White guy murdered for defending black friend against racist

See above, and if you kill your husband for sleeping with 1/2 your friends, is that hate crime? If you kill your boss for being a dick and making your family hungry and homeless and kill him, is that a hate crime?

When a child, who was horribly abused from infancy, grows up and murders her parents, is that a hate crime?
No.

Hate crime is a felony. And he's getting charged with one.

A hate crime is literally any crime motivated by conscious bias against a subset of people.

And as such, any crime labeled a "hate crime" will carry harsher sentence and escalate the charges. So misdemeanor harassment becomes a felony.

What's your point? I've been over this.

Bogus hate crimes wouldn't impact the FBI's figures.

Also, that site includes the entire world not just America and since like 1990 it's just a few hundred in 30 years.

There were 5x more actual hate crimes between October-December 2016 in just America alone than all the fake hate crimes everywhere since 1990.

Hope this helps.
Using that website (fakehatecrimes) is the Mount Everest of confirmation bias.

how about not requesting the thread to end and discuss how there are still plenty of racist assholes in the US?
And yet this thread went to 6 pages... He really thought that it was so clever from him to called this thread. Lol, what a dick...

Also, that site includes the entire world not just America and since like 1990 it's just a few hundred in 30 years.

There were 5x more actual hate crimes between October-December 2016 in just America alone than all the fake hate crimes since 1990.

Hope this helps.
I just quoted the UCR. That's the FBI data. No surge in anti-black hate crimes in 2016.

Hate crimes are a relatively new class of crime:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime#United_States
Criminal acts which could be considered hate crimes in various states included aggravated assault, assault and battery, vandalism, rape, threats and intimidation, arson, trespassing, stalking, and various "lesser" acts until in 1987 California state legislation included all crimes as possible hate crimes.[65]

Defined in the 1999 National Crime Victim Survey, "A hate crime is a criminal offense. In the United States, federal prosecution is possible for hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's race, religion, or nation origin when engaging in a federally protected activity." In 2009, the Matthew Shepard Act added actual or perceived gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability to the federal definition, and dropped the prerequisite that the victim be engaging in a federally protected activity.
We have been devoting a ton of resources to promoting awareness and prosecution of these kinds of crimes. I am willing to bet that fake hate crime page started up a relatively short time ago, and what's more, most "fake hate crimes" are deliberately intended to mislead. That's why leftists were running around tipping Jewish statues. It's going to be rare that you catch those people. They deliberately are perpetrating fraud, and real victims are far less common.

Meanwhile, real hate crimes are like the one in the OP. The crime isn't premeditated by default, and often they don't have an escape plan. With real victims you get more real police follow-up. You get witnesses. You have greater certainty of intent more frequently. Look at the article in the OP. This kind of crap is being politically weaponized with pathos. Don't underestimate the incentive to exploit this. This is a relatively new phenomenon that coincides with the rise of liberal identity politics in the mainstream.

Relevant to the story why?

because it helps paint the picture of them all just being stupid people. When you have an article trying to paint him as some hero, rather than a stupid, drunk person, and people in this thread trying to blame Trump, it helps to add some context.

Relevant to the story why?
It establishes a potential character flaw that indicates a possible contradiction with the character portrait of the victim being painted here in the press (by his family). It's possible he's not the shining white knight he is being made out to be. It could be that this girl is into hotheads.

It's not a point of focus, but I noticed it, too.

There were 5x more actual hate crimes between October-December 2016 in just America alone than all the fake hate crimes everywhere since 1990.

Hope this helps.

Now imagine how high the numbers would be if black on white hate crimes were recorded properly! Scary!

I just quoted the UCR. That's the FBI data. No surge in anti-black hate crimes in 2016.

Hate crimes are a relatively new class of crime:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime#United_States

We have been devoting a ton of resources to promoting awareness and prosecution of these kinds of crimes. I am willing to bet that fake hate crime page started up a relatively short time ago, and what's more, most "fake hate crimes" are deliberately intended to mislead. That's why leftists were running around tipping Jewish statues. It's going to be rare that you catch those people. They deliberately are perpetrating fraud, and real victims are far less common.

Meanwhile, real hate crimes are like the one in the OP. The crime isn't premeditated by default, and often they don't have an escape plan. With real victims you get more real police follow-up. You get witnesses. You have greater certainty of intent more frequently. Look at the article in the OP. This kind of crap is being politically weaponized with pathos. Don't underestimate the incentive to exploit this. This is a relatively new phenomenon that coincides with the rise of liberal identity politics in the mainstream.

I think under reporting is far more likely than over reporting or even fraudulent/hoax incidents. I think police are human and lazy just like everyone else and the extra work required to elevate an incident to a hate crime is going to dissuade more individuals from pursing hate crimes vs regular crimes.

There is also the issue in proving intent. Blacks target whites for crimes because of their race and whites target blacks for crimes because of their race, but unless they are shouting the racial slurs and there's a witness to it, it wouldn't be deemed a hate crime.

