Thai boys soccer team found safe after 9 days in cave. Edit: All out safely.

Already movies are being made? Gotta cash in on everything right?

Let that shit flop.

When they said the kids would be wearing full face masks, I thought about the local news reporting multiple drownings recently where the common factor was full face mask. They suggested they blacked out and drowned.

Wow, the rare disaster that has a happy ending. I really thought it was unlikely all of them were going to make it out. A shame that one of the rescue divers died, but all things considered what a monumental success. No dead children is definitely something to celebrate.

And to the people saying the coach is going to prison or should be killed:

giphy.gif

There have been multiple reports that exploring caves like this is a normal practice there, and they simply had bad luck with the rain coming earlier than expected. Not EVERY event has someone you can crucify for it.

Wow, the rare disaster that has a happy ending. I really thought it was unlikely all of them were going to make it out. A shame that one of the rescue divers died, but all things considered what a monumental success. No dead children is definitely something to celebrate.

And to the people saying the coach is going to prison or should be killed:

giphy.gif

There have been multiple reports that exploring caves like this is a normal practice there, and they simply had bad luck with the rain coming earlier than expected. Not EVERY event has someone you can crucify for it.

Wait what?

Some people are saying the coach should be killed? Damn what the hell is wrong with them.

I just got off from a local political forum where half the posters endorse Extra Judicial Killing to stop criminality.

Some peoples Children.

They just saved nine kids and their coach from certain death, in one of the most dangerous and physically challenging places a successful rescue operation has ever been mounted. And they lost a brave man doing it.

They can call themselves The Avengers if they want to:cool:

The Avengers definitely kicked ass here. I thought those kids were doomed.

For some reason , i see a movie about this being pretty boring? The most exciting part would be them going deeper in the cave when the floods came.. After that it's 14 people sitting in the pitch black for 14 days or whatever.. And then getting rescued is 4 hours in pitch black diving? Don't really see much of a film but who knows.

Castaway was a hit.

Do you guys have links to videos of the underwater part of the actual rescue?

When they said the kids would be wearing full face masks, I thought about the local news reporting multiple drownings recently where the common factor was full face mask. They suggested they blacked out and drowned.
Good question, are full face masks more dangerous? Seems a better option, aside scubaed before and the respirator is not super secure, as you're basically biting it in place.

lol Elon Musk lied when he said the rescuers told him to continue with his submarine thing. Conan was right about that POS.

...and his army of weirdo obsessive fans are trashing the actual rescuers for not being grateful for Musk's (non-existent) contribution.

...and his army of weirdo obsessive fans are trashing the actual rescuers for not being grateful for Musk's (non-existent) contribution.
I think Musk brought in gen sets, water and wifi which was appreciated but his tinkering around the cave was not.
https://mashable.com/2018/07/14/tha...ys-elon-musk-submarine-pr-stunt/#2TNHgXyRyaqY
When the interviewer pointed out that Musk did actually make it into the cave at one point, Unsworth simply shrugged and replied that the Tesla CEO "was asked to leave very quickly."
Ouch.​

Hundreds of kids die everyday due to starvation or slaughter. Nobody cares.

Bring up soccer kids trapped in a cave during the World CUP and everyone loses their minds.

Let that shit flop.
A film in the style of 'Touching the Void' (i.e. more of a documentary) would be very good. I don't want to see any bullshit hollywoodized dramatisation.

I think the kids were heavily sedated which is probably why they had to wear full face masks.

Let that shit flop.
Was thinkin the same. The kids aren't even out of the hospital yet but Hollywood has already sent people down there to make the movie.

This is such a salivating / attractive scenario for Hollywood, cause there's are enough White guys involved in major ways for White actors to be the lead. If this was all Asian, it would be far less attractive for Hollywood due to the lack of leading Asian actors who can pull in audiences.

So who's going to be the leads?
Mark Wahlberg?
George Clooney?
The Rock? (might be too dam big to fit through the tight passage ways)
Vin Diesel?
Tom Cruise?

I would go for Jeremy Renner . Probably Patrick Stewart to represent the older White guy.

A film in the style of 'Touching the Void' (i.e. more of a documentary) would be very good. I don't want to see any bullshit hollywoodized dramatisation.
Yeah definitely a documentary style production, and not a typical Hollywood production.

I think steve may have a bit of an (un)healthy hatred of elon musk, just based on his past reactions when his name is brought up :eek:

Was thinkin the same. The kids aren't even out of the hospital yet but Hollywood has already sent people down there to make the movie.

This is such a salivating / attractive scenario for Hollywood, cause there's are enough White guys involved in major ways for White actors to be the lead. If this was all Asian, it would be far less attractive for Hollywood due to the lack of leading Asian actors who can pull in audiences.

So who's going to be the leads?
Mark Wahlberg?
George Clooney?
The Rock? (might be too dam big to fit through the tight passage ways)
Vin Diesel?
Tom Cruise?

I would go for Jeremy Renner . Probably Patrick Stewart to represent the older White guy.

I think Tilda Swinton is the only reasonable choice.

Back