Askren thinks he can beat Khabib "50-44"

"Undefeated against russians" sounds silly in regards to Khabib. Askren fought 2 one dimensional strikers which were a very comfortable match up for him. Actually almost all of his wins were against pure strikers with bad TDD. When he fought Jay Hieron who was the only opponent with a wrestling base he struggled and barely edged a split decision. Khabib beats him without any problems, their wrestling would cancel each other out and on the feet Khabib is better. Asken's striking is just awful, even Jake Shields' stand up is better.

Hyping a fight:

Most fighters:
'I will finish him in the first round!'

Ben Askren:
'I would totally Unanimous Decision him!'

{<jordan}

Askren and Khabib are similar grappling level but Khabib is much more athletic so Id favor Khabib in this fight.

50-43 imo, 4th and 5th will be 10-8 rounds while looking like

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

Askren would teach Khabib what is wrestling.

Sure has a high opinion of himself, for having never fought anyone at the highest level in MMA.

Askren is bigger and pretty dam strong. His funk style wrestling/bjj is about as unorthodox as Khabib's sambo/grappling and very similar in MMA.

Last edited:
I just want to see Khabib finally fight a legit wrestler at some point.

GSP, Askren, Lee, Woodley ect if he manages to get past Ferguson.

Khabib would outpunch him on the feet and win a decision.

"Undefeated against russians" sounds silly in regards to Khabib. Askren fought 2 one dimensional strikers which were a very comfortable match up for him. Actually almost all of his wins were against pure strikers with bad TDD. When he fought Jay Hieron who was the only opponent with a wrestling base he struggled and barely edged a split decision. Khabib beats him without any problems, their wrestling would cancel each other out and on the feet Khabib is better. Asken's striking is just awful, even Jake Shields' stand up is better.
You think he might have wrestled Russian before with his international career?
  • 2010 Cerro Pelado International Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
  • 2010 Dave Schultz Memorial International Open Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
  • 2009 Hargobind International Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
  • 2009 Sunkist Kids International Open Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist
  • 2008 Kiev International Senior Freestyle Bronze Medalist
  • 2007 NYAC Holiday International Open Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist
  • 2007 Hargobind International Tournament Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist

I'd rather watch Askren vs Danis in a grappling comp honestly.

Askren is too big for Khabib.

Myself, Chandler, Askren, who else beats Khabib?

Sorry BEN.....but outside of hardcore MMA fans, nobody knows WTF you are. So you can call out all you want, but as far as most people are concerned, you are retired. Not sure the reason why you aren't in the UFC. You must be a real DB for Dana not to like you. So enjoy your retirement. Ya ain't sniffin any of that big Khabib money...no matter how loud you scream.

What's Askren's deal? He beat Lima and Koreshkov and thinks he's one of the best fighters in the world, yet has never fought in the UFC. Just puzzling. You'd think the competitor in him would want to join the organization ASAP.

Back