Shogun Getting to his Feet GIF

giphy.gif

<DCrying><DCrying>

yeah that ruined my sunday, the fights sucked but to see him dusted like that, ugh.

It's like once you pull your back it becomes much easier to do it again.

I know that subsequent concussions come easier, but then you have guys like Rampage who get KO'd brutally and still retain great chins.

Crazy how many fighters who have great chins... right up until they don't. It's scary to think about what has changed in their brain that they used to be able to take huge shots with seemingly no effect to all of a sudden getting KO'd or hurt badly by much lesser shots.

Wear and tear...? Esp. since those fighters with great chins never seem to even try to learn to be elusive, but rather charge head on to land power shots of their own (esp. back in the day) to get that KO win. Shit, even The Iceman got old and KTFO'ed a bunch by the end of his career. BJ Penn too...and his chin was as great as the best of them along with Gomi. They got old and went through too many wars/took too many shots willingly and got worn out.

Move to USA to get serious training or retire. Brazilian camps are a joke.

To think our so-called double Eye Poke Champ was calling out this guy lol. Maybe DC can call out Cowboy Cerrone next or a waiter at Chili's.

That gif sums up the fight and where he's at now in his career. He wants to go on but his body has had enough.

I really can't believe people were seriously saying he should fight for the title. Shogun is one of my favorite fighters and an absolute legend but he's fought once a year for the past four years and has not been in top form for a while. Sad to see him hurt like this

Wear and tear...? Esp. since those fighters with great chins never seem to even try to learn to be elusive, but rather charge head on to land power shots of their own (esp. back in the day) to get that KO win. Shit, even The Iceman got old and KTFO'ed a bunch by the end of his career. BJ Penn too...and his chin was as great as the best of them along with Gomi. They got old and went through too many wars/took too many shots willingly and got worn out.

Probably so. Like I said, some guys like Rampage can get brutally KO’d and still retain a great chin but all in all Rampage always has solid defense. Guys like Chuck heavily relied on their chin to take one to give one.

Early stoppage imo . Shogun was just getting started

Despite the recent winning streak, today's Shogun is a distant memory of a shadow of a pale imitation of the fighter he once was.

Far be it from me to tell anyone when to retire but it's sad to watch him fight.

Reminds me of Golota after...was it Lennox Lewis?

Yeah thats it.

That recent knee injury had him even less mobile than his last fight

He looked like total trash tonight. Hes gonna get hurt.

That was your last hoo rah Shogun. I got pumped up for the last time

Gee, no one saw that coming. SMH.

Back