Can someone explain to me what Conor is doing? Wasting his prime years on the couch.

Dude, he is busy getting life like statues made of his godly specimen. Back off!

He's an example of why you don't pay these guys to much money. Not everyone is as money hungry as Mayweather some are fine with making it once and getting lazy

Damn I love me some Remy.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

his "prime" was when he beat Aldo and Alvarez.

right now, he's getting a lot bigger from his instagram photos, i don't know if he'll be the same fighter if he came back.

He set mental goals to get rich and become a ufc world champion.

He achieved those things and now, regardless of his court case, he is having a hard time getting motivated. I’m sure he is motivated to train and stay somewhat in shape, but his main motivation was financial and that is gone for the time being.

Any offer he gets from the ufc will be a step backwards for him financially, and he might be waiting to see how the lightweight division plays out.

Protecting his biggest investment AKA himself. What benefit is there in fighting. He knows what losing could do

to bad he signed to a ufc contract that he was more than happy to sign so when when he never comes back it wont matter.

if he comes back it be for the same money now that he signed his ufc contract at 2 years ago.
I share the same sentiment, bud (I am not a fan).

Unfortunately, he can "not fight" until the UFC agrees to pay him more. And unfortunately, this would not be the first time they did it for him.

The big difference is that in their greed, UFC gave him a load of money from his Boxing match that he would not make in his full career at MMA, and now he got too much money to accept peanuts.

And I do think that, if UFC does not find new megastars, Conor will get his wish.

I wonder how many times it needs to be pointed out that his promoter has said he will not book Conor for anything until after he finds out the results of Conor's court case on Thursday? Conor can't sign anything if his promoter isn't offering anything.

Calm down, wait till July 26 plays out.

He set mental goals to get rich and become a ufc world champion.

He achieved those things and now, regardless of his court case, he is having a hard time getting motivated. I’m sure he is motivated to train and stay somewhat in shape, but his main motivation was financial and that is gone for the time being.

Any offer he gets from the ufc will be a step backwards for him financially, and he might be waiting to see how the lightweight division plays out.
It’s not a step backwards it’s definitely more than 0. Floyd fought Berto for around 30 mil. Is that a step backwards because he has made more in the past?
No

We know he had agreed to fight RDA for the interim WW title before the court issues so that's not true.

Conor has made a lot of cash, but these long periods of inactivity are going to cost him inside the cage.

What excuse has he really got to be completely injury-free and take 2 whole years off? He fights in the two most stacked divisions in MMA, he'll be 31 in a year, needs to be careful in my humble opinion.

Thoughts?

Who knows.

Initially I thought after Mayweather he took an extended break after getting hit with some shots to the head, spend time with his kid and just take a break in general. He has been doing a lot of traveling, media and fighting at a weight class that was just becoming unhealthy for him, despite getting Lockhart in to do his nutrition and diet.

Maybe he feels he's not getting paid what he thinks he deserves, which he touched on after 205, though he said he offered to step in against Edgar, at I assume, what would have being 155lbs. Roddy did an interview with Submission Radio talking about Conor flying everywhere and being busy with things outside of the cage, so maybe he's doing stuff for the future and if you listen to previous interviews with Conor, he's talked a lot about wanting to pack the sport in - which is not a rare thing for fighters - and then gets the itch to fight again.

Why does he need an excuse to not fight? He, or any other fighter, doesn't have to fight if they don't want to. If he comes back he comes back, if not then MMA goes on. I don't subscribe to the theory that he banked serious money, lost his hunger to fight completely because of that - as he could have walked away a long time ago doing crappy films/commercials and probably making more money from that. If he does come back, I'm sure he'll be asked about it and won't give an answer why. Really anyone's guess.

We've seen it again and again, lighter weight fighters tend to fall out of their prime in their early 30's.

We aren't talking about Heavyweights here, Conor and his peers will not still be world champions at 40, it simply doesn't happen. The smaller you are the more speed matters, reflexes matter, and we have seen that the younger guys at these weights tend to do well compared to the old dogs.

Conor has made a lot of cash, but these long periods of inactivity are going to cost him inside the cage.

What excuse has he really got to be completely injury-free and take 2 whole years off? He fights in the two most stacked divisions in MMA, he'll be 31 in a year, needs to be careful in my humble opinion.

Thoughts?
Being rich as fuck and having more money then all the best UFC fighters combined, where is the mystery?

Ducking, because he has loads of cash, doesnt need to fight, and is vastly overrated.
I wouldn’t call it ducking with the reasons you listed. The whole point of fighting is to make money. If I made the amount of money he has I’d probably never fight again too. This sport is brutal and fight camps suck. You barely get to spend any time with your family, and getting punched in the head for a living isn’t good for the long term. He’s done everything he said he would do when he got signed, and didn’t just eek out the wins to get those belts, he destroyed both of the world champions he fought.

I know everyone likes to hate on the guy, but after everything he’s done, I wouldn’t blame him if he never fought again.

I share the same sentiment, bud (I am not a fan).

Unfortunately, he can "not fight" until the UFC agrees to pay him more. And unfortunately, this would not be the first time they did it for him.

The big difference is that in their greed, UFC gave him a load of money from his Boxing match that he would not make in his full career at MMA, and now he got too much money to accept peanuts.

And I do think that, if UFC does not find new megastars, Conor will get his wish.

or says u have a contract so u can stay at home not fighting or fight out the ufc contract he was happy to sign making him the highest paid on the roster.

We've seen it again and again, lighter weight fighters tend to fall out of their prime in their early 30's.

We aren't talking about Heavyweights here, Conor and his peers will not still be world champions at 40, it simply doesn't happen. The smaller you are the more speed matters, reflexes matter, and we have seen that the younger guys at these weights tend to do well compared to the old dogs.

Thoughts?
Seen too much of it, hell Nate Diaz fought for peanuts for years always bitching and he finally built his name up to where he can make real money and now he doesn’t fight.

Just makes no sense to me sitting on the sidelines for years demanding a crazy high number instead of fighting like 2-3 times a year for a good paycheck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back