In your opinion does MJ hit harder than Conor?

Probably not. But I don't think Conor likes throwing with all his power very often either. He much seems to prefer using his accuracy and accumulation to put guys away. Which is a much safer approach since his opponents are usually much less capable of throwing heavy counters by the time he's inside. As much as we may love KOs as fans, it's often not the best strategy for fighters.

Always thought Michael Jackson was a little bit overrated

I think if Fili beats him he should go to Bellator but who knows? He's a veteran and they will probably keep him around 'cause he's well known to a degree but I think if he fought Barbosa, Poirier, Ferguson, etc in rematches he would lose.

In your opinion does Cowboy have better jits than Damien Maia?

MJ throws a lot in every shot. I'm not even sure if I'd say he's faster, certainly not more powerful.

Put it this way, if Khabib saw MJ's punches coming, with MJ being faster, do you reckon he would see Conor's strikes or is there another factor here like his angles?

obv you know there are other factors, you listed one - angles

also the fact they are two completely different fighters with different styles. Conor relying on his timing more than his power. Timing is everything.

MJ likely has more pure KO power and has extremely fast hands.

It matters not though because he's wildly inconsistent.

Conor isn't about freaky power, although he clearly has good power, he's about freaky good timing and accuracy. People always look befuddled by how quickly he covers ground and how cleanly the left lands.

It doesn't matter how much horse power you have all that matters is what gets to the rear wheels. Conor lands with a lot better frequency than MJ when it matters.

It's definitely close. MJ's speed and explosiveness are pretty ridiculous. However, in terms of accuracy it is not even close.

There is no need for the sarcasm. I genuinely wanted to discuss the subject.

Conors power is a little overstated but I would definitely rather take one from MJ given no choice.

Let's ask Nate.

Lol oh yeh. I think MJ was landing but not as clean as McG in both fights with Diaz. If MJ was landing with more flush shots, I would definitely have considered it! <45>

In terms of pure power yes, however Conor has better accuracy and placement and timing so he's a better KO artist and more likely to put you out

OK TS lets try and explain it to you one last time, "Precision beats power, and timing beats speed", Now, try and keep up will you.
giphy.gif

He hits harder and has much faster hands than Conor, but Conor has much better accuracy, precision, timing etc.

Conor doesn't hit harder than any of the other top LWs. He's just great at placing his shots.

I'd love to see Michael Johnson vs Conor McGregor spar or fight...

Back