***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v4: RIP DEMAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn’t for pop Kiwi would have ended up like the other bozos that Gunt’s dumbass cheers for like Luc Mbop and Wes Johns
Not even close
Neither was MR Cali in HS, nor lead a mid major to the sweet 16, nor led their conf in rebounding, etc...

R u ever right, ever?

Not even close
Neither was MR Cali in HS, nor lead a mid major to the sweet 16, nor led their conf in rebounding, etc...

R u ever right, ever?

like i said, it must be annoying for those players that Pop basically gets credit for their entire skill sets. Parker, Ginobili and Duncan apparently wouldnt be shit anywhere but SA?? I am not buying it. I believe he has a great system and fits guys into a scheme well but thats predicated on getting them to give up things more than gain more freedom. He gets them to buy into team ball and its great.

He definitely isnt good at cultivating superstar endorsement deals for his players. He likes quiet guys who are professional but that hurts them come endorsement time because Pop wont give you that push either. He likes everything low key and frowns on players being a little swaggy or vocal.

Kawhi Uncle has one thing right for sure, 500k a year in endorsements for a player of that calibre is absurd.

like i said, it must be annoying for those players that Pop basically gets credit for their entire skill sets. Parker, Ginobili and Duncan apparently wouldnt be shit anywhere but SA?? I am not buying it. I believe he has a great system and fits guys into a scheme well but thats predicated on getting them to give up things more than gain more freedom. He gets them to buy into team ball and its great.

He definitely isnt good at cultivating superstar endorsement deals for his players. He likes quiet guys who are professional but that hurts them come endorsement time because Pop wont give you that push either. He likes everything low key and frowns on players being a little swaggy or vocal.

Kawhi Uncle has one thing right for sure, 500k a year in endorsements for a player of that calibre is absurd.
Why hasnt the Immortal Pop produced more DPOTY?

I mean its all him right?

Hes also not the shooting coach, thats Chip, who deserves credit if anything

Yeah he's pretty good at cultivating championships. Those are pretty good for a player's wallet too

Lol at blaming Pop or SA for Kiwi's endorsement woes. Duncan never had any problem making money there. Kiwi is just bland as fuck off the court and makes no effort to come off any different.

Lmao you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s are something else. Now it's all Kawhi and Pop's negligible

Well at least I don’t jump ship on the raps to knob gobble on a player who won’t even win with the lakers, so it could be worse.

These hoes ain’t loyal
Been a life long laker fan. I didn’t just start watching basketball in the 2000’s like you.

Whole lot of elite high school and college players out there do fuckall due to incompetent coaching and management. That means literally nothing

Lol at blaming Pop or SA for Kiwi's endorsement woes. Duncan never had any problem making money there. Kiwi is just bland as fuck off the court and makes no effort to come off any different.
Ghey Thompson is pretty bland and he does alright with endorsements.

I assume cap space, but I forget how all this works.

@HunterSdVa29
depends on if they reduce the guaranteed portion of the salary, but i don't think they did. However, a buyout typically involves altering the guaranteed portion....
"Any guaranteed salary still owed to the player as the result of a buyout continues to be included in team salary, just as with any waived player. See question number 65 for details."

there is no longer an Amnesty provision in the new CBA either

Whole lot of elite high school and college players out there do fuckall due to incompetent coaching and management. That means literally nothing
sure
he was the conf leader in rebounding (both years), and 9th IN THE NATION as a sophomore SMALL FORWARD. He was 2nd in the entire NCAA in Defensive Win Shares.

some people have inherent drive/hustle/desire to improve, other's don't....

how many of yall even watched him play, yet all of a sudden we're all experts on the development of Kawhi Leonard hahahahaha

Pop made Kawhi is the most egregious thing i've literally ever heard on this forum

and that includes BD's 'Chris Kaman is the 2nd best C in the league' statement he made once

What sport are yall watching?

Yeah he's pretty good at cultivating championships. Those are pretty good for a player's wallet too

Max is max dummy. Kawhi is getting 500k in endorsements while all the other top 5 guys are getting 20mil+ each. His entire yearly salary so no the championships didn’t generate him extra money he getting 20mil a year anywhere.

If anything on a shit bird team with worse players he would put up better numbers and he getting same contract. I don’t believe for a second pop or the spurs turned him from scrub to mvp talent, he did that.

Pop made Kawhi is the most egregious thing i've literally ever heard on this forum

He had no offensive game the first 3 years in the league. Just a 3 and D guy. Wasn't until the '14 finals when he got any attention on offense, and even then he was just one of the guys in that system.

Dude didn't even have a 30 point game until 4 years into the league.

that's not true Jrams, he played on the Spurs and in their system. And he actually COULDN'T shoot 3s, so no he wasn't a 3 and D guy he was a slasher/midrange guy at first.

obviously he has gotten better year by year, just like Giannis.

Why have the Spurs not produced any other MVP level players then? It's him and Duncan (and pre Pop DRob), and Duncan came in heralded and played 4 years of college right?

Why is Kawhi the only MVP/DPOTY level player that Pop has ever 'developed'?

odd.

Danny Green is actually who you should be talking about, he was cut from other teams and then became a vital 3 and D guy for a Title team. Or Bruce Bowen

kawhi was just a young developing guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back