In your opinion does MJ hit harder than Conor?

they both hit as hard as a vespa scooter

MJ might hit harder but Conor simply doesn’t miss. I would think Conor has more power but it’s hard to say. Conor’s precision and timing, as noted by his dick riders and haters alike, is unreal. You don’t need out of this world power when you hit the KO G spot as fluently as Conor does. It’s pretty fucking incredible regardless if he’s a douche or not.

I was just taking in to consideration that Conor finished Poirier but MJ finished him in a more emphatic fashion. I could be wrong, does a different division come in to play? Or am I missing something? Open to learn.
Everybody said it already but yeah, Conor is way more accurate, I would say they probably hit just as hard as each other.

Gotta love that a thread about comparing a specific aspect of Colin against another random fighter in a "do you think a or b is true" are basically the best responses, will always get so much of the "but but but he is better overall" or "he hits harder, but not as accurate/fast etc".

Another good one to ask the Colin Fairy Queens would be "Is Michael Johnson blacker than Colin?", Just to see the "but but but Conor listens to rap" or "he had a "tough" upbringing in his Dublin rich kid neighborhood", etc

Doesnt hit harder. But does have a faster speed. If only he was more accurate.

There's a big speed difference. MJ caught Poirier off-guard because the shot was so quick, Conor caught him because of timing and placement.

maybe, he's probably got the fastest hands at LW.

the skill/accuracy/timing difference is massive though.

Probably similar power, Conor's timing, placement and the fact that he's far more likely to keep calm when he hurts someone makes him a much more dangerous striker.

MJ has better speed and power with his hands, but he's not even in the same stratosphere where it matters most (and Connor says it himself), timing and precision. Nobody throws power punches with the level of accuracy that Connor does.

Probably not. But I don't think Conor likes throwing with all his power very often either. He much seems to prefer using his accuracy and accumulation to put guys away. Which is a much safer approach since his opponents are usually much less capable of throwing heavy counters by the time he's inside. As much as we may love KOs as fans, it's often not the best strategy for fighters.
Yeah, only when he spots a wide open opponent will he ever throw 100%, especially after learning a valuable lesson in Diaz 1.

I was just taking in to consideration that Conor finished Poirier but MJ finished him in a more emphatic fashion. I could be wrong, does a different division come in to play? Or am I missing something? Open to learn.

{<jordan}

No way, this man hits way harder.

I think MJ gets his power from his speed and Conor gets his power from his timing and accuracy.

I've watched every single available fight of MJ's and I've just never been blown away by his supposed fastest hands in the division (bearing in mind that he's now a FW). He's quick, sure, but he really doesn't seem to have a massive speed advantage over the classic MMA speedsters of all divisions like young Vitor, Pride Wanderlei, Jens Pulver, and Spencer Fisher or the modern LW's and FW's Eddie, Edgar, Mendes, Aldo, and Yair. He's very fast, but not necessarily more than the other quick fighters of the lighter divisions.

When I think of speedy hands, I think of guys like RJJ, Khan, Pacman and Maravilla and the speed discrepancies they had when matched against their contemporaries (yeah, obviously this is comparing two different sports, but bear with me) and I don't see MJ being that kinda fast. Prime Melvin Guillard, on the other hand...

But regardless, a chinny Poirier was finished more emphatically by MJ though? The Conor knockout was good but the MJ knockout makes you cringe a bit.
I agree.
giphy.webp

I have a feeling that Khabib is working on double legs in this camp.

I know very little about wrestling but I would be shocked if anybody could learn a double leg during a camp.

Put it this way, if Khabib saw MJ's punches coming, with MJ being faster, do you reckon he would see Conor's strikes or is there another factor here like his angles?

MJ is fast, but if it isn't a jab or a one-two, then it's usually just a wild combination, from the hips if you will. Fast, albeit not always accurate.

Conor is pretty fast, and maybe not as fast as MJ technically speaking. But the factor you're looking for is timing (and counters). You think Aldo or Eddie saw those coming? People shit on Conor for the Floyd fight, but these factors are how he was able to land on him at all. It's why (fresh) Conor was still beating Nate to the punch.

He seldomly wastes energy in the form of untimed, brawling or looping kinda strikes. If Khabib gets KO'd it won't be from a punch he saw coming or, at least, from one he has time to avoid.

Put it this way, if Khabib saw MJ's punches coming, with MJ being faster, do you reckon he would see Conor's strikes or is there another factor here like his angles?

Definitely another factor. Conor counters much better, stays calmer and has significantly better timing.

I know very little about wrestling but I would be shocked if anybody could learn a double leg during a camp.

Brother, I think Khabib knows how to double leg. He will be drilling the double leg during camp. Is there anyone here who thinks Khabib cant double leg?

v46s9

Last edited:
MJ knocks out gay conor faster than nate did.
Lol nate dismantled johnson with a fucking 1-2 and check hooks. MJ couldnt adjust to a fucking 1-2. Hes too wild, Conor would counter him all night like he did nate.

Back