Germans want Donald Trump to pull US troops out of Germany

Well, we got the national and international stability we elected.

Good job, American voters!

i'm also 100% for dissolving NATO...

the countries that actually have threats already meet their requirements and continue their solid relations w/ the US...they'll be fine (Poland, Slovakia, etc...)

everyone else? that's their problem. If they had better Navies/Coast Guards this whole refugee thing likely wouldn't even have happened....just saying

Well I think you're just 100% wrong.

We defeated the Nazis and the Soviets to control the world and it's our job to protect it or else our ancestors effort was a total waste.

Have you ever thought that the fact we try to control the world is why a lot of people don't like us?
There is a reason 9/11 did not happen in Japan.
And what has it gotten us. Overthrow Saddam got us ISIS and the Syrian war.
Overthrow Gaddafi and the rest of Northern Africa (I believe we helped fan the Arab Spring) and we got the Muslim Brotherhood.
How often has our interventionism been a net gain for the U.S.?

I'm for it. In fact, I'm for dissolving NATO, let those freeloaders worry about their own defense. They can't even come up with their minimum dues.
Imagine the money we would save if we told our "friends" in Europe that they are on their own and closed up shop.
you do realize the only time article 5 has been enacted was after 9/11 when everyone committed to helping the US? Also it isn't (not paying their dues), it's a percentage of the GDP (2%) contributed to their own national defense.
So while some of the nations haven't been meeting the military spending, they have helped and in some cases spilled blood to help the US.

1) your not wanted
2) they dont like you and if war did break out they are ungrateful. So americans die to save germans who largely mock US
3) it costs you tons of money
4) EU building its own army
5) Germans pay under fair share in nato anf get idiot Americans to protect them from "Russia" lol snd germans spend money on social welfsre for themselves and live happier lives. While US does oppsite and spends more on militsry and bombs and foreign bases and military policing of world than its own citizens.

1) Don't give a shit.

2) Germans don't like Trump, they don't have a problem with Americans.

3) We'd be wasting it somewhere else less useful, I'm sure.

4) ETA? I'm not holding my breath. Let's see if they can keep that shit on the train tracks first.

5) We aren't there just for Russia. We're there so we can react quickly to crisis events around the world, not just in Europe, and not just military crisis. Our military is very active in search and rescue and disaster relief all over the world and the German bases play a major role in all of those types of operations.

The problem is Germany is going to be a Muslim state within 20 years and likely will go through a period of Balkanization fairly soon. Pulling out our troops in 15 years while a civil war is going on is going to be much more problematic. And it will be needed unless we want to embroil ourselves into a conflict that will likely include much of western europe.
For someone so educated, you sure believe some really stupid things.

I sincerely hope this is a lark.

When I was a kid in Germany US bases were the tits. We'd always hit them up whenever we were travelling. Them PX's always had the best shit. I'd get all my GI Joes there. American Pogs were totally unlike anything I'd ever seen before. I remember getting Batman Pogs, and a slammer shaped like the Bat logo. Magical shit bro

you do realize the only time article 5 has been enacted was after 9/11 when everyone committed to helping the US? Also it isn't (not paying their dues), it's a percentage of the GDP (2%) contributed to their own national defense.
So while some of the nations haven't been meeting the military spending, they have helped and in some cases spilled blood to help the US.
Not enough. We don't really need them though. They need us. They have been living under our umbrella for what, 70 years now?
NATO is a cold war relic that is nothing more than a fiscal burden at this point.

Have you ever thought that the fact we try to control the world is why a lot of people don't like us?
Overthrow Gaddafi and the rest of Northern Africa (I believe we helped fan the Arab Spring) and we got the Muslim Brotherhood.
well that, and we just run shit. People hate the Yankees if you feel me, nobody hated the Montreal Expos.....or the San Diego Chargers b/c they never did anything

It's been a net gain for the MIC and other corporate interests, clearly, but i'm sure that's not what you're getting at.
Arguably, not a single Humanitarian or Military Intervention would help the US as a net gain in any form whatsoever. We didn't get shit outta helping the Malaysian flood/tsunami, that earthquake in Nepal, etc.....yet we still do those too.

I'm actually more down for a more isolationist policy as it seems you may be, but apparently that's just not realistic after WWI with our specific economy and Globalism spreading among Industrialized nations. Even if we're not there militarily or whatever, our Fast Food places, movies/music/tv shows, technology, etc.. all are. There has never, and it's not even remotely close, been a country as Globally dominant as the US currently is. It's unprecedented really.

Look at the world before 1950. Look at the world today.

Birth rates are up, infant mortality is down, life expectency is up, gdp has grown virtually everywhere. The benefit of American intervention is obvious.

What about when non-intervention goes bad? What happens if we didn't intervene in WW1 or WW2? Look what happened in WW2 because we sat on the sidelines for so long.

His clones live on in Brazil

Think again..

<TrumpWrong1>

tumblr_n3pw01x6011rti868o2_r1_500.gif

i'm also 100% for dissolving NATO...

the countries that actually have threats already meet their requirements and continue their solid relations w/ the US...they'll be fine (Poland, Slovakia, etc...)

everyone else? that's their problem. If they had better Navies/Coast Guards this whole refugee thing likely wouldn't even have happened....just saying

NATO had a good run, but it's simply doesn't make much sense since the victory in the Cold War. It's a defensive alliance but there's no external threat that defines it. At this point NATO might be doing more harm than good for both the US and Europe.

We need bases in Germany to better react to problems we create around the world. if we got rid of those bases, we'd have to seriously cut back on the amount of shit we instigate, and thats 'Bad For Business'

NATO had a good run, but it's simply doesn't make much sense since the victory in the Cold War. It's a defensive alliance but there's no external threat that defines it. At this point NATO might be doing more harm than good for both the US and Europe.
tbh i'm not big on most of the INTL alliances, mainly b/c the US doesn't get much if anything out of it

I was in Afghanistan, thanks for the like ten Singaporans we had on our base, but i'm fairly positive we'd have gotten along fine w/o them if you catch my drift....

If we pull out of any of them....(IMF/UN/NATO/World Bank/etc...) it's a wrap for that entity. Like I don't know, the League of Nations for reference. Or when the UN security council denied us going to Iraq, we went anyway and they did jack and shit and tucked tail b/c they can't actually do anything

Back