Middle-class income rose above $61,000 for the first time last year, U.S. Census Bureau says

The US.
-Get your GED
-Join the Army
-half ass the ASVAB
-congrats on 88M MOS
-spend initial enlistment scrubbing shit off humvees and trucks while banking college money and earning more in pay and benefits than 50% of Americans.

Hell, just be a cop. most of them barely have a high school education (they actively recruit and prefer you NOT be well educated), yet get competitive wages, and some of the best benefits and pensions this country offers.

Yes and your thinking is unreasonable. Why should taxpayers feed the car wash owners employees while the owner makes mad profit? Shouldn’t the employer be responsible for taking care of employees and not rob them to increase his own riches.

Do car washes magically build themselves?

Should the person who made the investment, and took all the risk, not be rewarded for their effort?

How would you go about making an unskilled and unqualified (for other jobs) worker make enough money to sustain themselves without assistance? How does John Doe go from making minimum, or even below minimum wage, to $17 an hour at the local car wash while keeping the entire economy in tact. Realistically explain your plan.

Is that how you think it works? What if mom and pop car wash can't afford to pay higher than the absolute minimum for employees of the car wash? Should they pay $17 an hour to all staff and go out of business because they can't afford to pay the salaries of their staff? Explain your solution to this scenario in detail.
Mom and pop have been getting the fuckstick as well. It seems your position is to let the country turn into a third world shithole

You're making a lot of assumptions about my position without actually asking what that position is. Why is that? I haven't made any assumptions or suggestions about yours, and have stuck only to the topic. Care to explain why you are unable to do the same?

I asked you a question. You could answer it and clarify your position. It was pretty clear.. I´ll ask it again if you like. You really think that someone working full time should rely on assistance just to live?

More importantly and back to the discussion, what countries does someone with no education and no experience make a livable wage washing cars? I'm listening. Name the countries that someone working 35 hours at the car wash makes enough money to sustain themselves without assistance.

There are no people "working 35 hours at a car wash" here. That´s simply not a job that exists. Most car washes a usually part of a gas station or a large automated station. I stated, full time job, should equal a livable wage. There are people working gas stations or McD full time that earn livable wages. Full time is 37 hour weeks here.
I think that if "working 35 hours at a car wash" is a full time job where you live, that should pay a livable wage. I´m not saying caviar and mansions.

Do car washes magically build themselves?

Should the person who made the investment, and took all the risk, not be rewarded for their effort?
I worked for a guy that had a car wash. He paid me damn well and treated me like a human. Bought lunch everyday for his employees and also worked his ass off. I also worked at a dealership. They paid shit and treated me worse than shit. They’d even have me go pick up breakfast for the sales team on Saturday mornings. Do you think they ever asked me if I wanted to order something?

You're making a lot of assumptions about my position without actually asking what that position is. Why is that? I haven't made any assumptions or suggestions about yours, and have stuck only to the topic. Care to explain why you are unable to do the same?

More importantly and back to the discussion, what countries does someone with no education and no experience make a livable wage washing cars? I'm listening. Name the countries that someone working 35 hours at the car wash makes enough money to sustain themselves without assistance.
I assume you like your tax dollars going to help feed some people who work full time jobs for the richest family in America because the Waltons can’t pay a living wage. Maybe you can volunteer to go wash the waltons fleet of cars. Hep them save some more money.

I worked for a guy that had a car wash. He paid me damn well and treated me like a human. Bought lunch everyday for his employees and also worked his ass off. I also worked at a dealership. They paid shit and treated me worse than shit. They’d even have me go pick up breakfast for the sales team on Saturday mornings. Do you think they ever asked me if I wanted to order something?

I don’t care if they asked you if you wanted lunch.

If you didn’t have enough knowledge and skill to allow you to quit, and be more desirable to society and therefore earn a fair wage, then you deserve to be exactly where you are.

Every person I know earns a living comparable to the amount of dedication they had to their education, and making themselves a more desirable employee.

If you slacked, and life sucks, that’s your fault.

If you didn’t have enough knowledge and skill to allow you to quit, and be more desirable to society and therefore earn a fair wage, then you deserve to be exactly where you are.

Every person I know earns a living comparable to the amount of dedication they had to their education, and making themselves a more desirable employee.

It was breakfast. Great comprehension skills you got there.

economics7.gif

Doesn't apply when price of supply (cost of living) is partially paid for by the tax payer. That is exactly the problem.

Doesn't apply when price of supply (cost of living) is partially paid for by the tax payer. That is exactly the problem.
I was talking about why someone working at a car wash doesn't make "a living wage". It's because the supply of people who can work at a car wash is so great they don't make much, while say an accountant who "is just moving numbers on a spreadsheet in the AC" is a more scare resource thus they get paid more. Obviously there are many more factors, but that is the base concept of the value of jobs.

And you are happy to partially fund that companies workers?

Any job that doesn't create enough value to support its worker should be destroyed, not supported.

And you are happy to partially fund that companies workers?

Any job that doesn't create enough value to support its worker should be destroyed, not supported.

The reality is we need a social safety net.

However,

I would make it smaller myself. If you’re able bodied, you shouldn’t receive benefits. We can thank democrats for rewarding people who are too lazy to be productive citizens.

The US middle wage is 3rd world dogshit that has stagnated while expenses have risen exponentially. Adjusted for inflation the US minimum wage was at it´s best in 1968.

It's too bad we haven't had a Democrat as president since 1968. We should give them a shot at fixing it, I think.

I wonder, crazy thought, but I wonder if illegal immigrants lower the wages for low-skilled workers?

So, you have no actual skills or knowledge that would have made you more desirable.

Got it...
I probably make more than you.
There you go with that comprehension again. I was talking about a job I worked at. Worked. That’s past tense.

Not impressive.....this shit pay would be garbage in the 1950s.

No it wouldn't.

Why are they reporting median growth, instead of the growth of the average Americans wealth, or wages?

Is it because when you count median wealth, it allows for Jeff bezos becoming 50 billion richer, to be misrepresented and infer I somehow got a piece of that pie?

It's OK not to know the meaning of words, even common ones like "median," but it's not OK to *use* words you don't know the meaning of and never even think to look them up. Do better.

Back