good guy with a gun stops kids from getting too noisy; newest shooting

One of my teachers always told me the usage of the word is the meaning. So like with "assault rifle" we all know what people are saying when they use the phrase, so that becomes what the phrase means.

I totally agree.

You know if this good guy didn't have a gun he would just be some average grumpy cunt.

But now he clearly has mental issues and is a symptom of poor mental health policy

Who is the Sherdog member with power to dictate policy?
All of us that aren't felons.

229jx1ch1jhz.gif

This is a great demonstration of why society has nothing to fear from fully automatic weapons - when over fired they literally melt. It's like a built in rounds limiter that cannot be hacked or modded away.

Hopefully the lefty gun grabbers will take note.

Let's ignore the "machine gun" vs. "assault rifle" semantic debate for a minute.

Would this situation have been improved if both of the two guys who got shot had a rifle of their own? I mean if they pulled out their rifles or hand-guns, it would have been one guy who just wanted some peace and quiet versus two guys who didn't want to turn their music down, but didn't like the other guy taking out his rifle. Who's the good guy with a gun in that situation?

Once all three rifles are out, I doubt anyone is planning on backing down because that's not usually why you take your gun out, is it? Would it have been better if the younger guys just shot the guy who wanted their music turned down? Would all three guns being out calm down the situation or make it worse? Is everyone now acting in self defense because guns are pointed at them? What if a bystander pulled out his gun and shot at the kids because he saw an old man being held up by two kids?

If they had returned fire and killed the attacker then the title of this thread would be a lot more truthful.

Assuming they could legally own a firearm.

I never understand this rebuke from gun twats.

We get it that you guy's have made very specific, unnecessary and arbitrary definitions of "semi-auto," "full-auto," "machine gun," etc....; and then lol yourselves right out of the argument if someone doesn't nail the right term spot on.

We get it. You guys jerk off while sniffing each other's holsters.

Regardless of what term the OP used, bickering over a definition doesn't address the point. Which was that we have a dipshit gun owner here doing something stupid. Not that the OP is really threadworthy. But at least try to address the topic. You don't just auto win the argument because someone on the other side incorrectly identified a weapons rate of fire, or used some off industry term like "assault rifle."

How you guys think this is some big rebuttal is just desperate.

Watch Trust Fund Tucker both demean cops AND play the tech specs card in this priceless head-to-head with an NRA opponent.

This is a great demonstration of why society has nothing to fear from fully automatic weapons - when over fired they literally melt. It's like a built in rounds limiter that cannot be hacked or modded away.

Exactly

Unless you want to lug around one of those super heavy water-cooled machine guns Browning used to make.

Good luck trying to carry that thing unless you’re Uber TS

Will my gun work better keeping me safe from the Sherdog government than it does on the real government?
“This is my rifle, this is my gun.....” your gun will probably work great on homer.

Isn't that the suppressor that melted?

You miss the point of the rebuttal completely.

There are two reasons people misclassify guns:

1: Ignorance. People on the anti-gun side so often fail to make meaningful points about specific types of firearms because they know nothing about them. People with such little knowledge on a subject is not fit to debate it. I wouldn't respect Kim Kardashian debating Gene Hoglan on death metal.

2. Fear mongering: People intentionally misclassify weapons with the intent of making the weapons themselves seem nefarious. This thread is s good example. I bet TS knows damn well that an AK47 isn't a "machine gun" but "machine gun" sounds scarier than "semi-automatic rifle". I wouldn't call a Chef's Knife a "tactical knife", because that's not what it is.

Do you really need to know how a gun works to have an opinion that people walking into schools and massacring students is bad?

Can you only be against nuclear weapons if you know how they work?

Do you really need to know how a gun works to have an opinion that people walking into schools and massacring students is bad?

Can you only be against nuclear weapons if you know how they work?

That's not the discussion. So now, you have to choose: Did you misinterpret what I said out of ignorance or malice?

That's not the discussion. So now, you have to choose: Did you misinterpret what I said out of ignorance or malice?

Oh, that's right.

Your discussion is that if you aren't a gun nut then you should have no opinion on guns.

Just like only drug addicts should be making drug policy.... since they're the experienced ones.

Oh, that's right.

Your discussion is that if you aren't a gun nut then you should have no opinion on guns.

Just like only drug addicts should be making drug policy.... since they're the experienced ones.

That's also not it.

At this point, I'm just going to take it as a complete inability to comprehend what you read.

At this point I'm just going to take you as a a mental midget.

So its ok.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

At least I'm not dumb enough to miss a point that is clearly spelled out.

I never understand this rebuke from gun twats.

We get it that you guy's have made very specific, unnecessary and arbitrary definitions of "semi-auto," "full-auto," "machine gun," etc....; and then lol yourselves right out of the argument if someone doesn't nail the right term spot on.

We get it. You guys jerk off while sniffing each other's holsters.

Regardless of what term the OP used, bickering over a definition doesn't address the point. Which was that we have a dipshit gun owner here doing something stupid. Not that the OP is really threadworthy. But at least try to address the topic. You don't just auto win the argument because someone on the other side incorrectly identified a weapons rate of fire, or used some off industry term like "assault rifle."

How you guys think this is some big rebuttal is just desperate.

Hey, I take a shit on the right when they want to be proud to be ignorent, and you can get some to.

You can pretend words don't have meanings, but that doesn't make it so.

It's not anyone's fault that most gun grabbers are know nothing's when it comes to guns, and most 2nd supporters are people who actually have experience with guns, and know the difference between a machine gun, and a semi-automatic gun.

Just to piss of the anti 2nd "What machine gun?".

Also this shit head needs to go to prison for the rest of his life.

That's how you fix the gun violence you lock up the criminals.

Lol it truly is absurd that the same people that tell you terror has nothing to do with islam, and is a criminal issue(they are right here). When it comes to guns, they will tell you that you have to ban guns, and that the way you handle things that are already illegal, is not to prosecute those people, but to strip a constitutional right.

Anyone that wants to ban guns should want to ban Islam, and vica versa.

The rest of us are sane, and reject facsism.

Back