support for immigration reaches record high in America

Legal immigration is not the issue. Illegal immigration is the issue. If you are undocumented you don’t belong in the US.
Is this argument for or against reforming policy to make legal immigration more attainable?

But we invite them here by offering them jobs, so I wouldn't imagine the misdemeanor they commit seems like such a major violation from their point of view. Until we stop being complicit people should get off their high horse.

A thought experiment:

Imagine knowing nothing else about a person other than the fact that their foundational act within the nation they are currently in was a violation of that nation's laws.

Would you reasonably expect that person to be a good citizen of that nation?

My answer to that question would be a self evident "No". I'm curious what your response would be?

A thought experiment:

Imagine knowing nothing else about a person other than the fact that their foundational act within the nation they are currently in was a violation of that nation's laws.

Would you reasonably expect that person to be a good citizen of that nation?

My answer to that question would be a self evident "No". I'm curious what your response would be?
Without context my answer is the same. But, obviously, context changes the story.

If there were more pressure for them to integrate and adapt to our culture I would be fine with a good amount of immigration. But too many on the left are determined to accommodate them and pretend that the culture of immigrants is awesome and should be celebrated while denigrating our culture.

Surprised that people think Americans are ok with legal immigration, when in fact, they are really against legal immigration too, especially with IT workers from India and China.

If anyone works in the tech sector, they know some of the best minds come from places in Asia. Most of Amazon's services personal are Filipino and they know their stuff.

Its minor now but eventually we will see a lot of anger toward East Indians.

I am a developer and while I agree that asians are as a whole very good in tech, the top engineers in the world are still mostly white europeans and americans. By top, I mean the ones creating impressive languages and frameworks. Just google top engineers of any high tech company for proof.

The indian developers are collectively the worst. I've worked with dozens of them so I am purely speaking anecdotally of course. As for other ethnic groups, well, they just aren't really represented well in the US.

Dude, I am a developer and while asians are as a whole very good in tech, the top engineers in the world are still mostly white europeans and americans. By top, I mean the ones creating impressive languages and frameworks. Just google top engineers of any high tech company for proof.

The indian developers are collectively the worse. I've worked with dozens of them so I am purely speaking anecdotally of course.
nope, Youtube Nvida ASUS Yahoo had Asians behind them

Your fake poll isn't convincing anyone. If you're going to rely on Gallup polls, these are the statistics we want to see:

placeholder_image.svg

As you can see, Americans have never, ever, ever, ever, ever wanted immigration to increase. That kind of fucks up your narrative, eh? It's also worth noting that Americans overwhelmingly demanded that immigration decrease until Bill Clinton, et seq. got in office. Ever wonder why that is? Could it have something to do with them opening the floodgates of illegal immigration? On that note, is it fair to ask anchor babies if "Americans" oppose immigration? As you can probably tell from the figures above, the traditional American families that built this country probably aren't so happy about their new neighbors.

And LOL @ you celebrating "fallout from Trump's child interment camps" and disparaging "the photo op that was the Singapore summit." Trump is literally establishing world peace. He averted nuclear war by solving a problem that flummoxed every president since the 1950's. Meanwhile, all you do is bitch and complain. Don't think Americans haven't noticed. Your little FBI coup attempt failed, your heroes are going to jail, and soon the Democratic Party will meet once again with the righteous verdict of the American People.

Drink up, Joe. You'll need it.

Lol at world peace.

Nobody in this sounds remotely close to upset but you

Treat him like you would a small dog that barks and foams at the mouth. A pest, a nuisance, and obviously a non threat. Let him have his little snide remarks, his party and his ideas are out for another 7 plus years. They don't matter.

Not sure why people think immigration is bad.
Not sure why people don't see the difference between illegal-immigration and legal-immigration either

I think low skill mass immigration is bad.

I also think high skill targeted immigration is necessary, and highly beneficial.

http://thehill.com/latino/393401-pe...migration-is-a-good-thing-reaches-record-high

Full article at link.

I guess in the coming weeks we'll see what the fallout is from Trump's child interment camps. I expect polls to show that this incident will wipe out any goodwill gained from the photo op that was the Singapore summit.
Ask the same people if they think undocumented illegal immigrants are a "good thing."

Most people are pro immigration. Liberals just like to paint us as racist because we also are pro border control.

Surprised that people think Americans are ok with legal immigration, when in fact, they are really against legal immigration too, especially with IT workers from India and China.

If anyone works in the tech sector, they know some of the best minds come from places in Asia. Most of Amazon's services personal are Filipino and they know their stuff.

Its minor now but eventually we will see a lot of anger toward East Indians.
If someone comes from another country and drives down your wages, like H1B's, there will be resentment and issues of job security.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back