Measuring the power of the hardest hitting middleweights

Every boxer has their own unique style. Some are brawlers, others boxers boxer, others hybrids between the two. Some have awful form, some have awesome form. I don't seek to emulate others. I will just work on repetition.
Perfect practice makes perfect. If you just repeat the same mistakes over and over again you won't improve. I cannot impress on you enough the importance of proper technique.

Perfect practice makes perfect. If you just repeat the same mistakes over and over again you won't improve. I cannot impress on you enough the importance of proper technique.

Of course I work on refining my technique. However, there is no fundamental flaw to my power jab. I don't concider my technique poor with that particular shot

Of course I work on refining my technique. However, there is no fundamental flaw to my power jab. I don't concider my technique poor with that particular shot
Have you come to this conclusion on your own or has an expert expressed this to you?

Have you come to this conclusion on your own or has an expert expressed this to you?

Never had any technical criticism of it. I can control sparring sessions with just my jab. If there is a technical flaw , then it's news to me.

Can you post a sparring match?

I would like to do that, but I need permission both from the other guy and the gym, and there's a sharpened law over here that might prevent me from being allowed to film inside of a gym. I know it sounds silly but that's what I have been told. I live in Europe.

Size matters. There are exceptional punchers that generate power on par with the average of a higher weightclass but an exceptional punching HW will still hit harder.

But how could Jeff Lacy hit the hardest of them all then, in the study @aries referenced.

So your jab is perfect? Do you realize how delusional you’re coming off right now?

Good fighters know how to take criticism.

Good fighters know how to take criticism.

No problem if it's motivated. He didn't say why.

Btw, do you think my right cross is technically better than my jab? I couldn't tell you which my best shot is. It's either the cross or the jab, that much I know.

Ok then. It's possible you have natural power. Your technique doesn't look great but then again there appears to be a bed between you and your target. You need to hang that bag up in the garage or somewhere. :p

P.S. Spend a day on youtube watching Bob Foster fights. He had a nice jab you can try to emulate.

It took me literally years to get my jab to where it should be. I’ve got a nice, sharp snappy jab now but I’m too old and injured to fight anymore.

It took me literally years to get my jab to where it should be. I’ve got a nice, sharp snappy jab now but I’m too old and injured to fight anymore.

Why wasn't it snappy when you first did it? Fast twitch muscle fibers don't develop over time, you're born with them.

I have done both Kickboxing and Boxing. Of all the combat systems, Boxing is the one I feel you either got it or you don't. Including power.

Every beginner at kicking sucked (myself included). Not every beginner at boxing sucked at punching. Far from it.

I have done both Kickboxing and Boxing. Of all the combat systems, Boxing is the one I feel you either got it or you don't. Including power.

Every beginner at kicking sucked (myself included). Not every beginner at boxing sucked at punching. Far from it.

Im a boxer and kickboxer as well. I massively disagree with the bolded statement. I've never seen anyone walk in to a gym and look anything other than fckin awkward. Some people can naturally throw a decent punch but footwork, combinations, timing, distance awareness are all things that you have to learn and are not natural. You have to put the hours in to be decent, and with all the pros and decent amis I've trained/sparred with, that has always been the case

I do think boxing is a tougher sport to become decent at because it is far more intricate. Inside fighting, slips, feights, head movement is much more important. I started Kickboxing over 10 years ago and long after I started boxing. What took me time with kickboxing was conditioning and increasing my flexibility which literally took years (and I still stretch 4 times a week to try to improve this). very few kickboxers Ive trained with were any good with their hands, at least nowhere near the level of the boxers Ive trained with. I could at least close the distance and rely on my hands when I started as I couldn't even throw a body kick without counterbalancing

Why wasn't it snappy when you first did it? Fast twitch muscle fibers don't develop over time, you're born with them.

Technique. Not that I was taught incorrectly but a different trainer managed to get help me correct it. I've always had a good left hook so there is no issue with my power in general. I'm a big fella so I hit hard anyway. the only punch I lack real power in is the rear uppercut and right hook to the body, but this is down to lack of full movement in my back/hip due to injuries from boxing/kickboxing

My spinning back kick and front kicks are also a lot harder than they used to be. Same as above, my technique wasn't incorrect, I just tweaked it suit my body and any limitations and both of these kicks are now much harder thanks to a different coach

Technique. Not that I was taught incorrectly but a different trainer managed to get help me correct it. I've always had a good left hook so there is no issue with my power in general. I'm a big fella so I hit hard anyway. the only punch I lack real power in is the rear uppercut and right hook to the body, but this is down to lack of full movement in my back/hip due to injuries from boxing/kickboxing

My spinning back kick and front kicks are also a lot harder than they used to be. Same as above, my technique wasn't incorrect, I just tweaked it suit my body and any limitations and both of these kicks are now much harder thanks to a different coach

And in my case the jab and cross came naturally, but the hooks and uppercuts didn't.

And in my case the jab and cross came naturally, but the hooks and uppercuts didn't.

ive always been restricted with my rear uppercut because of limitations with my back. I think the main reason I’ve got a better jab/spinning back kick/front kick is training with different coaches. I’m my experience you pick different things up from different coaches

Btw, do you think my right cross is technically better than my jab? I couldn't tell you which my best shot is. It's either the cross or the jab, that much I know.

You have a really big tell with your right hand. Your body starts to lean forward before you throw the shot. Try and get out of that habit.

I would pay to watch you spar someone at Gleason's. About a week's pay. :D

Back