Two police officers shot after serving warrant on wrong address

He apparently injured both officers with a single shotgun blast. Hit one cop in the hand and the other in the shoulder. That could have been much, much worse. Everybody involved is lucky that nobody was killed.

LOL, this case is amazing. No more of this horseshit about not being able to shoot cops making a mistake without facing charges.

I'm really happy the cops didn't die as a result of their mistake, but I'm even happier they didn't injure the homeowner. This guy sounds like an amazing American, btw:

What a stud. Defended his life, family, and property, but didn't hold a grudge, and immediately identified the mistake. That's what gave him the best chance to survive. His behavior couldn't have been more perfect.

This is the demeanor to adopt in these situations. Pay attention, cop-haters.
I agree. And I talk a lot about holding the police accountable for their actions and mistakes, that doesn't remotely mean I hate them. That often gets confused and I think it's important I clarify. And I know I'm not alone.

tumblr_ow0zvjefQL1rohg16o8_400.gif

This happens more then you think, most cases just have gag orders.

Ray Rosas a hispanic man shot 3 of them, legally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-rosas/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.07c4633f4ccc
"And that’s the position in which Ray Rosas found himself in February 2015. So he reached for his gun, which he owned legally, and fired at the intruders. He shot and wounded three raiding police officers."

Henry Magee killed one as well
"By the time the raid was over, Deputy Adam Sowder was dead. Magee shot him as Sowder and his fellow deputies attempted to force their way into Magee’s home. "
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-raid-on-henry-magee/?utm_term=.fcff411f398c

Jessie Murray a black man also has killed one...
"Murray’s account of what happened during a 2014 bar fight was that Forest Park police Officer Nathan Adams jumped Murray and Murray accidentally shot and killed Adams. "
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/murd...-death-former-officer/yGKSqDSNl1GUdlBbRcLJ4N/

Its 100 percent legal to kill a pig. Fight for your life if need be these people will not hesitate to kill you.

Statues stating its legal to defend yourself from pigs.(other then castle law, stand your ground,and a like)

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State,
136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S.,177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).
“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

“Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally. In his own writings, he had admitted that ‘a situation could arise in which the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.’ There would be no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story concluded, ‘If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never provided for by human institutions.’ That was the ‘ultimate right of all human beings in extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply force against ruinous injustice.’” (From Mutiny on the Amistad by Howard Jones, Oxford University Press, 1987, an account of the reading of the decision in the case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: “The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)."

This happens more then you think, most cases just have gag orders.

Ray Rosas a hispanic man shot 3 of them, legally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-rosas/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.07c4633f4ccc
"And that’s the position in which Ray Rosas found himself in February 2015. So he reached for his gun, which he owned legally, and fired at the intruders. He shot and wounded three raiding police officers."

Henry Magee killed one as well
"By the time the raid was over, Deputy Adam Sowder was dead. Magee shot him as Sowder and his fellow deputies attempted to force their way into Magee’s home. "
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-raid-on-henry-magee/?utm_term=.fcff411f398c

Jessie Murray a black man also has killed one...
"Murray’s account of what happened during a 2014 bar fight was that Forest Park police Officer Nathan Adams jumped Murray and Murray accidentally shot and killed Adams. "
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/murd...-death-former-officer/yGKSqDSNl1GUdlBbRcLJ4N/

Its 100 percent legal to kill a pig. Fight for your life if need be these people will not hesitate to kill you.

Statues stating its legal to defend yourself from pigs.(other then castle law, stand your ground,and a like)

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State,
136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S.,177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).
“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

“Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally. In his own writings, he had admitted that ‘a situation could arise in which the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.’ There would be no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story concluded, ‘If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never provided for by human institutions.’ That was the ‘ultimate right of all human beings in extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply force against ruinous injustice.’” (From Mutiny on the Amistad by Howard Jones, Oxford University Press, 1987, an account of the reading of the decision in the case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: “The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)."
Excellent post

LoL

In before someone says what a dangerous job cops have, which after some research I found out not to be true. Hell your local garbage man's job is much more dangerous than that of a cop

I worked construction. A scaffolding board broke and I fell over 20 feet. Shit is real out there.

Man, hope the guy isn't charged for this

I wouldn't want to be held accountable for my split second reaction to someone breaking down my front door

I'm sure the results of this will hinge on if they identified themselves as police clearly enough before breaking down the door and homeowner deciding if his life was in danger enough to need to use lethal force

Glad officers survived (and in a roundabout way, that he hit them well enough they weren't able to draw their own weapons and return fire and kill him)

Always found this to be stupid...just because they yell chips
Cops doesn't mean they are cops. If I'm a crook doing a home invasion I'm gonna yell cops as I break down the door.

