State Killer, he has a completely different description and they pretty much already know who did it. This case was bungled by police incompetence.
These two cases being solved would be phenomenal. I really hope that happens!

I hope they do. Would be amazing to see both of these solved in the same year.

With the Zodiac it also felt like a lot of the departments didn't want to help out other departments that were also on the case.

That's what the book I read inferred. The Zodiac almost always attacked in areas with poor jurisdictional boundaries which caused even more confusion within law enforcement.

A lot of people think Arthur Lee Allen is the Zodiac, and he seems like a likely culprit but the fingerprints and handwriting don't match what is in the case file. The part of it that really throws me off is the fingerprint found in the cab. It seems highly unlikely that he would be so reckless as to leave a print like that. It almost makes me wonder if that was a fake because it certainly doesn't fit the modus operandi of Zodiac. He's always careful not to leave physical evidence, but he does in that one? I think it's just as likely that he cut the finger off a victim or something like that.

Oh and yeah we have a court date tomorrow gents. Should be interesting.

Listening to casefile podcasts is mind blowing. I was guessing that he was using a bike and in the 5th casefile podcast that's exactly how he gets away.

It also seems likely that he scoped out neighborhoods by going to open houses in the subdivision as he knew that they would use the same type of locks, windows and screens. He could study the locks and windows of the open house and then target a house next door while knowing their exact set up.

Sorry guys, earlier I posted that he was being investigated for the Zodiac murders but according to Reddit:
  • Is he the Zodiac killer? Most likely not. Law enforcement has not said anything about him being investigated for these crimes.

"Although he originally targeted women either alone in their homes or with children,[9][37] the offender later came to prefer attacking couples instead.[9][38][39] His standard procedure was to break in through a window or a sliding glass door and then awaken the sleeping occupants with a flashlight while threatening them with a handgun.[9] Victims were then bound with ligatures (often shoelaces) that he found or brought with him to the crime scene, followed by blindfolding and/or gagging the victims with towels that he had taken from the residence and ripped into strips. The female victim was usually forced to tie up her male companion first before being tied up next.[40] In many cases, these bindings were made so tightly that the victims had no feeling in their hands for hours after they were untied.[7]:434 He would then separate the couple, often stacking dishes on the back of the male and stating that if he heard them rattle he would kill everyone in the house. He would then relocate the female to the living room and often rape her repeatedly, sometimes over the course of several hours.[9][40][41]"

Let him fucking rot, piece of shit

"Although he originally targeted women either alone in their homes or with children,[9][37] the offender later came to prefer attacking couples instead.[9][38][39] His standard procedure was to break in through a window or a sliding glass door and then awaken the sleeping occupants with a flashlight while threatening them with a handgun.[9] Victims were then bound with ligatures (often shoelaces) that he found or brought with him to the crime scene, followed by blindfolding and/or gagging the victims with towels that he had taken from the residence and ripped into strips. The female victim was usually forced to tie up her male companion first before being tied up next.[40] In many cases, these bindings were made so tightly that the victims had no feeling in their hands for hours after they were untied.[7]:434 He would then separate the couple, often stacking dishes on the back of the male and stating that if he heard them rattle he would kill everyone in the house. He would then relocate the female to the living room and often rape her repeatedly, sometimes over the course of several hours.[9][40][41]"

Let him fucking rot, piece of shit
Seriously he was horrible. Cruel and unusual should be save for normal crimes. This guy should suffer he'll on earth and not be allowed to die. Beat him patch him up, and rinse and repeat

Sorry guys, earlier I posted that he was being investigated for the Zodiac murders but according to Reddit:
  • Is he the Zodiac killer? Most likely not. Law enforcement has not said anything about him being investigated for these crimes.

He was also in a Navy picture in 1968. That boat was in the Philippines in 1968.

A few other things came out of the Casefile podcasts that were crazy.

- this guy was seen several times by witnesses. People even talked to him.

- he is one of those people who has no fear reaction. Even in the most stressful situations he didn't flinch. Yes he got angry a few times but the comment about the dog jumping toward him and him not even flinching is just crazy. Explains why he was so calm even when people screamed.

- what was up with the eating thing? He ate meals at most of the houses where he committed rapes.

- the lack of communication between LE agencies and willful dismissal that he could be a cop is just stunning. Like none of these investigators listened to his MO and said, "Hmmm that looks like something a cop would do"??

