Northrop Grumman Engineer Fired over participation in Charlottesville Rally

Most people in the US support same-sex marriage. What is right now a healthy majority will turn into a landslide once the old geezers who oppose it die off.

Abortion is a trickier issue since it's not necessarily a yes/no question.

Also support for gay marriage has expanded in recent decades. Despite decades since Roe. The level of support for the sanctity of life has remained roughly the same.

I agree, but at least the other side kind of does things based on self-interest while the other just puts up with it for the carrot of kulturekrieg.

Perhaps, and I'd offer the self interest in the political sense offers no better of an outcome than you'd speculate for conservatives' naivete. Afterall, Tocqueville called it centuries ago, "The American republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." The rate of decline gets steeper as the average IQ of a population falls.

There are about 14 million Jews in the world. Shut the fuck up.

Or tell us more about the reason why so many black men appear in movies is because women fantasize about their big dicks. This was literally something you posted.

You'd think the retards ITT ought to learn to pick their battles. Screw that, let's fall on our swords for a white supremacist!
Facts shouldn't make you so defensive. They, Hollywood generally, keep remaking movies with white male leads replaced.. They have the exact same name, so when I search "Ghostbusters" on my tv now, I get the remake only lol. 'Overboard' just came out, and that makes like the 10th one.

So you're in for just game on? OK, we can all just follow our coworkers around and report what they're doing. She's cheating on her husband, so she's gone, that guy went to a strip club, he's gone, I saw that guy buying drugs, he's a goner too, cause we can't have the company associating with that kind of behavior. Unless you're ready to demand an absolute moral behavior from everyone at all times in all of society and demand that everyone hold the same views, you might want to be careful with this one.

I think this requires an extrapolation of your already applied skill set to appreciate the way things are, instead of what leftist's do and only dream about what they want the world to be. The fact is, we are in a time where our privacy is being lost, whether we like it or not.

With that less than ideal situation being the case as it is, yes, I'll stand firm at your right for you, and anyone else, to have the freedom of association.

Perhaps, and I'd offer the self interest in the political sense offers no better of an outcome than you'd speculate for conservatives' naivete. Afterall, Tocqueville called it centuries ago, "The American republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." The rate of decline gets steeper as the average IQ of a population falls.

The US and specially US conservatives shouldnt be lecturing anyone about the benefits of fiscal moderation.

I know I am derailing my own thread by asking you about this but what are your thoughts about the Flynn Effect?

The US and specially US conservatives shouldnt be lecturing anyone about the benefits of fiscal moderation.

Hah Yes! Conservatives, as far as I'm concerned, are just progressives following the speed limit.

leftist circle jerk thread. Lets persecute our most intelligent people because they lean right [to add leverage to the right hook they are throwing while beating up opponents at a Nazi rally] ... Great idea.

Why not just hand over the keys to fort knox to China and expedite the whole thing.

Fixed for you.

Most people in the US support same-sex marriage. What is right now a healthy majority will turn into a landslide once the old geezers who oppose it die off.

Abortion is a trickier issue since it's not necessarily a yes/no question.

Sure, maybe.

I've seen a lot of polls that say you are correct. But several times when it's been put to a vote it has failed. I think with touchy issues like this, in which one side is stigmatized as bigoted, people may assent to avoid an argument until they are given a real choice. If left to the voters, it's unlikely gay marriage would be legal in California.

I know I am derailing my own thread by asking you about this but what are your thoughts about the Flynn Effect?

It's a very interesting phenomenon, especially as to it's cause, although seems to be leveling off now. What can't go on forever, won't as it's said.

Hah Yes! Conservatives, as far as I'm concerned, are just progressives following the speed limit.

Well, the thing about welfare states is that there is a balance between how much people like free shit and how much people hate paying taxes.

Well, the thing about welfare states is that there is a balance between how much people like free shit and how much people hate paying taxes.

Absolutely, wherein any initiation of that bribe just establishes a precedent for more free shit, along with more debt and taxes to follow suit.... before inevitable bust. The cycle of democracies.

