British Army Instructor Faces Court Martial for Yelling at Female recruit

Can someone please explain why all this gender horseshit is being pushed in Western Militaries? Is it because we have no real threats anymore so it's a dog and pony show (while real warriors are on call-seals, pilots, etc.). I don't understand why a country would intentionally weaken their own military unless they think it doesn't matter anymore. Maybe nukes and all our tech has seen to that.

Win or loose the utopian vision is worth risking it all.

Russia (Soviet Union) lost in Afghanistan. It was their Vietnam. The verdict is still out on a U.S. victory in Afghanistan.

Yes. Women in the U.S. Army can now fill combat roles like the Infantry. They can go through Ranger school, Special Forces school and even U.S. Navy SEAL training. I would say 99% of women soldiers want nothing to do with that.
I'll take your word for it. Not my department. I'm soldier. Bring them to the ground in a combat situation and let's see how they handle the stress. Not saying they can't, but as a whole, I don't see it happening. Even some men have a hard time with it. In the field with men, I've seen too many problems crop up. Going to the bathroom, showering, sex, guys getting 'possessive' of their female counterpart, etc. Guys loose their focus when 'pussy' is involved.

This will change as society realizes that gender is just a social construct created by patriarchy.

Sounds like the instructor was just doing a rendition of "Full Metal Jacket". I guess the joke is lost out if the "abused" hasn't seen the movie.

Women can have a place in the army, since modern armies require many non-lethal tasks to be done, but I do not think it's a good idea to enlist in units where you're actually required to do the killing. As a woman, nobody expects you to do that. Why the fuck would you even want to do that? It's not a "privilege" for men to kill people in war. It's a disgusting duty that has had to be done, at certain points in time. Nothing to get jealous about.

If you ever talk to a veteran of war, very few of them gloat about the killing. The sense of comradeship, bravery, achieving objectives, sure. But the actual killing? Almost never. It's not a privilege, you shouldn't want it, and if you do, you're probably screwed in the head. I question the good sense of any woman that enlists in combat troops.

If you cannot "harden" people to potentially be killers in an act of war, then you should just abolish the entire military. What's the point? They're not going to play a game of football out there. It's not paintball. It's about killing people, massive numbers of them.

Going to the army shouldn't be seen as some quirky thing you did, to put in a list of achievements. It needs to be real out there. Otherwise, just get rid of it.

Last edited:
My question is if the soldier were a man would any one care?

It is because of tech. A moron sherdoggy in his basement could take out a third world country by moving a joystick and hitting his trigger.

Drones made 'war' easy. I think war should be hard. It should be face to face, you shoot me and I'll shoot you.

That would make it as hard as it should be and make people think twice or three times about it.

Now it's a next stage in a game. For everyone except the ones getting 'droned' and/or bombed.

You can't watch those videos from the Snowden leaks and think we're the good guys.

Drones made war easy? When was your last deployment?

Wars still occurred when soldiers faced each other with 20m of separation and fought with hand held weapons. The best practice would be to have political figures fight the wars they get their countries into personally.

I don't think being further away has made anything easier, persay, it has prevented many thousands of civilian deaths that happened during prior wars of the 20th century without precision bombs.

Yeah because that is what terrorists are looking for. That is the reason why the Russian and the US both won in Afghanistan the terrorists were scared of the soldiers.

Obviously, this is a public relations issue. And exactly what militaries in 2018 don't want to project anymore.
You want to win over local populations not given the appearance you are there with your killers.
Training people like that is one thing. Filming it and making it public should get you fired for stupidity at least.

Should have gone Full Ghenghis. He crushed the Afghans, drove them before him and heard the lamentation of their women;)

Should have gone Full Ghenghis. He crushed the Afghans, drove them before him and listened to the lamentation of their women;)

You cannot win in Afghanistan because there's nothing to win.

Occupy it? Great. You'll occupy a country with nothing to offer, filled with rural peasants that cling onto their traditions. The moment you're gone, they'll revert back to what they've been doing for a thousand years.

Drones made war easy? When was your last deployment?

Wars still occurred when soldiers faced each other with 20m of separation and fought with hand held weapons. The best practice would be to have political figures fight the wars they get their countries into personally.

I don't think being further away has made anything easier, persay, it has prevented many thousands of civilian deaths that happened during prior wars of the 20th century without precision bombs.

