Congratulations To CM PUNK

For punks next fight they should just pick a random fat man from the crowd, then punk can take him down with his hanging sloth takedown and claim his first victory

Well, your opinion can be disputed with facts as punk was outstruck and countered. How does That win the round? Lol your not giving any evidence. Your purely going off of your biased man crush opinion.

I don't watch WWE and don't follow Punks career. What I said are the facts. I am not the only one in this thread that gave round 1 to Punk. The commentators also suggested that round 1 was close and could have went to Punk because of the take-down.

Most times if a round is close or if someone is slightly losing a round a take-down swings the judges vote in the person favor that managed to get the take-down. This is the way it has been for years inside the UFC, outside a handful of fights.

That take-down made rd 1 hard to score and a case can be made for either fighter winning it. I gave it to punk.

I'd call Mike Jackson am amateur, CM Punk isn't even that ..he is hardly a hobbyist. He mainly trained BJJ before making the decision to fight MMA.

CM Punk looked especially awful for someone who has 3-4 years of dedicated training time in at a top notch MMA gym. He should be striking, grappling and moving much better than what we saw. He just has awful instincts for the striking game in general and his BJJ flailings were like a sad comedy. He had moments where his wrestling looked decent, not good, but not embarrassing - but that was his best area!

If he's going to pursue the MMA game for fun, more power to him, but he clearly lacks the basic instincts and fight IQ of a fighter that's going to go anywhere in the sport. Also, he's old as fuck in fighter years.

Punk managed to win a round vs. a professional fighter and get a couple take-downs. I think all things considered he looked decent in there. Good Job man don't let these haters get to you.

I was hoping he could pull some crazy finish to get the win in the third due to the antics of his opponent and to shut some of the negativity up. Go get yourself a win in a smaller org or talk to Bellator and have them set a fight up with another amateur.

Good luck with your career in what ever road you choose.

Respect.

CM Punk looked especially awful for someone who has 3-4 years of dedicated training time in at a top notch MMA gym. He should be striking, grappling and moving much better than what we saw. He just has awful instincts for the striking game in general and his BJJ flailings were like a sad comedy. He had moments where his wrestling looked decent, not good, but not embarrassing - but that was his best area!

If he's going to pursue the MMA game for fun, more power to him, but he clearly lacks the basic instincts and fight IQ of a fighter that's going to go anywhere in the sport. Also, he's old as fuck in fighter years.

CM Punk is old and likely wasn't training full time for 3 - 4 years. He is very popular and had things like the WWE lawsuit going on. I bet he thought he was putting lots of time in but in reality was only training part-time.

I don't think anyone thought he was going to go somewhere in this sport outside being a popular figure to showcase to increase viewership numbers. While Mike was training and fighting ... CM Punk was playing pretend in WWE. What we seen was a almost complete newbie vs. a seasoned vet with 10 + years experience competing in combat sports.

I don't watch WWE and don't follow Punks career. What I said are the facts. I am not the only one in this thread that gave round 1 to Punk. The commentators also suggested that round 1 was close and could have went to Punk because of the take-down.

Most times if a round is close or if someone is slightly losing a round a take-down swings the judges vote in the person favor that managed to get the take-down. This is the way it has been for years inside the UFC, outside a handful of fights.

That take-down made rd 1 hard to score and a case can be made for either fighter winning it. I gave it to punk.
Good thing you are not a judge.

CM Punk has more more balls than 99% of the Sherdog haters including me.

So you really wouldnt step in the cage for 500k against a mickey mouse like Jackson? Really? I could understand it if your opponent was someone like Overeem etc but Jackson and 500k <Moves>

giphy.gif

I'd love to see Punk return to pro-wrestling where he was actually worth a damn.

I felt BAD watching him fight. I talked shit on him, and yes he didn't deserve to be there, but there is something just pitiful about how he was trying SO hard and just getting toyed with.

