Bellator 204: Caldwell vs Lahat 8/17 6PM ET Prelims/9PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

they need to get BJM out of the booth, he fuckin sucks and he is even worse at interviews.

I get Storley hasn't fought the same talent, and I come off as a Bellator mark (&Cody hater) but...

I don't see how Cody beats Storley. Slightly better striking, but worse wrestler than Logan.
It’s Colby, fam lol

I mean, I gotta take Colby but Storley has that pressure wrestling like Covington and GSP. It’s on the same level as high level striking. Very few people can do anything about it

it was awesome how he tried to keep his composure - but was so rocked he looked even worse in the process. That front kick to the face was just mean... and hilarious

He was too busy trying to be like someone else instead of himself. Himself needed to be humbled and realize that there's alot more to mma than mental warfare. Never put the cart before the horse

I've always wondered why some org doesn't hire Helwani to do interviews, he's 50x better than these goofs.

Haha i love Bellator but that place is the size of a highschool gym.

Sanford Pentagon...
Sanford-Pentagon-360x240.jpg

I thought big John would be good at commentating, I was wrong. Him and Goldie are the most boring commentators I've ever heard.

Nice to see him give props to AJ for not backing out of the fight. Sounded geniune, knowing he could have had a Jon Jones like loss on his record.

nice, I've been actually looking forward to this fight, hope its a good one.

Sucked on paper... but the night has been good.

Nice to see him give props to AJ for not backing out of the fight. Sounded geniune, knowing he could have had a Jon Jones like loss on his record.

idk man, these guys take a knee and I'm sure it hurts and rocks people, but, guys in Pride used to take knees and get back up and continue. These guys take one and act like they got shot with a Mossberg shotgun.

It’s Colby, fam lol

I mean, I gotta take Colby but Storley has that pressure wrestling like Covington and GSP. It’s on the same level as high level striking. Very few people can do anything about it

Ha my bad, too late to edit now.

I thought big John would be good at commentating, I was wrong. Him and Goldie are the most boring commentators I've ever heard.
What dont you like about him? He was better with chael but he does a good job explaing most things.

You are right, but I have a hard time thinking Colby's striking is good enough to be significantly better than anyones.
i woldnt be so sure. i was not impressed by his striking defense against maia. maia even bloodied him up. that said, i did not catch the rda fight. how did his striking look?

What dont you like about him? He was better with chael but he does a good job explaing most things.
He lacks a personally tbh. If they are gonna place Big John in as a commentator they need a 3 man booth. Big John needs to be the straight guy that offers expertise on the reffing and technique. They need another guy to do the color commentating and make exciting calls.

Bellator 204: Caldwell vs Lahat
Friday 08/17/2018 at 6 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast:
Paramount Network
Venue: Sanford Pentagon

View attachment 422683

Main Card at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT/2AM UK on Paramount Network
FW: Bellator Bantamweight Champion Darrion Caldwell (11-1) vs Noad Lahat (12-3)
WW: Logan Storley (8-0) vs AJ Matthews (9-7)
BW: James Gallagher (7-0) vs Ricky Bandejas (10-1)
148 CW: Tywan Claxton (2-0) vs Cris Williams (4-1)

Preliminary Card at 6 PM ET/3 PM PT/11 AM UK on the Bellator App or at Bellator.com
WW: David Michaud (12-4) vs Corey Davis (3-0)
WW: Jason Jackson (7-3) vs Jordon Larson (9-4)
LW: Demarques Jackson (8-2) vs Bryce Logan (9-2)
LW: Troy Nawrocki (3-0) vs Omar Morales (6-0)
LW: Micah Peatrowsky (2-0) vs Keith Phathaem (0-0)
WW: Tyler Ray (2-1) vs Seth Bass (4-2)
200 CW: Romero Cotton (2-0) vs Willie Whitehead (2-2)
FLW: Lloyd McKinney (12-5) vs Robiel Tesfaldet (2-1)
MW: Wyatt Meyer (0-0) vs Jeff Nielsen (0-0)

Weigh-in Results
Darrion Caldwell (145.2) vs. Noad Lahat (146)
Logan Storley (170.2) vs. A.J. Matthews (169)
James Gallagher (135.4) vs. Ricky Bandejas (135.4)
Tywan Claxton (145.8) vs. Cris Lencioni (148.4) ^2

David Michaud (170.4) vs. Corey Davis (170.2)
Jason Jackson (171) vs. Jordon Larson (170.2)
Troy Nawrocki (155.4) vs. Omar Morales (155.8)
DeMarques Jackson (155.6) vs. Bryce Logan (155.6)
Micah Peatrowsky (154.2) vs. Keith Phathaem (155.8)
Tyler Ray (170.4) vs. Seth Bass (170.8)
Romero Cotton (185.4) vs. Willie Whitehead (200.2) ^1
Lloyd McKinney (125.4) vs. Robiel Tesfadelt (125.8)
Wyatt Meyer (182) vs. Jeff Nielsen (183.6)

^1 20% fine for Whitehead missing weight goes to Cotton.
^2 20% fine for Lencioni missing weight goes to Claxton.

Odds as of 5:30 PM ET
View attachment 422679

fc9RiCD.png

not seeing a play by play here?

Back