Can the average guy punch better than Punk with no training?

Really? I've trained with a lot of people of that experience level who would absolutely destroy him in a fight. He seems like one of the most legitimately talentless people I've ever seen after that long. He was in a top flight camp doing 2 a days for years and looked like a rank amateur.

"rank amateur" is exactly what CM is with 2.5 years of training. And notice, that's 2.5 years of full MMA, not just Muay Thai or Kickboxing.....so he ain't getting a full 2.5 years of standup striking, more like 1/2 of that 2.5 years.

I know that we can't prove this, but pick out a guy from your gym with 1.25 years of MT training that is CM's age, and tell me he's so much better...that guy prob. never even fought. It's easy to make someone with CM's level of experience look stupid in a fight when the other guy's much more advanced as a fighter.

Last edited:
I would bet a ton of money on pretty much any random construction worker over punk

Hes probably the least athletic athlete I've seen in my life

can an average guy who never trained punch harder then a athlete who has taken years to train? is this a serious question lol
You forget, the average sherdogger is 100% more athletic than a person who made their living as a pro-wrestler...

I think people are hating on CM because perhaps it made them realise how shit that they themselves would actually look stepping into the octagon haha.

But then i think, no, it’s much more likely that CM is some unathletic anomaly who is naturally just an uncoordinated shit fighter. Yes, that’s much more reasonable.

I'm pretty sure cm has been off an on for a while now.

Could be wrong but I think megan jumped right in to fighting not long after starting to train.

One thing is for sure - megan's underwear selfie game is on point.

I still don't get you guys. OK if I look at cropped pics of her ass in skimpy undies only, then it's awesome....but damn, I couldn't get over those freaky long limbs connected to a very short torso, last night. And I'm just as pervey as the next Sherbro.

You forget, the average sherdogger is 100% more athletic than a person who made their living as a pro-wrestler...

I think people are hating on CM because perhaps it made them realise how shit that they themselves would actually look stepping into the octagon haha.

But then i think, no, it’s much more likely that CM is some unathletic anomaly who is naturally just an uncoordinated shit fighter. Yes, that’s much more reasonable.

I'm not even hating on the guy as what he did and facing the ridicule you'll get for failing is hard to do. He just doesn't seem like he has any knack for fighting whatsoever. A fight between him and some of the kids I've trained with wouldn't even be competitive and I'm talking young guys who only trained sporadically for a year or two.

<2>
That's not what true love's all about bb
Lmao. You have me confused with a basic bitch . This bad bitch has some “true love” for high end boxing gloves.

Type street fights in YouTube and you’ll see dozens of untrained people with better more powerful punches. Punks punches are all just arm punches and he seems to have no depth perception or sense of timing. Even many untrained people will turn their hips and put their body weight behind strikes.

An average guy is not a street fighter tho, people on those videos obviously have tendency for fist fighting and have some experience doing it in the past, And/or training for it.

An average guy would some dude you see in a shop drinking coffee or something

Definitely not. Look at the average street fight and you will see two guys swinging their arms like windmills. Punk is a terrible striker but he's not as terrible as the average guy. Are some people naturally more gifted and able to throw a better punch than Punk with little to no training? Sure. But those people are the exception, not the rule.

Also, for people saying they've seen videos of streetfights where guys punch better than Punk: How do you know those guys haven't trained?

Dudes with some training and street fighting experience = better than most average guys who never fought before:

On a serious note, for the athleticism of CM Punk, which is certainly above average and on the level of a hardcore weekend warrior, then this is a good reminder that even if you are a tough guy it's not enough to compete at the highest level of fighting when you are not a natural. I think it would have been a different story if he had started at the amateurs (a little younger) and slowly get build up, I say that because he is definitely not average, only in comparison to Professional Mixed Martial Artists is he below the norm. Seeing him lose you can say he tried his hardest, has heart and is a tough guy, for that I respect him and hope he gets a win at the amateur level and helps a little promotion in the process.

I trained boxing 10 years ago for 2 years. I'm 20-30 pounds overweight and I would absolutely still go into the ring right now and outbox CMPunk until I got tired of course. He has no instincts as a fighter. He is just tough.

Definitely not. Look at the average street fight and you will see two guys swinging their arms like windmills. Punk is a terrible striker but he's not as terrible as the average guy. Are some people naturally more gifted and able to throw a better punch than Punk with little to no training? Sure. But those people are the exception, not the rule.

Also, for people saying they've seen videos of streetfights where guys punch better than Punk: How do you know those guys haven't trained?

By the nature of the question I took it as we're assuming by "average guy" we mean someone who is a decent level of fitness and had a few street fights or a few causal boxing classes. A lot of average people have had a little bit of training. Obviously CM Punk will be tougher that someone with no fighting experience at all. I'm sure I'd pick a few manual labourers or convicts over punk though. I remember on bully beatdown the amature hockey player who was whooping the pro MMA fighters ass until the pro threw an illegal high kick.

On a serious note, for the athleticism of CM Punk, which is certainly above average and on the level of a hardcore weekend warrior, then this is a good reminder that even if you are a tough guy it's not enough to compete at the highest level of fighting when you are not a natural. I think it would have been a different story if he had started at the amateurs (a little younger) and slowly get build up, I say that because he is definitely not average, only in comparison to Professional Mixed Martial Artists is he below the norm. Seeing him lose you can say he tried his hardest, has heart and is a tough guy, for that I respect him and hope he gets a win at the amateur level and helps a little promotion in the process.

You can see he had a plan grappling and in the clinch he just needs more training, but standing up he looked absolutely lost.

If he said the average sherdogger then I would have agreed 100%, he said average man tho........ lol you are right man

Me? I couldn't give a shit either way.

And my small dick is my girlfriend's problem, not yours ;)
Well, I am inclined to believe your actions, not the words you use in your backpeddle. I wonder if your small dick suffering gf likes that you ask random women to show you their tits online. Real keeper <mma3>

Back