Hence, why I'm all in favor for open borders (low IQs and all)... under two conditions. No welfare state, and you can only vote if you're a net payer.

Sure, maybe.

I've seen a lot of polls that say you are correct. But several times when it's been put to a vote it has failed. I think with touchy issues like this, in which one side is stigmatized as bigoted, people may assent to avoid an argument until they are given a real choice. If left to the voters, it's unlikely gay marriage would be legal in California.
This is ludicrous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_California#Public_opinion

It's a very interesting phenomenon, especially as to it's cause, although seems to be leveling off now. What can't go on forever, won't as it's said.

I just have a hard time reconciling the belief that it is difficult to change IQ through environmental factors and the notion IQ points have gone up.
I don't have any desire to study the issue in depth enough to really get an answer but Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson make the argument that IQ is largely inherited. A proposition that is easily observable. All their critiques point to the Flynn effect as a rebuttal. I just have a hard time accepting that your average 19th century man was functionally retarded. That does not feel right. I know this isn't good evidence but have you ever seen civil war letters. Those were regular guys and they would write beautiful letters home. Letters that no one with a 70 iq could write. I just don't understand how they are gauging this.

I just have a hard time reconciling the belief that it is difficult to change IQ through environmental factors and the notion IQ points have gone up.
I don't have any desire to study the issue in depth enough to really get an answer but Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson make the argument that IQ is largely inherited. A proposition that is easily observable. All their critiques point to the Flynn effect as a rebuttal. I just have a hard time accepting that your average 19th century man was functionally retarded. That does not feel right. I know this isn't good evidence but have you ever seen civil war letters. Those were regular guys and they would write beautiful letters home. Letters that no one with a 70 iq could right. I just don't understand how they are gauging this.

Yeah the particularly interesting part about the effect is that its not even the literacy parts of an IQ test, unless you're taking a Raven's Progressive Matrices test, that can be improved with practice. It's the areas like mathematical reasoning that allegedly can't be.

Did you read the timeline underneath the polls? When people in California were allowed to vote on the issue of gay marriage, they opposed it. Once it was imposed by the courts, they accepted it. That's the opposite of the dynamic he was describing, which is why I called it ironic.
I'm not debating how this public support came to be. Just that it has. If it was left up to popular vote right now, it would pass.

You said people on the left are worried about Obergefell being overturned because it wouldn't win if it came to public opinion. Which makes zero sense if over 60% of the population supports it (and if the left is aware of it, which they are). Closer to 80% when it comes to people under 30 years.

I'm not debating how this public support came to be. Just that it has. If it was left up to popular vote right now, it would pass.

You said people on the left are worried about Obergefell being overturned because it wouldn't win if it came to public opinion. Which makes zero sense if over 60% of the population supports it (and if the left is aware of it, which they are). Closer to 80% when it comes to people under 30 years.

Obergefell is not on the hatchet block imo. This is why most of the opposition behind Obergefell is based on the Court making up a right that does not exist at the time of the 14th's ratification. Yes there are a lot of christians out there that are anti gay marriage but gay marriage does not bring the same visceral disgust as proclaiming that you have a right to poison babies. I don't think the SUpreme Court is going to want to expend the capital politically to overturn that one when there is so much more to do. Notice the Supreme Court only releases a handful of controversial opinions a year. Really only 1-2 really controversial and important cases a year.

You said people on the left are worried about Obergefell being overturned because it wouldn't win if it came to public opinion.
No, what I said was this:
The reason many on the left are terrified of Roe vs Wade or Obergefell being overturned is they aren't confident in what the populace would decide if it were voted on.
Emphasis added.

And this was in the context of a poster claiming that the Right doesn't think they can enforce their agenda legislatively and so want to enforce it through the courts on issues like abortion and gay marriage. The irony I was pointing out was that the Right seems to want to tackle these two issues legislatively and the left wants them enforced by the courts.

Back