Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Wasn't really racist though was it. Getting tired of the word monkey being auto associated with black people. Who fuckin decided that? Plenty of white monkey like people. Fuck off

The top writer for Roseanne called him an ape.

If they take a stand with Roseanne they should IDEALLY hold the same respect for the president. In a perfect world.

Calling people apes is racist after all.
please explain how calling a white person an ape is the same as calling a black person an ape?

That ugly bitch did look like an extra out of planet of the apes so it was funny

Explain to me how it’s different
it was used to oppress one of those sets of people, scientists literally used to say black people were apes
Races_and_skulls.png

it was used to oppress one of those sets of people, scientists literally used to say black people were apes
Races_and_skulls.png

Honestly when people ask that question I don't even read it as a question anymore. I read it as a statement declaring they don't know shit about American history.

Honestly when people ask that question I don't even read it as a question anymore. I read it as a statement declaring they don't know shit about American history.
right? Im not even American but even I know that much lol

Races_and_skulls.png

Black people ARE apes you moron. Just like every single human being is an ape.

People used to say and do a lot of things hundreds of years ago. Racist morons still exist. We get it. Reprimand them and move on.

My ancestors are not black and they were murdered and raped and enslaved by blacks, whites, Muslims and plenty of people. I don’t whine about it like a crippled victim every 10 seconds. I feel so bad for people who can only function as victims, when they’re really not. They will never be happy.

You’re an ape. I’m an ape. Stop embarrassing yourself.

People used to say and do a lot of things hundreds of years ago. Racist morons still exist. We get it. Reprimand them and move on.

My ancestors are not black and they were murdered and raped and enslaved by blacks, whites, Muslims and plenty of people. I don’t whine about it like a crippled victim every 10 seconds. I feel so bad for people who can only function as victims, when they’re really not. They will never be happy.

no shit sherlock, we are all apes. But when one section of society was considered evolved and the other was considered as equivalent to a chimpanzee. Calling one section of the society an ape holds a bit more of a sting.

what your ancestors went through, while terrible has nothing to do with this topic.

That ugly bitch did look like an extra out of planet of the apes so it was funny
gotta say, I looked her up and she really does. And I would not peg her as black. If I had to pick a race I would say Jewish.

Can you tell us when and where your ancestors were enslaved and raped and beaten and tortured? Can you describe the means used to disparage them and show us the campaigns used to dehumanize them?

Black people can. Because that was barely 150 years ago in this very country, and who the fuck are you to put a time limit on how people deal with wounds when they still haven't healed?

But please go on and tell me how it'd be totally ok if your grandma was raped and beaten to death and I made jokes about it. I mean that was in the past, so if you got angry you should just get over it right?

Can you tell us when and where your ancestors were enslaved and raped and beaten and tortured? Can you describe the means used to disparage them and show us the campaigns used to dehumanize them?

Black people can. Because that was barely 150 years ago in this very country, and who the fuck are you to put a time limit on how people deal with wounds when they still haven't healed?

But please go on and tell me how it'd be totally ok if your grandma was raped and beaten to death and I made jokes about it. I mean that was in the past, so if you got angry you should just get over it right?

You’re conflating two things, I suspect because you’re a moron.

Nobody is saying to forget your history. However, you weren’t there. You’re not a victim. You are only descended from victims.

There’s a difference.

The USA is filled with opportunity for people who want to stop whining. You will never get ahead by being a little bitch who pretends to suffer like their ancestors did.

It’s just a lie. There’s no other way to put it.

(And my ancestors were murdered en masse a lot more recently than 1865) — irrelevant, but you did ask. Do I win the victim Olympics now?

Nobody is saying to forget your history.

That was entirely what you were saying. "I don't cry victim every ten seconds", "move on" those are literally your words.

However, you weren’t there. You’re not a victim. You are only descended from victims.

There’s a difference.

Great, so if someone brutally murders your mother, it's ok for me to joke about it right? It didn't happen to you. You weren't there.

The USA is filled with opportunity for people who want to stop whining. You will never get ahead by being a little bitch who pretends to suffer like their ancestors did.

You'll also never get ahead by being an insensitive piece of shit using old wounds to insult someone you disagree with. Ask Rosanne.

What's a lie? Are you suggesting people tell kids "hey, complain about the past, it'll help you get ahead?" or are we in a thread about an insensitive bitch paying for being insensitive?

I get you need to redefine the topic to actually have a point, but no one is gonna change the thread title, so it won't work.

(And my ancestors were murdered en masse a lot more recently than 1865) — irrelevant, but you did ask. Do I win the victim Olympics now?

When, where? Let me know so I can make fun of it simply because we're disagreeing on a different topic. When I'm done I'm gonna ask you to tell yourself to get over it.

Because it allows people to dodge the nuance that comes with jokes. Jokes are a difficult gray area with a lot of subjective factors, like in my convo with @Essie, where his (her?) sensibilities about jokes make it difficult for me to demonstrate how comedy is counter-cultural, as distinct from other arts.

Should comedians get more leeway on jokes vs the average citizen because it is their job or should they be held to higher standard (like doctors and electricians and cooks) because they are professionals?

Also, FWIW I think she was making a joke. I also think It was done in an intentionally malicious way at the expense of someone she has political differences with. Basically her joke was at the level of a grade schooler calling another kid fat to hurt them and make other kids laugh.

Nobody is saying to forget your history. However, you weren’t there. You’re not a victim. You are only descended from victims.

There’s a difference.

You know that blacks were beaten, attacked with dogs, gassed, and jailed for trying to sit at a lunch counter or register to vote as late as the 1960's right? You also know that those victims are still very much alive with some in Congress right now? I have personally met a black woman who had her fingernails torn out by a store owner because she tried to buy nail polish and "got uppity" when he wouldn't sell it to her. The police refused to investigate. This is not ancient history. These "ancestors" are all very much alive.

Just the other day there was an interview with onenof the first black woman to attend University of Georgia. She had to have guards as protection.and was subject to racists signs and comments. Half her Freshman history class walked out when she went in. This woman is still very much alive.

Sig worthy quote

You know that blacks were beaten, attacked with dogs, gassed, and jailed for trying to sit at a lunch counter or register to vote as late as the 1960's right? You also know that those victims are still very much alive with some in Congress right now? I have personally met a black woman who had her fingernails torn out by a store owner because she tried to buy nail polish and "got uppity" when he wouldn't sell it to her. The police refused to investigate. This is not ancient history. These "ancestors" are all very much alive.

Just the other day there was an interview with onenof the first black woman to attend University of Georgia. She had to have guards as protection.and was subject to racists signs and comments. Half her Freshman history class walked out when she went in. This woman is still very much alive.
for every one of those people still alive there are a hundred white people who’ve been robbed by a black person. But we don’t go about acting like we’ve been systematically victimized.

Back