Anime and Manga v39

Latest One Piece got me hyped.

Kaido and Big Mom making contact.

Marines are in a bind.

CP0-Rob Lucci and Kaku make an appearance.

And Shanks meeting with the Gorosei.

Such a tease to end the chapter on that.

I really liked that one Celestial Dragon that Queen Otohime showed up again and actually turned out to be a decent person now who saved Shirahoshi and wants to help the Fishmen. I'm curious how Lucci and Kako got back into the CP given they were outlaws last we saw them and am curious about both Big Mom and Kaido's connection along with both what the Gorosei want to talk to Shanks about and what kind of replacement plant they have for the Warlords.

Edit: Here's an interesting video about the changes of traditional anime production vs modern and it's really interesting and informative. Also, Escaflowne was GORGEOUS looking and I need to watch it.

Looks pretty fucking cool. Probably no need to worry, but I hope the entire crew from Yu Yu Hakusho make it in along with several others from various other series.
I just want to smash people as this guy:

Looks pretty fucking cool. Probably no need to worry, but I hope the entire crew from Yu Yu Hakusho make it in along with several others from various other series.
The devs basically confirmed some Yu Yu Hakusho will be in it. By confirmed I mean did not deny it.

It's Funny that Goku and the DBZ crew need to be extremely powered down for the purpose of this story.

Ive watched a lot of great anime, nothing comes close.

From sports anime like ippo, slam dunk, ping pong, one outs, to psychological anime like monster, steins gate etc.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm ready to throw hands based on your opinion.

I don't think I have a favorite anime.

Favorite manga is Berserk or Vagabond.

Beserk, Id start and get bored. I know its a good manga but every time I drop ot for some reason. Some of my favorite auteurs regard Beserk as some of their influences and I can see why but I should try again one of these days. Its like Monster in that Id get interested for a little while and just drop it out of the blue.

Inoue might the most talented in terms of his art. I dont think Ive ever seen art as detailed and meticulous, and Ive read Junji Ito is one of my favorites.

I'm going to go there...

Death Note fucking sucks and is trash and only emo grifter edge lords are into it.

Dad doesn't quite get it, but my mom does. She REALLY loves OPM and greatly enjoyed Bahamut with me as well as Western Animated shows like Gravity Falls. Some people just don't appreciate just how amazing animation can be in terms of story telling.

Yea I have no idea why people write them off just because they are cartoons. I mean in a way I get it because western cartoons don't get nearly as detailed but yea.

I really liked that one Celestial Dragon that Queen Otohime showed up again and actually turned out to be a decent person now who saved Shirahoshi and wants to help the Fishmen. I'm curious how Lucci and Kako got back into the CP given they were outlaws last we saw them and am curious about both Big Mom and Kaido's connection along with both what the Gorosei want to talk to Shanks about and what kind of replacement plant they have for the Warlords.

Edit: Here's an interesting video about the changes of traditional anime production vs modern and it's really interesting and informative. Also, Escaflowne was GORGEOUS looking and I need to watch it.

It's been many years since I last saw Escaflowne, but I feel like most of those clips were cherry picked from either the opening sequence or the first episode. From memory, the whole series does not move that well. Still a decently fun watch, but it's no masterpiece.

I'm going to go there...

Death Note fucking sucks and is trash and only emo grifter edge lords are into it.

I loved the first season. Season 2 wasn't nearly as good but still good.

I loved the first season. Season 2 wasn't nearly as good but still good.
I've watched the whole thing start to finish about 3 times. First time I was intrigued going in and annoyed when it was done I wasted my time.

Each subsequent time I've tried to watch it to understand why so many people love it I end hating it more than when I started.

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Outlaw Star are the pinnacle of Anime for me.

You know what holds up extremely well. Akira . Story is all over the place but goddamn it's gorgeous .

You know what holds up extremely well. Akira . Story is all over the place but goddamn it's gorgeous .
I'd have included Trigun in my little list but the anime tone wise bounces around a tad too much for me from slapstick Three Stooges style comedy to Outlaw Josey Wales levels of seriousness.

Back