Demi Lovato Hospitalized for Heroin Overdose

Oh look another thread full of hurr durr it didn't happen to me so I don't care. What a shit culture we live in.

My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year. Such a horrible drug to get involved with.

Is it true that doctors in the US will prescribe opiates for things like a sprained ankle?

Big pharmaceutical compaies own the US government, along with other corporations.

"Stick your arm for some real fun
So your sickness weighs a ton
And God's name is smack for some"

'91-'92 Staley (pre-H addiction)
2cab42c0d01b8ef28daff104c8f22a7f.jpg

'98 Staley - 6 years into H-addiction (Last public photo and 4 years before OD/death)
layne_staley_last_photo_1998_jerry_cantrell_show_halloween.jpg

Someone needs to tell Demi to research Layne Staley to scare her dumbass into sobriety

Oh look another thread full of hurr durr it didn't happen to me so I don't care. What a shit culture we live in.

Indeed it is a shit culture where we congratulate people for not being total fuck ups. I mean it's not like there isn't decades of information detailing how damaging and lethal abusing heroin, cocaine, prescription pills and other hard drugs can be. And I'm sick of the cheap sympathy plea like in this thread, "My puppy od'd on heroin." Congratulations, your puppy was a fucking moron. They act like their puppy was some sort of hero who was taken out by something tragic when all they were was a dumb cunt with no willpower.

Indeed it is a shit culture where we congratulate people for not being total fuck ups. I mean it's not like there isn't decades of information detailing how damaging and lethal abusing heroin, cocaine, prescription pills and other hard drugs can be. And I'm sick of the cheap sympathy plea like in this thread, "My puppy od'd on heroin." Congratulations, your puppy was a fucking moron. They act like their puppy was some sort of hero who was taken out by something tragic when all they were was a dumb cunt with no willpower.
What in the hell are you even talking about. People know literally all drugs are bad for you and many can kill you, and yes they still take them. A lot of people with drug problems are often self medicating to deal with mental and emotional problems.

You don't have to support the behavior to have a shred of empathy that another human being is having a hard time.

My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year. Such a horrible drug to get involved with.

Is it true that doctors in the US will prescribe opiates for things like a sprained ankle?

Yes they will. It's why I never even filled my prescription when I had knee surgery

some of the means words are really going to effect her :(

a crack pot

nothing new

Should have gotten yourself some Adderall/modafinil instead for that. Would have been wide awake seeing numbers flowing through the walls and shit.

The comedown from Adderall is hella hardcore though. Pass.

isn't it obvious? some people LIKE how heroin and meth makes them feel.
So I might like how it feels to fly but I know there is a good chance I’ll die doing it. So I pick a safer option to get that feeling like indoor skydiving or jumping off the high board. Meth and Heroin are not casual drugs to take because you like the feeling. They destroy who you are. People KNOW this. It’s more about liking the way it feels, it’s a deep down cry for help and or death wish.

Anyone found down with even a slight suspicion that drugs could be involved will get narcan.

You can OD on about anything. Most overdoses are not heroin. Heroin ODs moved into 1st place maybe around 2014 briefly but was overtaken by synthetic opioids after that.

I'm speaking from experience of going on dozens and dozens of OD's and watching people get Narcan'd. It does nothing if your OD was not from heroin or another opiate. Every single OD I have been on where someone was "brought back" with Narcan was heroin. If you OD on something that is not an opiate, Narcan will do nothing to revive you.

I have not been to a single OD in years where someone was Narcan'd that was not heroin related. Only other ones that are opiate related where they get Narcan'd are intentional OD's by pain pills by people trying to kill themselves.

What about fentanyl? That was my initial thought when I saw the report

Were finding a lot of heroin in Southern CA that has traces of fentanyl in it. It has definitely made the OD game a lot stronger. There is now so much risk of fentanyl cross contamination that the OC Crime Lab does not want us field testing heroin in a NIC test. If we suspect it, the substance gets double bagged in heat sealed envelopes and marked with huge orange tape cautioning fentanyl before going to the lab.

some of the means words are really going to effect her :(

Gave that post a like just cuz shadowrun is the shit. For the life of me I cant understand why the fuck they can't make a new awesome MMO or RPG for it for PS4 or something, : (

In keeping on topic though I don't think anything anyone here says will ever get back to her so we are in the clear!

Back here on Long Island authorities projected that around 600 people died opioid overdoses last year and they believe that number is going to climb this year. The Island has an opioid epidemic so to speak and its been ongoing for a few years now. It used to be when I was I heavy into my use and this is going back mid to late 2000's it was almost always heroin that an individual got when using. It was extremely rare or at least for myself rare to even find heroin laced with fentanyl. Today however that is not the case and towns here are seeing a spike in overdoses and it has to do with heroin and the mix of fentanyl with it.

There is data though from the Blue Cross Blue Shield that has stated trends are starting to emerge based on the available data that the opioid addiction is starting to plateau overall. This doesn't mean the nation is out of the clear because we are not.

Also you can put major blame on the Sackler family who own Purdue Pharma and In 1996 they released the controlled release form of Oxycodone known as Oxycontin. In 2000 widespread Oxycontin abuse was found and studies shown that a lot of people became addicted to the drug after taking the medication for chronic pain and or after surgeries and the likes. Purdue Pharma downplayed and outright lied about how dangerously addictive Oxycontin and other opioid painkillers are.

Just look at one of their infomercials as I call them in regards to Oxycontin back in 1998. MD Alan Spanos outright lied in the video and said that addiction of pain patients treated by doctors is much less than 1% which is such a bullshit claim. He then goes on to say their pain meds should be used more. They were complicit in bring about this epidemic. As well compensated doctors who prescribed their medications by giving them free trips, gifts and other things. 16 States including Puerto Rico have sued Purdue Pharma for deceptive marketing tactics. Three other states are currently in the process of suing Purdue Pharma for the same thing.

I've worked in post anesthesia after people get surgical procedures done and I have to chime in. People are complete pussies, I'd say about 95% of the people I gave discharge instructions to always bitched about the pain medication not being 'strong enough'.

Most of the time I would say the appropriate pain reliever was prescribed post operatively with strong doses of NSAIDs, but people would still bitch like no other about getting opiates for pain relief. Everyone wanted to be 'completely' pain free and would throw tantrums if physicians didn't prescribe an opiate so most of the time they just wrote em one and told em to fuck off.

Ewww!!!
I don't trust women that do heroin. They give off a very weird vibe.

Now if a chick does ecstasy or coke, you know she's down to fuck by the end of the night.

Back