Was never deployed. Drones have depersonalized war for the west.

Liked and agree with this part "The best practice would be to have political figures fight the wars they get their countries into personally."

I don't see how civilian deaths have been reduced in any significant way. We can look up the numbers. Iraq and Afghanistan have been devestated with civilian casualties.

This is a real thing people. This is not a joke. The same country that conquered the world is today trying to track down a instructor for yelling at a recruit. BTW this is nothing compared to Marine Boot Camp. Please take a look at the video and ask yourselves if this guy went to far. Friends this is what we need to protect ourselves from.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/06/army-...eft-female-recruit-tears-7524390/?ito=cbshare

What did I miss here? The issue seems to be that he inappropriately recorded the encounter.
"Tory MP Johnny Mercer, who as an Army officer fought the Taliban at close quarters in Afghanistan, said bayonet training had to be brutal, but he criticised the instructor’s decision to record the exercise."

This is a real thing people. This is not a joke. The same country that conquered the world is today trying to track down a instructor for yelling at a recruit. BTW this is nothing compared to Marine Boot Camp. Please take a look at the video and ask yourselves if this guy went to far. Friends this is what we need to protect ourselves from.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/06/army-...eft-female-recruit-tears-7524390/?ito=cbshare

Guy should be court marshaled for plagiary

You cannot win in Afghanistan because there's nothing to win.

Occupy it? Great. You'll occupy a country with nothing to offer, filled with rural peasants that cling onto their traditions. The moment you're gone, they'll revert back to what they've been doing for a thousand years.

Well, that depends what country decides to fight in Afghanistan.
You always need more Lebensraum.
Which also takes care of the local population at the same time.

My question is if the soldier were a man would any one care?

Depends on if the justification is just the treatment, or the airing it online

People need to quit fucking recording everything they do. It only leads to trouble (and is also why police all should be outfitted with bodycams and on whenever they're doing their job)

Keep women out of the military. Problem solved.

Was never deployed. Drones have depersonalized war for the west.

Liked and agree with this part "The best practice would be to have political figures fight the wars they get their countries into personally."

I don't see how civilian deaths have been reduced in any significant way. We can look up the numbers. Iraq and Afghanistan have been devestated with civilian casualties.

There is no comparison to Vietnam, WW2, and any number of conflicts which Russians have involved themselves civilian death wise. Look I'm not saying it's great to me, but it's fucking war, that's why you don't commit until it's absolutely necessary. Smart bombs and precision targeting have helped reduce civilian casualties. Another aspect in this conflict is that many fighters conceal themselves amongst civilian for protection and propaganda if they're killed in what is usually a counter attack. I know this because I have seen it happen, and been there with people we detained admitted to this strategy.

Even when war wasn't depersonalized, the US still went to war...

Do you have more than what you posted? Because it doesn't sound like the Defense Chiefs are pissed at the Corporal for being too mean to our snowflake here. It seems like they're pissed that he filmed the interaction of his own cell phone and then blasted it on the internet.

That, should be worthy of a court martial. Unless I've misunderstood something here.

If that's the issue I agree. I'm fucking tired of people trying to go viral all the fucking time. Do you fucking job.

In Citizen Army Training its basicaly our version of Jr.ROTC but much softer we get yelled at hard by the commandant.

You give any lame excuse and he will scream in your face BullShit.

I would asume in the Real Army it is supposed to be tougher and hence they scream harder and push you around.

I just hope some girls see this and understand the army is not for them

Obviously the the main issue is filming on putting training online. But lots of people, including some of the army spokespeople are clearly condemning the instructor for being mean to that woman.

Here in the UK the reaction from the media has mostly been "Women should be treated the same as men. How dare that nasty man make that poor delicate little woman cry". The MP and former soldier Johnny Mercer who said there is nothing wrong with the training methods in the video, the only issue is the fact it was recorded and leaked, has been getting a load of abuse for his comments.

So there is clearly a certain level of emotional, PC bullshit going on here that should have no place in the military.

That makes absolutely no sense. I don't think that's what you meant or are the UK media is stating. Or you are combining two opposing opinion of the subject into one. If women want to be treated equally then are trained equally (verbally abused, level of training, blah blah blah).

Back