This is a best case situation. If someone bust in my door unknown I am blasting away too, but the second they announce they are police I will yell I surrender and toss my gun, hands in the air. I'd be upset but we can all figure it out later.

Glad to see a situation where it was handled great by all involved.

Hopefully robbers won't just yell police then.

I am really glad the homeowner, nor his daughter were injured, and that the officers were not killed.

I can’t understand how police departments make a mistake like this. Going on the tip of an informant, without confirming or investigating the location is careless and lazy. Good on the chief for recognizing that his department was deficient in the way they executed And obtained search warrants.

LoL

In before someone says what a dangerous job cops have, which after some research I found out not to be true. Hell your local garbage man's job is much more dangerous than that of a cop

Oh, here we go again with this stupid list of dangerous jobs. Garbage men are injured at a rate of 53 injuries per 100 workers; and killed at 55/100,000 workers. The majority of injuries are back and muscle strains from lifting heavy bags and cuts from broken glass. The deaths are almost exclusively from accidents. The garbage truck involved in an accident and the guys on the back are thrown from the vehicle, or a vehicle tries to go around the garbage truck and hits one of the guys loading trash. There are around 110,000 garbage collectors in the US.

This is in no way comparable to the danger of someone purposely trying to kill police officers. The rate of injury for officers is 458 per 10,000 workers, or about 45 per 100, close to the 52/100 for garbage workers. The death rate for officers is about 15 per 100,000, but there are ten times as many police officers which would drive that rate way down.

The causes of the majority of police officers killed in the line of duty can vary from year to year. One year; the highest deaths are due to traffic accidents, same as garbage men; but there are other years where accidents only account for 40% and 55% is due To murder and animal attacks; with usually less than 5% due to heart attacks or other health causes, such as fire.

Either way, there is an enormous difference between fearing that you may strain a muscle lifting stuff, get cut, or the worst injuries are due to moving motor vehicle accidents. How is that comparable to having people attack officerwn. No way is waiting for a possible accident worse than someone trying to kill you.

Oh, here we go again with this stupid list of dangerous jobs. Garbage men are injured at a rate of 53 injuries per 100 workers; and killed at 55/100,000 workers. The majority of injuries are back and muscle strains from lifting heavy bags and cuts from broken glass. The deaths are almost exclusively from accidents. The garbage truck involved in an accident and the guys on the back are thrown from the vehicle, or a vehicle tries to go around the garbage truck and hits one of the guys loading trash. There are around 110,000 garbage collectors in the US.

This is in no way comparable to the danger of someone purposely trying to kill police officers. The rate of injury for officers is 458 per 10,000 workers, or about 45 per 100, close to the 52/100 for garbage workers. The death rate for officers is about 15 per 100,000, but there are ten times as many police officers which would drive that rate way down.

The causes of the majority of police officers killed in the line of duty can vary from year to year. One year; the highest deaths are due to traffic accidents, same as garbage men; but there are other years where accidents only account for 40% and 55% is due To murder and animal attacks; with usually less than 5% due to heart attacks or other health causes, such as fire.

Either way, there is an enormous difference between fearing that you may strain a muscle lifting stuff, get cut, or the worst injuries are due to moving motor vehicle accidents. How is that comparable to having people attack officerwn. No way is waiting for a possible accident worse than someone trying to kill you.

Do you die twice if some criminal kills you as opposed to being crushed by a machiene?

Seems like you are just as dead either way

LoL

Meh. Doesn't mean a cops job isn't dangerous. It's also hard to avoid getting shot whereas other jobs you can do more to lessen the danger.

Last edited:

Wow I have a whole new hespect for garbage collectors. Never realized how dangerous the job is.

Nope, check the stats from the bureau of labor statistics I posted a page back.

Also "Most policemen killed on the job die in accidents (mostly auto), not from firearm assault, according to the FBI.
According to FBI figures (which are slightly different than other tabulations), 14 of the 76 police deaths in 2013, nation-wide, were due to auto accidents —- when the officer wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Tragic for sure. <Lmaoo>"

Last edited:
Imagine all cops went on strike? It would be Mad Max in 3 hours. Total fucking Cheos.
Bullshit. That's exactly what they want you to think.. But there is no evidence !!

Give me a cop-free day any day.

Back