Khabib's old man says no one can help Conor improve wrestling in time for UFC 229

For some reason, I want Mario Yamasaki to be the referee

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

Why this gif? That's not even Mario?

Jesus. Didn't see those comments. There's an expose podcast coming out on him:

Confident about tomorrow against AEK?

Dana should be pulling his credentials for comments like that.

I wouldn't say confident, coz our makeshift defence is a shambles at the moment, but we dominated the ball so much at Celtic park that it tells me we have the better players going forward and hopefully with them being at home we can find some more space to exploit, I fancy us to score.

Wtf ... you claimed he was never ranked in the top five, probably not even ten... he was actually ranked in the top five and has multiple top ten wins and fought for a world title

I think you should just admit now that Nate is not a journeyman ... but I don't expect it lol
He is a journeyman you goof.

I asked you to name me the top 5 wins that he has and you couldn't even come up with a single one.

What's his best wins? McGregor? Michael Johnson? Cowboy maybe?

Lmao. That's about it.

Learn the definition of a journeyman because that's what he is. He's a great fighter and a definitely not an easy task for anyone but falls short against any top guy.

this picture is the best response for you.
Look at both and you will see Conor almost dead and someone who barely broke a sweat... and that's in training, not going 100% nor with real blows.

Not saying Conor will lose, but it is obvious Khabib is still years ahead of Conor in wrestling/grappling.

I asked you to name me the top 5 wins that he has and you couldn't even come up with a single one.

Lmao. That's about it.

Learn the definition of a journeyman because that's what he is. He's a great fighter and a definitely not an easy task for anyone but falls short against any top guy.
Gets proved wrong

Moves goalposts

Continues original argument on new terms

You believe that if you never win a world title, you are a journeyman. That is not how things work.

Like I said, you should just admit you were wrong but I didn't expect you to. Have a good one.

Are you serious.......Conor is undefeated because he fought once at LW, thats not saying much.....This won't be a close fight and I cant wait for October.

Oh, I realize that...but honestly, I think his best fighting weight is at 155lbs...and he does have other LW fights in cage warriors...and he's looked very good...It's hard to predict this fight...I think conor is going to be alot harder to keep down than a barboza. and I think it's going to be much harder to take conor down...if conor does get taken down, he needs to do some damage while on the feet...I feel his cardio is going to be good for this fight, especially at 155lbs...and I think his boxing skills are going to be so many levels over khabib's it's going to be crazy...the last guy conor fought was floyd freaken mayweather and actually went 10 rounds with him...landing some shots...all that boxing training he did, is going to be huge for this fight...it's still a very tough fight to predict...

this picture is the best response for you.
Look at both and you will see Conor almost dead and someone who barely broke a sweat... and that's in training, not going 100% nor with real blows.

Not saying Conor will lose, but it is obvious Khabib is still years ahead of Conor in wrestling/grappling.

wow...how do you know conor wasn't sparring with other dudes? how much training was conor doing before that? that other dude isn't training for a fight, so he probably just sparred with conor, while conor is doing an entire workout...and going by someone who sweats more as a way to predict cardio is just stupid...

I love the implication that Conor is going to try and get to a certain level of wrestling in a short time frame.

Heard all this before from past opponents and coaches.

he just needs it good enough to stay on his feet long enough to land some punches...that's all it takes...a couple of shots from conor and the fight could be over...

Conor just needs to work on avoiding the clinch and exploding back to his feet before Khabib establishes control. Once Khabib has him flat on his back he’s gonna get beat up.

Conor has some of the best distance control in the game though which can make it hard for Khabib to grab him. It’s not like Khabib has a quick double leg like Mendes, so he is gonna have to clinch and avoid the left on the way in.

This fight is 60/40 in favor of Khabib for me. I don’t see Conor surviving on the ground against Khabib. I think Khabib can survive on the feet against Conor. His defense and chin are good and if he gets hurt he can shoot. In the later rounds Conor’s power won’t be a big factor.

Dana should be pulling his credentials for comments like that.

I wouldn't say confident, coz our makeshift defence is a shambles at the moment, but we dominated the ball so much at Celtic park that it tells me we have the better players going forward and hopefully with them being at home we can find some more space to exploit, I fancy us to score.

Yeah, he's more or less inciting something to happen. There was a couple of incidents with fans and Diaz's team after the 2nd fight.

