'I shot a whole family of baboons'

There's nothing objectively wrong with what he's done. You may disagree with hunting but nothing objectively wrong with it.

If you believe that there is anything that is "objectively wrong," then murdering a living being for no purpose other than the enjoyment of killing it absolutely has to make the list.

However, your concept of objective morality is stupid and is not a stipulation that is useful to any conversation. There's nothing "objectively wrong" about just about anything we condemn as citizens.

giphy.gif

<Lmaoo>

What do you mean??? Let’s look at the facts here:
-he broke no laws
-he did follow the standard of the country he was in by hunting legally.

So how does this information bring into question his ability to do his job?

Sets standards for other people, leaves country doesn't follow own standards he sets on other people. Basic right winger shit.

Sets standards for other people, leaves country doesn't follow own standards he sets on other people. Basic right winger shit.

No, if he was setting standards then not following them in his own country that would be bullshit. He broke no laws in the country he was in so there is no crime and no nefarious activity to call into question.

Sorry.

Do you believe in evolution? Doesn't that require a lot of cruel bloodshed against the weak? Is killing the weak objectively wrong when the whole reason we're so developed is because of the suffering of the weak lesser forms before us?

Why do lifeforms have to "deserve it" in order to be killed?

If this hunt brought another animal (humans) emotional satisfaction why does your judgemental emotions of discuss trump his perspective?

So edgy and intelligent.

Random question that is somewhat related, and very related to the topic at hand.

How do you feel about people lavishing wild animals they do not understand with raw adulation?

How do you know he dosent understand? How do you know the meat wasn’t salvaged by villagers??? When did you become an expert on the subject???

Australia ought to have to post the pussy hairs of each poster posting on international forums

No, if he was setting standards then not following them in his own country that would be bullshit. He broke no laws in the country he was in so there is no crime and no nefarious activity to call into question.

Sorry.

How do the laws in oth

You sound like a total sociopath, where oh where did your parents go wrong?

But I'm not a sociopath. I'm a Christian fellow with a strong belief in objective moral values. I like to play devils advocate games with secular moralizers in an attempt to show them how dangerous atheism is to the foundation of objective moral truths.

I think that evolution and atheism can lead people into moral relativism and nihilism which is dangerous to a society.

How do you know he dosent understand? How do you know the meat wasn’t salvaged by villagers??? When did you become an expert on the subject???

Please read my question in the opposite way.

I am not being sarcastic or baiting you, I would like to know your opinion as someone who is close to nature living in a natural place.

As someone who has experience with wild animals and hunting, I would like to know how you see modern man/woman's view of nature compared to the reality.

If you believe that there is anything that is "objectively wrong," then murdering a living being for no purpose other than the enjoyment of killing it absolutely has to make the list.

However, your concept of objective morality is stupid and is not a stipulation that is useful to any conversation. There's nothing "objectively wrong" about just about anything we condemn as citizens.

While I have been trying to make a point about the inherent violence and depravity of S. Sapeins, how wild animals are not our friends or cuddly pets et al.

Morally speaking, I could not agree more - it is good and wholesome we get away form behavior that would want to see an entire family of primates slaughtered for man's sick entertainment.

That should be a point of agreement, even on a website where we all enjoy human cock fights.

Please read my question in the opposite way.

I am not being sarcastic or baiting you, I would like to know your opinion as someone who is close to nature living in a natural place.

As someone who has experience with wild animals and hunting, I would like to know how you see modern man/woman's view of nature compared to the reality.
Don’t you live in China?

Asians are responsible for endangered species, not trophy hunters

<Lmaoo>
"Murdering"
Morally charged subjectivist term.
Is it murder when millions of healthy unborn children are killed each year?

Is it murder when millions of vermin are exterminated each year in american households?

Was it murder when millions and millions of lesser evolved creatures were cruelly killed to make way for more advanced versions? After all that's how humans supposedly got here.

"However, your concept of objective morality is stupid"

Not an argument and yeah I guess objective morality would be stupid to a guy who named his sherdog avatar after a totalitarian radical murderous bolshevik leader.

Don’t you live in China?

Asians are responsible for endangered species, not trophy hunters

I do not disagree, and largely the Chinese are for purposes of Chinese black magic aka Chinese medicine.

What's the point as per the dead family of baboons? That's my objection, "I killed the whole bunch of them!" is there a reason for that? Were they a menace to the village, or did he just want to put a bullet through some critters?

Killing invasive prairie dogs by the bundle = OK by me, and as per human nature, one might come to enjoy seeing the vermin choke and die, because they are recognized as such. I don't think it's healthy to have too much joy in killing, or good for us, but the inclination is there, strongly so... oh you legions of CoD fans.

Killing a whole family of primates, and putting it in that way (even if baboons are jerkoffs of nature) = Not savory, and the kind of thing we want to distance ourselves from as people.

How do the laws in the country he was hunting in, stand up to the laws he helped make? If they were way less effective than the laws he helps make, then he is a hypocrite and has no business making laws for other people to follow. He would obviously lack the morals that the people should expect from those making laws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back