In the highlights I saw that Rogan gave him many compliments and then shit on him on his podcast

Mike Jackson had 14 fights and been doing MMA for 10 years. According to the below 5 were Pro fights.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/fighter/Mike-Jackson:14E635540CF056DA

They tend to get a loss or two in ugly fashion sometimes. He showed allot of heart. Lots of others would have welted in the fight and gave up or quite between rounds he didn't. He also reached his goal of fighting in MMA / UFC and won a round from a professional fighter Plus got paid for it. A congratulations can be order in such a circumstance without awarding a participation trophy.
Michael Jackson is a 1-1 pro fighter, you making up lies saying he's had 5 pro fights. And Punk DIDN'T win a round stop pretending he did saying that "you gave him a round" is sadly not reality in real life he lost every round including a 10-8 and jumped on Mike to get cradled like a baby to avoid strikes. You WWE punk fans are some crazy ass spindocters.

None of the 4 guys Jackson beat in pro boxing has won a fight. Jackson isn't a good boxer...he's only good against trashcan's like Punk.

Michael Jackson is a 1-1 pro fighter, you making up lies saying he's had 5 pro fights. And Punk DIDN'T win a round stop pretending he did saying that "you gave him a round" is sadly not reality in real life he lost every round including a 10-8 and jumped on Mike to get cradled like a baby to avoid strikes. You WWE punk fans are some crazy ass spindocters.

I don't watch WWE nor do I follow CM Punks career. I have my own eyes and make my own decisions ( crazy isn't it ) and I gave round 1 to Punk as did some others.

You may want to click that link I provided again as it shows that Michael Jackson does have 5 Pro fights listed on it. Although one of them is disputed. So possibly 4 Pro fights total. Three before facing Punk + all his amateur fights and boxing fights for prior experience. CM Punk had less then 1 round experience in combat sports.

None of the 4 guys Jackson beat in pro boxing has won a fight. Jackson isn't a good boxer...he's only good against trashcan's like Punk.

I never claimed his opponents were good. I just claimed he been training and fighting allot longer then Punk has. He is a seasoned vet. On the other hand we have Punk who had less then one round in combat sports under his belt.

So you really wouldnt step in the cage for 500k against a mickey mouse like Jackson? Really? I could understand it if your opponent was someone like Overeem etc but Jackson and 500k <Moves>

giphy.gif
<GinJuice>
Right all these super weak clowns, I don't train, did some wrestling in high school, rugby in university and been in enough real fights to know how to punch, I'd take 1/10 of cm punk's money and do a 2 week camp and fight Jackson or cm (who I'm pretty sure I'd gnp into a tko). Yet these idiots here think he's got "balls" or it's "courageous" for getting paid to take a mild beating.

The fight looked fine. It wasn't CM Punk clowning around. It didn't look like a professional MMA fight because there was an amateur fighting.

Did you or did you not see the most pathetic guillotine attempt ever?Punk wasn't clowning around on purpose he just looked like a clown getting destroyed by an MMA JOURNALIST.

I disagree, he looked okay to me for someone who does it as a side hobby. He fights like an idiot though, attempts to be flashy all the time even Punk clipped him a few times granted, he rolled with shots. I've boxed for 10 years, it's easy to tell he has basic fundamentals down.

<GinJuice>
Right all these super weak clowns, I don't train, did some wrestling in high school, rugby in university and been in enough real fights to know how to punch, I'd take 1/10 of cm punk's money and do a 2 week camp and fight Jackson or cm (who I'm pretty sure I'd gnp into a tko). Yet these idiots here think he's got "balls" or it's "courageous" for getting paid to take a mild beating.

He went to the hospital afterwards. His beating was a little more then just mild. I am not saying he was courageous, I am saying he is one tough SOB. He could have quite between rounds but didn't. He could of dropped and been TKO'd multiple times in the fight but didn't. He always pushed forward and gave what offense he could.

The guy truly gave his 100 % in that octagon. It does take a certain amount of courage to put it all on the line in front of a live PPV event. Sure he got paid a bunch of money but he was already rich and likely could have found an easier way to make the same amount. But he wanted to test himself in MMA and he did just that.

Did you or did you not see the most pathetic guillotine attempt ever?Punk wasn't clowning around on purpose he just looked like a clown getting destroyed by an MMA JOURNALIST.

I never said Punk was clowning around. I specifically said he wasn't. At least he kept trying. What more do you want the guy to do. He looked better then I thought he would. MMA Journalist can be pro fighters to. Not all Pro-fighters make enough fighting to cover bills.

giphy.gif

You're right I would because I'm broke. If I had money already I wouldn't do it, lol.

Back