Proper 12 - Conor releases an alcopop which cannot be sold in Ireland as whiskey - I just ordered 2

Whisky and whiskey - grain, malt and water. Maybe carmel if you're bottom self supermarket and your product hasn't been aged long enough.

That's bullshit too. Some very fine whiskies have caramel colouring added, if only to make the different batches more uniform in colour.

Do you drink much whisky at all?

hmm I'm not sure they added vanilla.
read some whiskey taste notes, some people say this whiskey has plum and apple notes, or honey or dried fruits
doesn't mean they added those

Only Conor haters would become whiskey experts in an attempt to discredit Conor. I'm looking forward to the first sherdogger to complete their PhD in "why Conor is all hype and the aldo punch was a fluke" - thankfully PhD's at brazilian universities are about as real as their BJJ black belts so no one would give a shit.

It's made in the Bushmills distillery, I'm pretty sure they know what they have to do in order to comply with whatever standards are required of a whiskey, and if you go there they will tell you all about how this whiskey has hints of this and this other whiskey has hints of that, it's about how they age it in the cask, they aren't adding a teaspoon of honey and vanilla before they seal the bottle....

They know what to do to sell shite in America which has zero food standards.

“Irish whiskey” is a legally protected designation in Europe and must follow standards.

Here is how whiskey is defined

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/medi...ctednames/IrishWhiskeytechnicalfile141114.pdf

"“Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is made from natural raw materials, 100% malted barley, water and yeast. Other natural enzymes may also be used at the brewing and fermentation stage. Malted barley is produced to individual specification by dedicated malting companies, which may be un-peated or peated in character. By using 100% malted barley, “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” has distinctive smooth, velvet, full and oily texture with a malty and sweet taste. “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is defined as a spirit made from a mash of 100% malted barley and: a) saccharified by the diastase of malt contained therein, with or without other natural enzymes; b) fermented by the action of yeast; c) distilled in pot stills in such manner that the distillate has an aroma and taste derived from the materials used."

Now take a look at the bottle

20180921_155227-02-jpeg.439817

Vanilla and honey added plus some BS about toasted wood.

"If so desired and prior to bottling, the blender may use the only additive which is permitted for Irish whiskey, namely plain caramel colouring (E150a)." - not fucking honey and vanilla.
TS, what's all this noise I'm hearing about it tasting like almost pure rubbing alcohol at 1st than hard on the throat after? Not whiskey you say?

TS still can’t afford a bottle of proper 12.

hmm I'm not sure they added vanilla.
read some whiskey taste notes, some people say this whiskey has plum and apple notes, or honey or dried fruits
doesn't mean they added those

Take a look at the bottle.

I love how many people are mad about this, lol. All alcohol is piss, TS. It all tastes fucking awful and the buzz it can give you is not that great either. Anybody that drinks for taste is a goof that shouldn’t be trusted, too.

This makes me want to drink whiskey and watch American collegiate hand-egg all day

Oh and it's name would probably fall under misleading advertising - because EU courts care about selling something pretending to be 12 years old instead of being 3 years of shite that other distilleries or supermarkets didn't want - WHICH IS WHY THEY ADDED FUCKING HONEY AND VANILLA BECAUSE IT'S piss.

Most people don't drink whiskey, he wants it to appeal to the masses rather than the Connoseiurs.

They're tasting notes you fucking halfwit

It does not actually have honey or vanilla added to it

I suppose if it was described as having a hint of tobacco (as some whiskey does) you would think that the distiller actually added cigarettes to the whiskey.

Why do people make threads about things they know nothing about?

Last edited:
Sugary drink with alcohol.

Whisky and whiskey - grain, malt and water. Maybe carmel if you're bottom self supermarket and your product hasn't been aged long enough.

Last time I drank shit with carmel was twenty years ago and I may have molested a horse on the way home.
It was probably not a horse but a gentleman hung like a horse.

Here is how whiskey is defined

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/medi...ctednames/IrishWhiskeytechnicalfile141114.pdf

"“Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is made from natural raw materials, 100% malted barley, water and yeast. Other natural enzymes may also be used at the brewing and fermentation stage. Malted barley is produced to individual specification by dedicated malting companies, which may be un-peated or peated in character. By using 100% malted barley, “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” has distinctive smooth, velvet, full and oily texture with a malty and sweet taste. “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is defined as a spirit made from a mash of 100% malted barley and: a) saccharified by the diastase of malt contained therein, with or without other natural enzymes; b) fermented by the action of yeast; c) distilled in pot stills in such manner that the distillate has an aroma and taste derived from the materials used."

Now take a look at the bottle

20180921_155227-02-jpeg.439817

Vanilla and honey added plus some BS about toasted wood.

"If so desired and prior to bottling, the blender may use the only additive which is permitted for Irish whiskey, namely plain caramel colouring (E150a)." - not fucking honey and vanilla.
You dumb cunt.

Nothing to see here, folks. TS apparently made this thread to inform everyone about how clueless he is about whisky.

Back