good guy with a gun stops kids from getting too noisy; newest shooting

Hey, I take a shit on the right when they want to be proud to be ignorent, and you can get some to.

You can pretend words don't have meanings, but that doesn't make it so.

It's not anyone's fault that most gun grabbers are know nothing's when it comes to guns, and most 2nd supporters are people who actually have experience with guns, and know the difference between a machine gun, and a semi-automatic gun.

Look the issue with using the correct language can be important when it comes to proposing legislation or possibly discussing policy. But 90% of the time, complaints over improper language are just being used to kill the discussion. It makes no difference whether or not the TS used the correct industry terminology here, as calling the rifle used a "machine gun" has no bearing on the issue being discussed.

Same with todays shooting near Houston. Should all discussion on America's weekly mass shooting cease the moment we find one person in the media who says something incorrect regarding the firearms used?

Look the issue with using the correct language can be important when it comes to proposing legislation or possibly discussing policy. But 90% of the time, complaints over improper language are just being used to kill the discussion. It makes no difference whether or not the TS used the correct industry terminology here, as calling the rifle used a "machine gun" has no bearing on the issue being discussed.

Same with todays shooting near Houston. Should all discussion on America's weekly mass shooting cease the moment we find one person in the media who says something incorrect regarding the firearms used?

No, but if that person is advocating for any position on the issue, they should be mocked as a know nothing.

We shouldn't let ignorent people be viewed as having a opinion worth others listening to. That is how we got to trump.

Now being ignorant on guns, doesn't mean your opinion on any aspect is ridiculous, but I can tell you that if you are calling for a ban on assault rifles, and can't define what a assault rifle is, that person should probably be shouted down.

No, but if that person is advocating for any position on the issue, they should be mocked as a know nothing.

We shouldn't let ignorent people be viewed as having a opinion worth others listening to. That is how we got to trump.

Now being ignorant on guns, doesn't mean your opinion on any aspect is ridiculous, but I can tell you that if you are calling for a ban on assault rifles, and can't define what a assault rifle is, that person should probably be shouted down.

Just curious, but what is your opinion on nuclear weapons?

Do you think every country should be allowed it's own nukes?

That's not a good guy, and AK's aren't machine guns.

Yes they are, not the entire world subscribes to the American nomenclature.

You can claim that the AK probably isnt full auto, but the original model is.

Just to piss of the anti 2nd "What machine gun?".

Also this shit head needs to go to prison for the rest of his life.

That's how you fix the gun violence you lock up the criminals.

Machine gun is the term given to any firearm capable of full automatic fire.

Yes they are, not the entire world subscribes to the American nomenclature.

Nope.

If your gonna post a story about the US, you kind of have to. Or you're just being a tool.

I don't call soccer soccer when I make a thread about Euro-league soccer.

I'm torn on it. MAD is a very real concept, but it only has to fail once for 10,000 years of consequences.

I agree.

Every country should have nukes.

Think of all the money that could be made if U.S. companies could provide nukes to Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc. So much $$$.

So tired of people making this mistake.

I’d much rather my neighbor be recklessly shooting an AK than a LMG

An AK-47 according to original specifications should be capable of full auto.

@JosephDredd time to edit title again this is no longer the newest shooting.

Nope.

If your gonna post a story about the US, you kind of have to. Or you're just being a tool.

What about US law?

(b)Machinegun

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

The 2nd Amendment crowd again proving their ignorance about guns.

@Flex Plexico what mistake?

Nope.

Soccer is a perfectly acceptable way to call
association football.

I agree.

Every country should have nukes.

Think of all the money that could be made if U.S. companies could provide nukes to Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc. So much $$$.

Imagine how many lives would be saved, with rulers having to risk their own life to go to war.

Nukes certainly puts everyone's skin in the game doesn't it?

What about US law?

(b)Machinegun

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

Well if a legal AK in the US meets this definition, then so does a stock piece of metal. Both just require a little bit of machining to become a fully automatic weapon.

Imagine how many lives would be saved, with rulers having to risk their own life to go to war.

Nukes certainly puts everyone's skin in the game doesn't it?

Well, I'm pretty sure most countries have nuclear bunkers for their leadership, so they wouldn't be really at the same risk at all.

An AK-47 according to original specifications should be capable of full auto.
and how would that make it a machine gun?

Machine guns are capable of sustained full auto fire and use a belt and or box fed system.

I’m not very deeply entrenched on either side. I like guns and have shot them before, but am in favor of common sense gun control

Last edited:
What about US law?

(b)Machinegun

If the AK was not capable of firing full auto when it was used, it wasn't a machine gun as far as the ATF is concerned.

Based on your ignorance of how to spell ignorant, your opinion on this matter isn't worth listening to according to your own criteria.

Back