Best footwork in the game apart from TJ??

I do not think their styles are all that similar. Both have great footwork but excel in different areas. Other guys that have have great footwork:
DJ - may be the best
J. Jones
Conor
Whittaker
Ferguson
Rose
Sergio Pettis
You’re right and I should have posted more with an explanation. They both have similar footwork now (TJ changed his entire style) but Cruz constantly moves in and out while TJ stalls more often.

Hot Take inbound:

I don't think Cruz or TJ have amazing footwork; it's just fancy. Footwork can also be seen as being in good position, forcing your opponent to move, etc.

Boxing Legends TV had a great video on this comparing Ali to someone else, I wish I could find it.

As far as who I think has the best footwork in MMA, hard question. McGregor is pretty good, I thought Aldo used to be pretty great; especially the way he defended against wrestlers, Till is looking good from a MT standpoint, Wonderboy has good karate footwork, etc.
That said, I'm not about to argue that Cruz and TJ aren't good at moving their feet. I just don't think it's the best ever seen.
It's not just fancy, I suggest you do some research before commenting

Woderboy has the best footwork by far in my opinion. That TJ shit is just silly and it will end soon.

Wonderboy is a fucking artist. He moves in that octagon like he's doing ballet.

Hot Take inbound:

I don't think Cruz or TJ have amazing footwork; it's just fancy. Footwork can also be seen as being in good position, forcing your opponent to move, etc.

Boxing Legends TV had a great video on this comparing Ali to someone else, I wish I could find it.

As far as who I think has the best footwork in MMA, hard question. McGregor is pretty good, I thought Aldo used to be pretty great; especially the way he defended against wrestlers, Till is looking good from a MT standpoint, Wonderboy has good karate footwork, etc.
That said, I'm not about to argue that Cruz and TJ aren't good at moving their feet. I just don't think it's the best ever seen.
Totally agree! Not a Conor fan, but he does have some deceptively great footwork.

Gaethje's footwork is good- but different to the norm. The dude cuts people off with minimal movement and makes sure that they engage. It might seem like he's just plodding forward but it's a lot more than that.

Gaethje's footwork is good- but different to the norm. The dude cuts people off with minimal movement and makes sure that they engage. It might seem like he's just plodding forward but it's a lot more than that.

Weidman is underrated in this aspect as well or atleast use to deservedly be. The way he cut the cage on Machida was a thing of beauty.

Hot Take inbound:

Just because it's intentionally flashy doesn't mean it isn't also very effective and technical

Probably Cody. He got stupid and brawled against TJ, but he made Cruz look like an amature.

Weidman is underrated in this aspect as well or atleast use to deservedly be. The way he cut the cage on Machida was a thing of beauty.

Weidman has excellent footwork

A guy as slow as him has been able to keep pace with some of the divisions fastest guys all because his footwork is on point

Probably Cody. He got stupid and brawled against TJ, but he made Cruz look like an amature.
I’m torn. I’m not sure if he was that slippery because of his footwork or due to his speed and great head movement.

Underrated footwork, not the best, Cejudo has seen massive improvent, Romero, Namajunas. I think TJ is the most successful at using his footwork to setup his attacks and his defense. Others are better at one or the other. TJ really took what Cruz was doing and made it his own. TJ changed some of Cruz looks and angles to maximize his offense and defense. I think TJ has moved well beyond a copy of Cruz.

Weidman has excellent footwork

A guy as slow as him has been able to keep pace with some of the divisions fastest guys all because his footwork is on point

His feints as well. Backs his man up with kick feints/TD feints wonderfully. Couple that with his footwork and he is usually the aggressor anytime he wants.

Back