Measuring the power of the hardest hitting middleweights

What do you guys think about this as a surprise tactic? Is there a term for it? It looks like an overhand right, minus the looping trajectory

The idea is to load up on the right hand and ducking under/to the side of it where my opponent can't do anything to counter.

Why won't you hang that bag up?

Because the roof can't take it according to the coach
There is no way I believe that you are in a boxing gym that just leans the heavy bags up against the wall. Calling bullshit on this.

No. He said a regular apartment roof was inappropriate. How is that relevant to totn question??
The question should be what do you think you're accomplishing with that kind of setup. I don't know how much relevant feedback you can get posting one punch videos on a bag leaning up against a wall.

The question should be what do you think you're accomplishing with that kind of setup. I don't know how much relevant feedback you can get posting one punch videos on a bag leaning up against a wall.

There is no difference if it had been hanging up for that particular punch sequence.

That's not necessarily true. If he just stays in the pocket passively, figuring out what to do next, I can throw a feint and fire off a cross just like on the heavy bag. It depends on which range we are fighting at

I’m getting some Charlie Zellenoff/ Robert De Niro from taxi driver vibes from you.

No. He said a regular apartment roof was inappropriate. How is that relevant to totn question??

I use 2 freestanding bags at home. Not ideal for boxing but decent for kickboxing. I’m lucky that I’ve got a decent sized yard and both of the bags unscrew from the base so I can store them inside.

You think our technical level is comparable?
Listen it's true that you might be delusional. Post at least a few minutes hitting the bag or a sparring match. Then we can give you better input.

Listen it's true that you might be delusional. Post at least a few minutes hitting the bag or a sparring match. Then we can give you better input.

The bag moves off center every single time I punch it. I can only show techniques in isolation.

You think our technical level is comparable?
I don't know how much bluster it was but LaMotta stated DeNiro could turn pro by the end of his training. My trainer told me flat out that I'd never be a champ but that I could make a living as a pro. From what you've posted who knows? It's a damn bag leaning up against the wall!

I can snap it too. Doesn't look as flashy on youtube though. I wanted to KO a bag with a jab. So power jab it is!

What has a power jab got anything to do with you leading with the elbow. I gave you a heads up to a technique problem that you have, and not just with your jab, you have an issue with your right hand too. Anyone else who was serious about improving would have been happy to have such advice on their issues but you haven't addressed your issues at all. I'm guessing that you are not actually interested in knowing that you are doing something wrong and you already think your technique is perfect or good enough. If that's the case then you are delusional.

Back