Match wasn't shown over here - watched the Hearts game and we looked flat and brutal in the final 3rd, but that doesn't worry me. If they put 9 men behind the ball after they had a player sent off, any half decent side can do that. Players look a lot fitter though, I thought.

I personally don't think conor carries his power into the championship rounds, but who knows.

Conor won Diaz II by hurting him with a body shot and busting up his face in the 4th.

“There are a lot of fighters who deserve a title shot more than Conor. For example, Poirier. He can keep a high pace, he tries to finish opponents. Poirier is the real contender.”

{<jordan}

Gets proved wrong

Moves goalposts

Continues original argument on new terms

You believe that if you never win a world title, you are a journeyman. That is not how things work.

Like I said, you should just admit you were wrong but I didn't expect you to. Have a good one.
And you are still ignoring my question. You haven't named any Diaz's top 5 wins or even list all of his top 10 wins.

Lol at using him fighting for a title as an argument. Bisping is a career journeyman who also fought for the title except he actually won.

You don't seem to grasp what the definition of a journeyman is.

But sure, keep believing Diaz is top 5 material.

<36>

And you are still ignoring my question. You haven't named any Diaz's top 5 wins or even list all of his top 10 wins.

Lol at using him fighting for a title as an argument. Bisping is a career journeyman who also fought for the title except he actually won.

You don't seem to grasp what the definition of a journeyman is.

But sure, keep believing Diaz is top 5 material.

<36>
1. you never asked that. you asked 'How many top 5 or top 10 wins does he have?'. i answered, he has multiple

2. diaz was literally ranked top 5

3. calling bisping a journeyman further proves you have no idea what a journeyman is. but its coo. have a good one bradda

Lmao. That's about it.

Seriously, in what combat sport is a guy with double digit losses anything other than a jobber?

So a dude who wrestled in high school and a community college can compete with Khabib but a guy like McGregor can't?

It's not like that. Weidman & Jon Jones also came from a community college originally. Some great wrestlers didn't have the grades or focus for fancier schools.

1. you never asked that. you asked 'How many top 5 or top 10 wins does he have?'. i answered, he has multiple

2. diaz was literally ranked top 5

3. calling bisping a journeyman further proves you have no idea what a journeyman is. but its coo. have a good one bradda
1. I replied with the following right before you responded with your last post.

"I asked you to name me the top 5 wins that he has and you couldn't even come up with a single one."

2) Diaz being ranked in the top 5 at one point in his career doesn't make him top 5 material.

3. Bisping is a career journeyman. Again, go look up the definition of journeyman.

wow...how do you know conor wasn't sparring with other dudes? how much training was conor doing before that? that other dude isn't training for a fight, so he probably just sparred with conor, while conor is doing an entire workout...and going by someone who sweats more as a way to predict cardio is just stupid...
No, kid.
Stupid is assuming someone will learn something in a year or two and be as good as someone who's been doing it throughout their entire life.

I thought retards like you would learn after Conor "learning boxing" for a year before his Boxing fight with FLoyd and yet he was humiliated by a retired boser.

note: we both know Conor has been learning striking for many years which is actually his strong area in MMA. I just noted a year because this is when he trained specifically for Floyd... same way as now him training specifically for Khabib.

How many top 5 or top 10 wins does he have?

Nate Diaz is literally the definition of a journeyman. He never was a top 5 guy, probably not even top 10.

He is a journeyman, deal with it.

See below for a side-by-side comparing Nate's best wins (at the time of the fight) to Khabib's.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_12.36.51_PM.png

Don't forget that Nate also beat #11 Cerrone, but you're specifically asking for top 10 so that's why he's excluded. If you still don't think that Nate has beaten anyone, then you have to also remove MJ as a notable win for Khabib. This means that Khabib's ranking is defined by two decision wins - Edson and RDA. If a fighter's ranking can be supported by two wins, then it's easy to argue that Conor deserves a #1 ranking for his decisive wins over Aldo and Alvarez.

I'll add that you also have to imagine what a fight between Khabib and Diaz would look like if, for some reason, Khabib was unable to secure a take down. He'd be destroyed. You know that, I know that. So seeing as most of Conor's two fights with Nate took place standing, you can't state that Conor's struggle with Nate mean's that he'll lose to Khabib.

Back