Using that website (fakehatecrimes) is the Mount Everest of confirmation bias.

The website is just an attempt to log and record the number of fake hate crimes as a reference. Nice try though.

Last edited:
RIP to a man who stood up for what was right and just.

Sad to say that many of us wouldn't have done the same.

And a lot of posters here in the War Room would've joined in on the side of Evil.

R.I.P. to that hero.

My prayers to his family and loved ones.

You believe that a white man killing another white man in a bar dispute is an indication of emboldened white nationalists because the confrontation involved the offender spewing racist rhetoric at the victim's black friend-- who walked off unscathed? Think that through. Your language indicates he believes he might receive sympathy, support, or somehow else get away with the crime, and do so in service of a greater political agenda.

I wish the TS would have posted the article containing facts instead of one drowned in the ex-partner's emotional reaction. This is literally ALL of the objective reporting from that article:

So I followed the link to the one that is actually about what happened:
Man killed in Red Rose bar shooting had defended black man from racial slurs, police say
636678040463321633-download.jpg

433dff60-98e8-4c1c-8f25-db0dc04502c1-IMG_4154.JPG

<Varys01>

What the fuck are these people talking about? This dope shot at the restaurant. He didn't care who he hit. You don't go outside. I'm with @cottagecheesefan. Don't mix booze, bigots, and hotheads. You get bad decisions.

That's not to say that Trump's rhetoric shouldn't be evaluated within the scope of hate crimes; no differently than how the rise in assassinations and murders of cops should be evaluated within the context of #BLM. Nevertheless, the way hate crimes are reported, and recorded, it's very difficult for a person of any race to trust them. Still, it's what we have. Unfortunately, the UCR only has data for 2016, not 2017 yet.

Hate crime in 2016 was up 5% from 2015. Meanwhile, incidents involving anti-Black hate crimes were down 1%. On the other hand, the spike in murders of police soared in 2016 by over 50% compared to 2015, and the number of ambush-style murder were up 167% that year; following the summer where the peak of #BLM intensity crested and finally broke with the Dallas massacre.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/tables-and-data-declarations/1tabledatadecpdf
https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2016/tables/table-1

So...since you clearly embrace logic that has you willing to believe that right-wing rhetoric would embolden, radicalize, and motivate more to commit crimes, then shouldn't you be prepared to accept that logic as it applies to the left? Or will you now reject that logic when the theory doesn't suss out with the white nationalists, but it does with the anti-white, anti-cop extremists who subscribe mostly to the left?

You have had a lot of solid posts in this thread. I enjoy when I disagree with someone in some threads, and 100% agree in other threads. Helps show more middle ground posters, who aren't completely blinded whatever. I also like how you show actual statistics to counter people, as opposed to me just making general statements to show flaws in their argument. I should try being credible sometime :(

I do think that they could charge him with a potential hate crime, with the firing of the gun, she he did come in and said racial remarks, then went to his car to get the gun. Firing it kind of seems to be charge with racism.

However, once he stopped, got back in his car, and now someone provokes him, they can no longer charge it with a hate crime. Since now he was motivated with stopping a potential altercation.

The website is just an attempt to log and record the number of fake hate crimes as a reference. Nice try though.
Yeah, and it's being used in a very specific narrative.

Race relations were the best they ever could be right before Obama was elected. Then he threw gas on every fire he could and we ended up here today.

Just LOL at blaming Trump for Obama's mess. Mike Brown is a victim, RIGHT? lol

It's actually crazy how badly Obama fucked up race relations in America. None of this shit was an issue when Bush was president.

Well this thread just ruined my day

Shot dead for defending someone else. That sucks. RIP hero. You didn't deserve this

The article seems to be a bit misleading, but it is a sad situation nonetheless. You have to be careful when out late at night and dealing with absolute trash, you never know who the unstable moron is. But if somebody is using racial slurs, you probably found the unstable moron.

As for Trump, not sure how he comes into play here. This kind of thing has always happened. I don't know much about the statistics, except I remember reading that anti-Muslim hate crimes have increased in recent years. Here's one source, but I remember seeing several.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewr...inst-muslims-in-u-s-surpass-2001-level/?amp=1

I think it's obviously disingenuous to say Trump has no effect whatsoever on racists feeling more comfortable. Everyone should be able to admit that much, we shouldn't overstate it either. He is not the cause of racism, he's just an asshole that seems to make racists feel more comfortable. There have been several racist caught in tape shouting at minorities and actually using Trump's name as some sort of battle cry. Lol. Or directly quoting Trump. Crazy. It's insane that a racist would believe so strongly that Trump is also a racist that he (or she) use Trump as part of his racist rant. I'm not sure how we could pretend that's not noteworthy.

I've been to that bar a few times. I work with people who knew the victims family. He didn't go to the car to fight with the shooter. From what I hear he knew the shooter and was going out there to calm him down.

Back