Social Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked to leave restaurant by owner

Should the owner have asked Sanders to leave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You keep making that assertion that it was some sort of plot but you still have provided no proof. Let's see some sources. If true I'll get right in line with you to condemn them. Meantime I call bullshit for the second time.
I posted sources in the other thread, you just didn't like them. Not going to go out of my way a second time. I really don't care, I'm so over this First World bullshit. The West is circling the drain right now, I can't wait to get out...

Came in to post this as well.

Not only are the trumptards ignoring that conservatives have been doing this already, but I couldn't find a thread started where anyone cried about it like the snowflakes in this thread.

I agree, but the left stooping to their level is only going to allow them to double down. Moreover, the left is going to look bad for the next 3 years if they keep this up, and further push people in the middle away. People have short memories with stuff like this, and they will forget how poorly Obama was treated. In consequence, you guys are setting yourself up for another Trump term. You are just adding to the fire, rather than letting it fizzle out.

There are so many people disenfranchised by the political situation in this country, that they love seeing people on either side get rustled and lose their shit. Trump exploits the hell out of that. Just look at how his simple tweets about this situation got both people on the left and right riled up, whether in support of his tweet or ridiculing it.

I posted sources in the other thread, you just didn't like them. Not going to go out of my way a second time. I really don't care, I'm so over this First World bullshit. The West is circling the drain right now, I can't wait to get out...

Yikes. What do you have against the West?

Came in to post this as well.

Not only are the trumptards ignoring that conservatives have been doing this already, but I couldn't find a thread started where anyone cried about it like the snowflakes in this thread.
Thanks for the story, but the circumstances are a bit different, no? Sarah just came in as a normal customer, she didn't raise a big stink or anything. Biden's team came into the bakery hoping for a photo opportunity while campaigning. Agreeing could possibly imply that you support them politically. Serving Sanders does not. FWIW, I voted for Obama/Biden (in 2008 at least) and not for Romney or Trump. I'm just looking at the facts and trying to judge objectively. If I had been the restaurant owner or the baker I would have served both.

Yikes. What do you have against the West?

Too much partisan bullshit, hypersensitivity, all the signs of an empire coming to an end. I feel like the future of civilization is in the East...

Too much partisan bullshit, hypersensitivity, all the signs of an empire coming to an end. I feel like the future of civilization is in the East...

I think that the East can close the gap just because it's much easier to grow when you're not on the frontier.

I think it's pretty surprising how many Americans were manipulated into supporting someone like Trump/hating someone like Clinton, but note that it's really only happened once here, while it's pretty normal in most countries. And we're seeing a large backlash.

Thanks for the story, but the circumstances are a bit different, no? Sarah just came in as a normal customer, she didn't raise a big stink or anything. Biden's team came into the bakery hoping for a photo opportunity while campaigning. Agreeing could possibly imply that you support them politically. Serving Sanders does not. FWIW, I voted for Obama/Biden (in 2008 at least) and not for Romney or Trump. I'm just looking at the facts and trying to judge objectively. If I had been the restaurant owner or the baker I would have served both.

My issue with this is that she constantly, aggressively lies to the American people. Should she just get a pass because she has a political job? I don't advocate refusing to deal with her, but I don't condemn it either. Biden obviously is not comparable.

I think that the East can close the gap just because it's much easier to grow when you're not on the frontier.

I think it's pretty surprising how many Americans were manipulated into supporting someone like Trump/hating someone like Clinton, but note that it's really only happened once here, while it's pretty normal in most countries. And we're seeing a large backlash.

My issue with this is that she constantly, aggressively lies to the American people. Should she just get a pass because she has a political job? I don't advocate refusing to deal with her, but I don't condemn it either. Biden obviously is not comparable.

I think you faulting her and calling her an aggressive liar, while at the same time not realizing how people can hate Hillary is highlighting what @Jackie Blue was saying about partisan bullshit and hypersensitivity. I could be wrong tho.

Let's keep in mind that the Clinton's have been getting shat on for decades. *insert weekend update compilation from the 90's of jokes bashing the Clintons*

Trump is a LARGE part of my dissatisfaction with the West (as is the aspect of the modern left which led to his rise). However, unlike some, I don't transfer that anger towards Sarah because I understand what her position is. Trump puts her in a horrible position because he tells her to lie about almost everything in about ten different directions. It's a thankless job, but somebody has to do it. It's far from admirable, but she does it well, for better or worse. Trump lies more than other politicians lie, but ALL politicians lie, and ALL press secretaries lie on their behalf. It comes with the job description.

But he didn't just simply say "no thanks, no photo ops here" and be done. He was paraded around by the GOP at rallies and cheered wildly.

I apologize for the source here, couldn't find a stand alone video of the guy at the rally.

I think you faulting her and calling her an aggressive liar, while at the same time not realizing how people can hate Hillary is highlighting what @Jackie Blue was saying about partisan bullshit and hypersensitivity. I could be wrong tho.

Not everything is symmetrical. Sanders objectively is an aggressive liar. You can disagree with Clinton's policy ideas, but you can't deny that she's a fundamentally honest and decent human being.

Trump is a LARGE part of my dissatisfaction with the West (as is the aspect of the modern left which led to his rise). However, unlike some, I don't transfer that anger towards Sarah because I understand what her position is. Trump puts her in a horrible position because he tells her to lie about almost everything in about ten different directions. It's a thankless job, but somebody has to do it. It's far from admirable, but she does it well, for better or worse. Trump lies more than other politicians lie, but ALL politicians lie, and ALL press secretaries lie on their behalf. It comes with the job description.

The job is to get the administration's message out. That has not previously entailed lying. It does entail spinning, and in the process of spinning, they can sometimes go too far and make an actual false statement, and when that happens, the reaction has generally been (rightful) outrage. In the case of Sanders, it's just constant outright lying, and people are understandably more upset about it than they are about normal spin. There should be a bipartisan consensus that lying is bad and that people who regularly lie are unworthy of respect.

Anyway, the West is still better than the rest of the world on this score. Granted that Trump is an embarrassment.

WTF? Get out? Where the fuck are you going to go? When western values die in the US. That's it. There will be nowhere else.

<30><36>

This is absolutely unreal. Please never stop.

Yeah, this is what I mean. A lot of Americans are extremely easy to manipulate.

Greoric is the guy who thinks that everyone who believes that the gov't should exist is a psychopath, but himself advocates murdering his political opponents (gotta get those darned psychopaths!).

But he didn't just simply say "no thanks, no photo ops here" and be done. He was paraded around by the GOP at rallies and cheered wildly.

I apologize for the source here, couldn't find a stand alone video of the guy at the rally.

I wasn't speaking about on his end, but thanks for that info. But basically, if Sanders had gone into the restaurant and asked for some sort of photo op, or asked them to write a pro-Trump message on a cake she had ordered or some other bullshit like that, I would feel differently. I still support the restaurant's right to refuse service, but I also think it's bullshit and sets a bad precedent. And the left aren't going to like it at all when it happens to them, especially if it's a racial or sexual minority.

That's rotten. The ugliest people of all are those who have called in death threats. There is nothing so disproportionate.

But that's the fringe now provoked. This lady was the president of a downtown business council. She ran a popular restaurant. She was at work. The Red Hen represents Main Street.

WTF? Get out? Where the fuck are you going to go? When western values die in the US. That's it. There will be nowhere else.
I don't necessarily need Western values, just somewhere comfortable. A lot of Westerners are expats for a reason.

Back