Can the average guy punch better than Punk with no training?

Punk IS the average guy. My biggest issue with him was his movement. He's extremely unathletic and didn't look like he had good control over his body.

Even with years of training, I don't know if you can fix that. Especially at 39.

Well, I am inclined to believe your actions, not the words you use in your backpeddle. I wonder if your small dick suffering gf likes that you ask random women to show you their tits online. Real keeper <mma3>

I did not ask to see your bologna tits, muffin. I merely said I thought the guy was joking when he did and you seemed to take offense to it.. Simple misunderstanding. Cheers, and be well.

I honstly think i would show more technique than punk. Even more so with 4 years of training.

You have to wonder just how much live sparring he did, and not just the striking. He was in full mount for half a round and I never saw him try to shrimp, hip shift or anything. Just laid there trying to punch from the bottom. His punches were all arms, he didn't try to sink in his kicks and any decent coach gets rid of that rookie spin-thing within the first week. It isn't just what you train, it's also how you train it. Maybe Duke just needed the money?

I did not ask to see your bologna tits, muffin. I merely said I thought the guy was joking when he did and you seemed to take offense to it.. Simple misunderstanding. Cheers, and be well.
Oh shit. Well... the small dick comment was for him not you! Sorry, you're fine...carry on:confused:

I'm sure he looks a lot better in training, but what he really lacks is the experience and obvious skill set. The pressure of a real fight against a guy that has pro boxing/kickboxing experience kicks in and he loses all basic fundamentals. Put CM Punk against an 'average guy' with no training and I bet he'll look much better in the cage.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Punk's punching instincts. Like his biomechanics just don't understand how to throw a punch. Like how some people can't throw properly.

I've seen drunken basement boxing matches at parties and ordinary guys with zero training exhibit much more technical boxing with far better biomechanics (to get power, etc.) than Punk has with several years of training.
Cm punk is the average guy

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Punk's punching instincts. Like his biomechanics just don't understand how to throw a punch. Like how some people can't throw properly.

I've seen drunken basement boxing matches at parties and ordinary guys with zero training exhibit much more technical boxing with far better biomechanics (to get power, etc.) than Punk has with several years of training.

UFC-225-CM-Punk-vs-Mike-Jackson-Jimmy-Smith-Preview_656812_OpenGraphImage.jpg

Come at me brah.

It's easy (easier) to maintain form and technique on a bag or pair of mitts.

Much harder in real-time against resisting opponents.

The average guy has no clue about anything relating to fighting and would be even more lost than Punk if place in a similar situation.
I have no training. I "sparred" a friend who had kickboxed his whole life. He was going about 10% and I couldnt do anything but cover my head. I could not see his punches coming at all. I dont think he could have gone any softer if he tried.

Cm is the average guy. I know tons of men who never have fought even in the streets. They dont care to fight nor think its cool. I know some who have fought in the street and think they are a mike tyson. Most? They are cm punk. A few of them can fight and would beat cm up.

However for the average man, cm is just that.

Phil is 40 YO.

The average 40YO would have a stroke after throwing a few arm punches.

high school kids legit have better striking than punk

There is such thing as "innate" talent, which may even include simple things like your biomechanical structure. Certain bodies are just put together better for punching than others.

It is like how in music there are people that are simply tone deaf and no amount of singing practice can make them great.

However, it is also important to realize that great people also DO practice a lot. And practice will certainly make everyone better. So you should never not do something because you believe your natural ability is lesser. But I'm saying you need to honestly assess your potential based on how naturally something comes to you.

With CM Punk I actually blame his trainers and promoters. They really should have an eye for this sort of thing and shouldn't have let him believe he was ready. I trust my coaches to be honest with me and I think it is actually a betrayal to tell someone they're ready when they are not.

They think they can. The fear of getting hit back turns even s decent striker down a few grades IMO.

He appears to have little to no fast twitch muscle. Some people are blessed with more than others, punk has no snap on his punches. I really do believe I could hit harder than him.

Definitely not. Look at the average street fight and you will see two guys swinging their arms like windmills.

True story. One time I was in Beijing and was walking around late on a Saturday night right outside the Forbidden City walls. I hear a fight is starting to break out on the street and see a couple of drunk guys starting to square off. I was like "holy shit this is going to be some sort of epic Kung Fu battle". The backdrop was literally the walls of the Forbidden City. I was picturing that these guys would start doing flips, running up the walls like Crouching Tiger stuff.

Sadly no, they took a couple of wild swings, got into bear hug, rolled around on the ground a bit and that was it.

Back