Last edited:
Among all of horrifying things in this case, the view of rape in the 70s and earlier, might be the most horrifying thing.

The comments that some police depts didn't even investigate rape, or that they only investigated rape when the woman knew the man, is just crazy! Another comment that spooked me was that a good portion of men believed that a woman is never 'really' raped. Wow, just wow.

I have strong belief that most things were just shit 'in the good old days'. You can add the view of rape to that long list.

Tech nowadays sure makes it harder to get away with that sort of shit, one of the upsides I guess, especially looking at them sketches, it's a miracle they actually used to catch people.

Glad he got caught obviously, but in situations like that what is the appropriate response. Killing the pos seems like doing him a favor at this point, some sort of elaborate torture seems like a pointless exercise in cruelty. And that's just a random bystander's POV, can't even imagine what victims and their families are going through, shit like that makes my head hurt.

Tech nowadays sure makes it harder to get away with that sort of shit, one of the upsides I guess, especially looking at them sketches, it's a miracle they actually used to catch people.

Glad he got caught obviously, but in situations like that what is the appropriate response. Killing the pos seems like doing him a favor at this point, some sort of elaborate torture seems like a pointless exercise in cruelty. And that's just a random bystander's POV, can't even imagine what victims and their families are going through, shit like that makes my head hurt.

I woke up from a nap yesterday, it was late afternoon but it wasn't totally dark outside. I was sleeping on my back but had my head turned to the side so the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the window, with no drapes covering it. I have been listening to those case file podcasts where they describe his crimes and I immediately remembered that some victims woke up in the middle of the night and saw him standing outside their bedroom window. I kept looking outside and thinking about this. What if there was a man outside watching me sleep? What if I had woke up to see that? It was quite eerie just to think about it! I couldn't imagine actually going through it. It was then that I realized that his victims probably can't even have a good night of sleep anymore. Can you imagine trying to sleep after that? Would you be able to relax? Would you ever be able to relax?

DeAngelo is a POS that tortured his victims, it wasn't just burglary and rape, it was psychological torture and sadism too. He wanted to give them pain and he wanted it to last forever. In some cases he even tormented them afterwards. Calling them, letting them know he was still around. And that he was still in charge. Victims and their families were left behind with an enormous psychological scar that will most likely never heal. My natural response to all of this is an emotional response, I want him to suffer tremendously. Day and night, psychologically as well as physically. But thank God we are all better than that... we're not fucking monsters. Regardless, I'm sure he's already suffering, he's in jail, he was caught. He has no power, no control. He can't even shower without someone telling him to hurry up. He will have no retirement. He will never ride his bike again. Hopefully his conscience, if he has one, will give him lots of nightmares. And he will die in prison, alone and fragile. Nobody will cry for him.

Last edited:
This guy terrorized families, including the youth. I hope they force him into general population and he’s tormented daily ala what he did to others.

What’s America’s stance on serial killers in prison ? Do they get protection or in a secluded area ? Could someone fill me in ?

This guy terrorized families, including the youth. I hope they force him into general population and he’s tormented daily ala what he did to others.

What’s America’s stance on serial killers in prison ? Do they get protection or in a secluded area ? Could someone fill me in ?
I believe they will send him to some maximum security prison and there he will remain separated from the general prison population. I believe this for a few reasons:
1) he's a sadistic fuck, and probably a manipulative person too. He can potentially cause a lot of trouble.
2) he's a serial rapist and I believe they keep them separated for their own safety
3) he's a senior citizen, I also believe they are kept separated for their own safety

These are all guesses and assumptions on my part though.

He's not going to last long if he's put in general pop. Another inmate would kill him in months.

Serial killers, rapists, child molesters, and others in that category are always targeted by inmates that are their for "lesser evil" crimes.

i remember posting in a thread about this person some months ago

i thought he'd be dead

glad they caught him

and he was a police officer :eek:
i remember reading that they nearly caught him but he managed to always get away

have they said anything more about the phonecalls he left to his victims?

Make him rot in jail. Bet he thought he would never get caught.

I wonder if he read reddit or read any of the books?

i remember posting in a thread about this person some months ago

i thought he'd be dead

If you listen to the casefile podcasts (from 2017) the cops, victims families and survivors were all sure he'd get caught. Pretty amazing to listen to that now.

They actually thought he may be 15 yrs younger than he turned out to be. So they thought there was a good chance he would get caught.

Back