The Official Fifa World Cup thread v14: ENGLAND V SWEDEN Match Edition

Who goes through, England or Sweden?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mature performance by a young England side. Looking good.

Tony Adams: "I'm really worried about these Tottenham players at the World Cup. I don't think they know how to win.”

Remind me, which club has scored most goals this WC?

West Ham won the World Cup in '66, Spuds have only took England to the semi final.

West Ham are wrought with tossers and twats. Fuck off back to 1966. COYS

79bd00c9e1ab7e30242bc47c25689e91.jpg

On my sixth peroni I’m fucked

You are getting more and more delicious. I have been observing your existence for quite some time Miss Frenz

The """""""English"""""""" played a pretty good game there.

Some bad play in front of the goal after getting up 2-0, however.

England-France final confirmed
Crotia will be a tough match. If Rakitic picks up a yellow card against Russia he'll be suspended for the semi. Quite a few of the Croatian players are a yellow card away from missing the semi final.

Hopefully it will be Croatia in the semi final, otherwise the England players are going to come down with novichok poisoning before the game. :eek:

The "golden generation" wouldn't even be able to achieve that... They'd get kicked out in the group or finish 2nd and then get tossed out. They would never reach this far.

Honestly though I'v never really got the negative about quality in this team, I mean no there isn't perhaps someone in the running for the Ballon D Or but how many of that team would sell for under £30 million?

As far as the Sweds go generally what was expected but you have to say they steped up for the chances they did get, only really had three of them in the entire match and all Pickford needed to save well. When someone is taking chances as well as that your always going to be tested well regardless of any gulf in quality.

Harry Kane leading the golden boot race by 2, after putting in a shift. LAD

p06cshs1.jpg

Sterling I'm a bit inbetween on, certainly his best performance in a major championships for England and did make the big chance for himself with that touch yet ultimately did still lack a cool head at the big moments.

If England are to beat big opposition I think the chance conversion rate needs to improve.

England vs Croatia will be fun game. Croatia would win but you never know. Wouldn't mind seeing England in final. They did invent the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back