Germans want Donald Trump to pull US troops out of Germany

That's fine, if that's your view then it at least has some consistency to it. I personally think Trump is being a hypocrite about the whole thing with wanting to increase military spending and the build up, but wants to eliminate the bases. That means the US would need to decrease manpower because that's a lot of people you are bringing home. What are we going to do just have an additional 450,000 troops just sitting around? Overseas forces comprise approximately 34% of our military force of 1.3 million.
LOL, put them on the border.
When I voted America first, I meant it. NATO is dead weight.

getting rid of nato would be the greatest victory Russia has had since ww2. What a shocker trump is doing everything he can to destabilize it.

LOL, put them on the border.
When I voted America first, I meant it. NATO is dead weight.
you do realize that a very small proportion of the illegals come across the Mexican border, over half come by plane alone, then you have boat, student visas, temporary work visas, tourist visas....etc.....

anyway, nice talking to you. Done with this conversation.

That guy puts out a lot of good videos but there he'll also point out that change in bombing strategy was a major turning point in the Battle of Britain.

It would have been possible for Germany to at least subdue Britain if they kept targeting airfields instead of cities, but a naval invasion was of course incredibly unlikely still.

Ultimately, you can't take raw data so seriously in something as complex as a global war. On paper, the French should have put up an incredible fight against the Germans, but they didn't. There is way more to consider than just the data.

They misjudged data. They thought Britain had a lot less left than they did and acted on that false data. Where does it say it was a major turning point? I think it said it only made them lose slower and is less significant than people think.

2:30 in the video

you do realize that a very small proportion of the illegals come across the Mexican border, over half come by plane alone, then you have boat, student visas, temporary work visas, tourist visas....etc.....

anyway, nice talking to you. Done with this conversation.
It was a mainly facetious remark, hence the "LOL". No need to be upset.

All I can think of when I think of the French in WWII is the bit with The Rock making fun of a French stable of guys by saying they'd offer Saddam Hussein creme brulee and apologizing.

The French had a larger army and air force compared to the Germans, or at least equal. They had good equipment and were mostly well supplied.

The Maginot line was actually basically impenetrable. The French tanks in 1940 were also mostly superior to the German tanks and they also had more of them, they just used them improperly.

It was a mainly facetious remark, hence the "LOL". No need to be upset.
not upset, said what I needed to say, heard your responses and like all things the conversation ran its course. hence the "nice talking to you". If I was bothered by it I'd have said "piss off" or something equally pleasant.

The French had a larger army and air force compared to the Germans, or at least equal. They had good equipment and were mostly well supplied.

The Maginot line was actually basically impenetrable. The French tanks in 1940 were also mostly superior to the German tanks and they also had more of them, they just used them improperly.
It should also be noted that France was still recovering from a population depletion as a result of WW I, so basically they didn't have enough men.

Add to the fact that people tend to overlook that the Germans put radios in their tanks. The fact that they could coordinate their armor quicker and more efficiently than the French made a huge difference.
I also think the French suffered from the delusion that they didn't think Germany would dare do it again after what everyone suffered from the first war and the fact that France still considered themselves to be a military powerhouse.

not upset, said what I needed to say, heard your responses and like all things the conversation ran its course. hence the "nice talking to you". If I was bothered by it I'd have said "piss off" or something equally pleasant.
:cool:

If you say so.
I do. KSM and other leadership had to be killed or captured, the AQ camps had to go. That country was and is a basically lawless shit-hole.

Pakistan is reaping the wind now; they had UBL hiding in plain sight, and currently they have a Taliban problem.

There's good reason they haven't managed another attack on our soil. It was in our national interests to find and kill UBL, regardless of territory.

They misjudged data. They thought Britain had a lot less left than they did and acted on that false data. Where does it say it was a major turning point? I think it said it only made them lose slower.

I'm not sure if it's in that video specifically, but I've heard it from him before.

This is the story I've heard from various sources.

The RAF was actually a few months or even a few weeks from being nearly unable to function due to being constantly targeted by German bombers. One lone German bomber got isolated and off course and dropped his bombs where he was before turning back to Germany. It turns out that he dropped them on a suburb of London.

In retaliation the Allies targeted Berlin and this was a huge propaganda blow to Hitler at the time, so he changed his bombing strategy to do the same when the RAF was actually on its last leg. The change in strategy gave the Brits time to repair their airfields and rest their flight crews to more effectively counter German operations against their population centers.

Now, I'm not one of those Germany could have won guys, but I'm not one of those new "germany sux lol" contradictory guys either. Sea Lion was obviously a fantasy, but defeating the RAF, at least temporarily, was a very real possibility, and who know what could have happened then?

I'm not sure if it's in that video specifically, but I've heard it from him before.

This is the story I've heard from various sources.

The RAF was actually a few months or even a few weeks from being nearly unable to function due to being constantly targeted by German bombers. One lone German bomber got isolated and off course and dropped his bombs where he was before turning back to Germany. It turns out that he dropped them on a suburb of London.

In retaliation the Allies targeted Berlin and this was a huge propaganda blow to Hitler at the time, so he changed his bombing strategy to do the same when the RAF was actually on its last leg. The change in strategy gave the Brits time to repair their airfields and rest their flight crews to more effectively counter German operations against their population centers.

Now, I'm not one of those Germany could have won guys, but I'm not one of those new "germany sux lol" contradictory guys either. Sea Lion was obviously a fantasy, but defeating the RAF, at least temporarily, was a very real possibility, and who know what could have happened then?

Well he is quoting the Cambridge History of WW2 which explicitly says what you claim was overblown/overrated. He debunks the myth in the video I showed and you said otherwise. Nope.

Issue being played up for political purposes. I doubt the vast majority of Germans actually give a shit

It should also be noted that France was still recovering from a population depletion as a result of WW I, so basically they didn't have enough men.

Add to the fact that people tend to overlook that the Germans put radios in their tanks. The fact that they could coordinate their armor quicker and more efficiently than the French made a huge difference.
I also think the French suffered from the delusion that they didn't think Germany would dare do it again after what everyone suffered from the first war and the fact that France still considered themselves to be a military powerhouse.

That's sort of why France has gotten so much shit.

They really should have performed better during the war based on what they had available to them.

That's sort of why France has gotten so much shit.

They really should have performed better during the war based on what they had available to them.
True, they should have but there are reasons why they failed as badly as they did.

The fact that a good portion of the country basically rolled over after the Germans took over and the establishment of the Vichy government didn't help matters.

True, they should have but there are reasons why they failed as badly as they did.

The fact that a good portion of the country basically rolled over after the Germans took over and the establishment of the Vichy government didn't help matters.

Well, they all basically rolled over when they crossed through Belgium. Even though it happened in the last war they still made pretend it wasn't going to happen again.

A huge strategic mistake.

I do. KSM and other leadership had to be killed or captured, the AQ camps had to go. That country was and is a basically lawless shit-hole.

Pakistan is reaping the wind now; they had UBL hiding in plain sight, and currently they have a Taliban problem.

There's good reason they haven't managed another attack on our soil. It was in our national interests to find and kill UBL, regardless of territory.

I'll take my chances.

Well he is quoting the Cambridge History of WW2 which explicitly says what you claim was overblown/overrated. He debunks the myth in the video I showed and you said otherwise. Nope.

Again, that's just looking at the raw plane vs plane figures, not the reality on the ground.

The British flight and repair crews were being pushed to their absolute limit when the change in strategy occurred. When they weren't flying or prepping planes they were being bombed and couldn't ever properly rest.

Back