Conors assesment of the fight

He is giving his analysis and some of you are jumping on him for "excuses", as usual. You just want athletes to keep their mouths shut beyond "good game" and "he was the better man".

I disagree that he won round 1, but he seems to have good insight as to how he lost the rounds he lost.

Face it, you and I and everyone do these analyses after losing a match in any sport, even if only from memory. Conor just happens to post it for the public to see, and all hell breaks loose when the haters grab their pitchforks cause Conor "isn't taking responsibility"....uhhh k sure...
i'm always pissed when people scream "excuses" any time a fighter gives their opinion on why they lost. i mean come on, they stick a mic in front of everyone and ask them what went wrong, and unless the guy says "he beat the shit out of me", it's always called an excuse. that's stupid, and i actually do want to hear what guys really think about their fights. this isn't that, though. look at the wording of that shit.

khabib only won the first round from a "sport" perspective, and from a "fight" perspective conor won. he conveniently forgets that in a fight perspective, the round doesn't end. it just goes on with khabib putting the presh on him.

in the second round khabib was "blessed" with a right hand. no, motherfucker, he hit you on the chin and dropped your ass to the mat. was conor blessed with a left hand on aldo? get the fuck out of here. and after dropping him, khabib "disengaged", lol. he picked him up and slammed him, then proceeded to beat the living shit out of him. that's about as far from disengaging as it gets. in fact, he was engaging him so much, i would've expected the ref to stop that fight if it was anyone other than conor getting his face bashed in.

of course he says he didn't prepare for stand up at all. he also didn't prepare for ground offense, or conditioning. so what exactly did he prepare for?

he will be back "fully prepared", again insinuating he wasn't prepared this time.

he also forgets to mention that he grabbed the fence several times, stuck his fingers in khabib's gloves, kneed him in the head when they were both down, and held his shorts several times. he fought a dirty fight and got owned, and now he's trying to make it seem as if he didn't get dominated and finished.

Why would he even post this? He got mauled from bell to bell, would have been a lot better if he just did not say anything about it other than some generic shit like "he was the better man that night".

He was talking about Gaps in his prep, and he did give the man plenty of credit. I am sure he did not give him any respect for the striking in camp. That is likely true. His take on the fight was fair enough IMO. You have to sell a potential rematch. To simply go on and on about how great your opponent is, does not exactly do that..
Why would a pro fighter say anything different? He said “well played” to Khabib, acknowledging that he did the right things. He also owned the things he screwed up.

That all seems pretty fair. He doesn’t need to say more than that since we all saw Khabib make Conor his bitch.
You don't have to dance around saying "This guy did this extremely well. He is a good fighter" to sell a rematch. Saying well played is not that. Especially when he's not giving Khabib credit for his actual skill. Just saying that it was a mix of luck and bad prep. That's not giving credit. I'd honestly have been instantly sold if he was more objective about it. It would have made me confident that he would make the right changes. This did the opposite for me.

But that's just like my opinion, man. If it doesn't bother you than cool. I just don't care for this kind of stuff for personal reasons

Laughable list of excuses as per usual when he loses. Yet his fans will bang on about how humble he is??
He had another man in the octagon helping him yet he still crys about being taken down and smashed; calling it disengaging! What a pathetic c**t.
Feed him to Tony next. Wonder what his excuse will be when Ferg beats him up and has him tapping.

upload_2018-10-23_9-13-12.png
350_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_yells_at_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Did you actually read it?

He said the fight went exactly how he expected it to go, with the one big exception being that he underestimated Khabib's standup and got rocked in round 2 which changed the momentum of the rest of the fight, which is what happens to everybody when they get rocked. Just look at Eddie Alvarez.

His critique of Khabib was in round 1, when McGregor was the aggressor early but Khabib took him down and basically ran out the clock, doing zero damage. There's a reason the entire arena was booing during round 1.
Really? Was Khabib just supposed to box Conor because that was a boxing match or an MMA match? What are you talking about?

What do you enjoy most about watching him fight?

His stiff, slow bad standup ?

His glass jaw?

or his post loss "humble" excuse full analysis?
Couple of things
1) his fights are entertaining

2) he brings in revenue to many of my businesses

3) i enjoy seeing others get wealthy and admire the hard work they put

Thanks for asking

Last edited:
To me this makes me think maybe he's learning a thing or two. Good signs.

Laughable list of excuses as per usual when he loses. Yet his fans will bang on about how humble he is??
He had another man in the octagon helping him yet he still crys about being taken down and smashed; calling it disengaging! What a pathetic c**t.
Feed him to Tony next. Wonder what his excuse will be when Ferg beats him up and has him tapping.
Yeah, plus he was sticking his tongue out like a quivering coward dog !

Diaz 3 then Khabib 2. It makes perfect sense from every angle. Everything else is too risky.

Conor's opponents in the past "lucky punch, you can't even call that a fight", "short notice, I'd whoop your ass if given more time". And these guys don't improve.

And by next in line he means Diaz as opposed to an actual top contender

Because he said that he wants to build back up to the match, which is commendable.

Instead of whining that he ain't getting a rematch.

Back