BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot

Lol it's a "white name" because you decided it was. So blacks only have "black" names? Are there a bunch of Buffys running around in Arkansas as well?
The black valley girl HAS BEEN DONE. Like 20 years ago.
It has nothing to do with race. It's money
View attachment 409733
View attachment 409735
View attachment 409737

I noticed you didn't answer my question. That's ok.

You really don't feel like they are pandering to you? It doesn't insult your intelligence just a little?

<31>
Then it wouldn't be Luke Cage
If he isn't from Harlem fighting local crime, then you can't call him Luke Cage. It would be a different character
You can, if Luke Cage is now Hispanic and fighting crime and oppression in Los Angeles.

You can actually say the name Buffy made you think of an actual archetypal character before you saw the movie or show?

Yeah dude there were a bunch of buffy and muffy variations throughout the 80's.....on tv and in film. Probably in music too if I had to guess. It was a stereotypical white-richgirl name. A cheerleader, soriority house type of name.

Yeah dude there were a bunch of buffy and muffy variations throughout the 80's.....on tv and in film. Probably in music too if I had to guess. It was a stereotypical white-richgirl name. A cheerleader, soriority house type of name.
Eh, maybe you're older than me. Literally never heard any other buffy/muffy variations. Only know Buffy the vampire slayer.

They’ll never write the new Black Buffy character that way. The African American community would throw a fit. Also I don’t think many consider Stacy Dash a real black person considering she a Republican that voted for Donald Trump.
Lol "the black community"
Why are we the only ones that get grouped into communities? I never hear about "the brown community", or "the asian community "
I have no idea how they'll end up writing this character. But blacks are more diverse than we are given credit for. In the past and present, there are blacks casted in "valley girl" roles as the token black friend of the white protagonist. It isn't anything new.

I doubt it would be done to the extreme of Dash's character , or Hilary from FPoB, but Buffy wasn't that extreme of a valleygirl in the show either.
There are blacks of many socioeconomic backgrounds ,guys.
Lol i swear, it blows my mind sometimes to read threads on Sherdog.
Do black people even exist in the cities you guys live in?

Is that when they started banging?

Buffy turned to shit so I stopped watching around then.

Spike wants Buffy at that point and tries to get her to fight him; as Buffy herself pointed out, getting beat up by a Slayer is actually a turn-on for Spike. Buffy refuses and pushes him to the ground, throwing the money she promised onto him and sneering he will always be, "Beneath her".

Spike is genuinely upset by Buffy's rejection, almost crying in frustration. He later appears outside Buffy's house with a shotgun, planning to shoot her dead as the chip in his brain prevents him from fighting humans, but when he sees Buffy crying over her mother, who is dying, he immediately changes his mind and tries to comfort her.

Spike wants Buffy at that point and tries to get her to fight him; as Buffy herself pointed out, getting beat up by a Slayer is actually a turn-on for Spike. Buffy refuses and pushes him to the ground, throwing the money she promised onto him and sneering he will always be, "Beneath her".

Spike is genuinely upset by Buffy's rejection, almost crying in frustration. He later appears outside Buffy's house with a shotgun, planning to shoot her dead as the chip in his brain prevents him from fighting humans, but when he sees Buffy crying over her mother, who is dying, he immediately changes his mind and tries to comfort her.
I think this is the exact episode that made me quit.

db987e1c510e16a3a8e129c9d5a41b24_400x400.png

Looks like the usual sjw sympathizers have infected this thread

lol @ you pathetic people

You really don't feel like they are pandering to you? It doesn't insult your intelligence just a little?
<31>
You haven't answered or addressed a single thing ive said.
You keep crying about the name Buffy, and i told you there is no such thing as a white name. There's nothing deep about the joke. It's completely straight forward. Only someone unfamiliar with the show wouldnt understand. But the name itself was hardly important to establish her character. And there is no rule that a black girl can't be named Buffy.
Most black people HAVE white names. Do you think Bill, Terry, or Jill came from Africa?
The name has nothing to do with race, it is a rich person's name.

And more importantly, this is such a small, meaningless thing to focus on. The show is about a teenage girl that fights vampires, not the fucking racial origin of her name

Cleopatra was a caucasian woman of Greek descent - from a dynasty set up to rule Egypt by one of Alexander the Great's generals. It is perfectly reasonable to cast someone who looks like Liz Taylor in that role. Had to correct a college professor on that score once and now the turn has come to sherdog.
ok great. Still ireelvant to the point. The point being 99.9% of all historical pandering, and there was massive amounts of it over the last decades, has been to white males.

Those same white males now feel super threatened that OTHERS are finally getting pandered to. Suddenly they have found their outrage and identified pandering which they ignored or could not see prior as it was all directed at them. It is LITERALLY a forest for the trees example. They are mad at one white character being turned black while they never said boo about the hundreds of ethnic characters turned white. But NOW IT MUST STOP, give me my safe space as I don't want to see it. lol.

You certainly do not want to play a game with me where you name a movie or tv show where a character was ethic washed and I counter with one that was white washed as you will lose by horrendous margins.

Last edited:

Do you agree that hollywood has always pandered and the vast majority of pandering is to white people and in particular white males and only more recently we have seen ethnics and women added into that pandering but in much smaller proportions?

ok great. Still ireelvant to the point. The point being 99.9% of all historical pandering, and there was massive amounts of it over the last decades, has been to white males.

Those same white males now feel super threatened that OTHERS are finally getting pandered to. Suddenly they have foudn their outrage and identified pandering which they ignore or could not see prior as it was all directed at them It is LITERALLY a forest for the trees example. They are made at one white character being turned black while they never said boo about the hundreds of ethnic characters turned white. But NOW IT MUST STOP, give me my safe space as I don't want to see it. lol.

You certainly do not want to play a game with me where you name a movie or tv show where a character was ethic washed and I counter with one that was white washed as you will lose by horrendous margins.

Well, I don't mind that minorities get more representation in movies - I don't even watch very much of what Hollywood produces. However, you could make the point that if whitewashing isn't okay, then it is not okay to change historically white characters to other races either.

Like I said, I wouldn't really mind a black Buffy, but as a Scandinavian, I did think the black Heimdall was a bit silly.

Why? Because they WANT TO. It is you, and these other people in this thread that are incapable of accepting this simple truth.

I am a TV producer. I have an idea to reboot Buffy, but, I want to tell this story in a different way. I want her to be a young black girl living in a different part of LA.
THAT IS THE STORY.

You guys keep going back to useless crap that doesn't matter. I am not looking for the best actor to play Buffy. I am looking for the best actor that matches the story i have in mind for this character. I am not going to cast Tom Cruise to play a role i have in mind for Dwyane Johnson, despite Cruise being the better actor.

Buffy, 007, Indiana Jones, there's nothing inherently white about any of these characters

Are you counting me among those people?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back