Number one fight you wish had a different outcome?

4.gif

If only Fedor had finished him like DC did.
Ah well,

xMv1lEy.png
To real fans of the sport tho, they knew Fedor was slipping even before he Hunt fight. He had just lost a step in both his speed and grappling. What was shocking was that he continued dominantly such a long time afterwards. As soon as he became solely a head hunter, half his potency just disappeared. The reality is that even the best fighters will have only about half a decade on the top before slipping, especially at heavyweight. Cain has like half the fights in his whole career as Fedor did in his streak, but Zuffabots and UFC shills will discredit even that and say Cain is better.

Overeem vs Stipe. He got so close to adding a UFC title to his list of accomplishments. But after his last 2 fights it doesn’t seem like it will ever happen.

I don't even like Cro Cop but Gonzaga/Cro Cop changed and ruined the UFC HW landscape for years.

Also hendrix vs gsp. Georges nut huggers know who won and it would have been nice to finally stamp him out of the GOAT talk. It's JBJ or Spider. No exceptions
JBJ is imo the goat fighter(peds or not), but testing positive twice tarnished his legacy in the minds of many. There's a reason why they strip olympic gold medals from those who test positive.

rampage/forrest or cro cop/gonzaga. forrest and gonzaga ruined everything.<DCrying>

Vitor snapping jones arm, Cruz beating garbrandt, dc beating jones the second time

Bisping vs GSP
Machida vs Jones
Gus vs Jones
JJ vs Rose 2
Super Boy vs Cub
Rory vs Lawler
WB vs Tyrone *2
Holly vs Cryroid
Holly vs Taint
KZ vs Aldo

Dang I could keep going hahahahaha

Lesnar v Carwin..........I thought Carwin had him but then he gassed badly

Mcgregor-Floyd. I’m not that big of a conor fan but the meltdown from the boxing community would’ve been hilarious

Shogun vs Machida I or Shogun vs Hendo I

Shogun beat Machids 4-1 and should've had a draw with Hendo

JDS vs Cain 2.

We could've seen an incredible run with a healthy JDS at the top, but Cain ruined him, then proceeded to break into a million pieces like humpty dumpty. HW was a mess for years until Stipe.

I quit training after both Bisping and Joanna lost on the same night, I was so devastated. I still haven't watched JJ vs Rose 2 yet because I know she loses again and I seriously can't handle it

So I was re-watching the UFC 100 greatest fights boxset, and it got me thinking of how many close fights I wish ended differently, or fights where I really liked both guys so I hoped for a draw more than anything.

My pick would have to be Rampage vs Hendo. With all his accolades Hendo never got that ufc title. Getting the UFC LHW belt and unifying it with the pride belt would have been huge. My second choice is Nog vs Mir 2. One of the few fights where I was legit angry at the outcome. Got up and punched my chair in rage when he snapped Nogs arm out of nowhere. Was pissed off at Herb Dean for some time after that one.

What are yours?

Jackson vs Chuck
Chuck vs rashad

Most of the end of chucks career really .

Jose vs conor.

And I believe if Jose had not fought like a fool rushing in, winging shots with his chin high, that he would have won.

Every Nick Diaz fight he ever lost... Oh, number one? Nick vs GSP. That would have totally changed the trajectory of the division, Nick's career and GSP's too. He'd be one of the few fighters to have worn a Strikeforce & UFC belt. He got so close too. Ahhh, what could have been...

Jackson vs Chuck
Chuck vs rashad

Most of the end of chucks career really .
Was never a big Chuck fan, but man that slide hurt to watch. Like I said going through the ufc greatest fight collection the last few days, and it's amazing to see his speed, power, determination, and sheer ferocity in his prime. Guy was a goddamn animal.

Anyone that started watching after 2006 should really check out Chuck in his prime. His fights in the pride GP were savage as fuck too. Nothing but respect for that guy. That was the true golden age of mma imo.

Back