HOA Nazis Hate America

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
I’m glad I live in a planned community with an HOA. It keeps my neighborhood from looking trashy and hopefully keeps the riff-raff out. I don’t mind paying extra for that. If you don’t like having an HOA, I have no issues with that either. We’ll just agree to live in different neighborhoods/areas.
I don’t mind my HOA. It’s the inconsistency that pisses me off

I don’t mind my HOA. It’s the inconsistency that pisses me off

This is precisely why some HOAs do not take exceptions for something like a small American flag. If it's against the HOA restrictions, they need to enforce. Otherwise, you have everyone who violates bitching about others who did not get violations.

In my state, that is a viable defense. I had to be an expert witness in a violation of covenants court case. One of the defenses was that the majority of others in the subdivision had violations.

This is precisely why some HOAs do not take exceptions for something like a small American flag. If it's against the HOA restrictions, they need to enforce. Otherwise, you have everyone who violates bitching about others who did not get violations.

In my state, that is a viable defense. I had to be an expert witness in a violation of covenants court case. One of the defenses was that the majority of others in the subdivision had violations.
I don’t understand how some get away with numerous violations but other just keep doing the same bullshit over and over again.

My girlfriends dad is on the HOA board in his neighborhood except it's a shitty low income type neighborhood. He's not the type to walk around and worry about whether you have a flag outside or whatever. He's mainly concerned with poor people doing poor people shit (which is inevitable in a poor neighborhood).

Anyway, the HOA has completely taken over his life. He's obsessed with it and it's almost all he ever talks about. I've never lived in an neighborhood with an HOA so for me it's an afterthought but for people on the board, it's their life.

See, in England we don't have housing associations, we have a society instead and it achieves exactly the same thing through being polite.

Would you like it if most of the homes in your association were flying a Mexican flag?

If its in the US, so long as its flying UNDER the US flag nobody should have a problem with it. Following proper flag customs (laws? Etiquette?) can go a long way towards not pissing people off.

I live in a HOA and I wish the hell someone would tell me I couldn’t fly my home flag on my porch.

Never lived under an HOA. Not planning on it, either. I hate those stupid cookie cutter no sideyard havin' neighborhoods. I will continue to live out in the sticks.

I'm surprised they objected to a miniature flag, but on general principle they are entirely correct.

Would you like it if most of the homes in your association were flying a Mexican flag?
Why would I care about that all?

lol @ me potentially spending a million dollars for a house/property, only to have to some jackoff tell me what i can and cannot do on my property.
thanks, but no thanks. i'll pass on the HOA.

Pro Tip: Don't move into a neighborhood with a strict HOA if you don't want to deal with a strict HOA.

I saw a sticker on a street light that said Nazis get to fuck. I was confused. Did it mean nazis go away, or was it put there by a Nazi bragging that he was allowed to have sex.

lol

th

For every story of a power tripping HOA that nitpicks the dimensions of someone's shrubs or flag etiquette or whatever, there are a million homeowners like me who WISH that they had recourse against hillbilly neighbors who have knee high weeds for a yard, with rusted out swingsets and old cars and boats with tarps over them laying around everywhere. Double edged sword.

Sucks but it seems like he was a fan of the HOA until they applied the rules to him.

Also, they allow flags on a pole but not in a flower pot. Seems like a dumb distinction to me but it complete nullifies any argument about his patriotic need to fly the flag. He could have just flown the flag in a way that aligns with his HOA req's.

In the end, it seems like he picked a fight he couldn't win. Who the hell takes this all the way up the court system?

I'm pretty sure there was a Frasier episode about this... The neighbour was flying an American flag over his balcony, actually blocking Frasier's balcony, and though it was against the rules, everyone sided against Frasier because it was an American flag. Seeing as this is a show based in Seattle, and the premise was based around peoples' unwavering support of flying an American flag, even if it was against the rules, it says a lot about how times have changed. In Seattle, these days, a show attempting a premise like that would probably more accurately have people tearing the flag down as a hate symbol.

I’m glad I live in a planned community with an HOA. It keeps my neighborhood from looking trashy and hopefully keeps the riff-raff out. I don’t mind paying extra for that. If you don’t like having an HOA, I have no issues with that either. We’ll just agree to live in different neighborhoods/areas.
I agree with this. I have lived in a home without them now with them. I'll take the one with the how. My neighborhood stays a lot nicer and it even pays for an awesome clubhouse. Smh at you poor war room folk.

Back