UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

This. Julio has mean grappling & paces very well. Can’t picture Moraes taking a decision against him. Moraes most likely path to victory is KO/TKO although I think he will get subbed by Julio (who is an absolute savage on the ground).

I still think Julio is a lock but that’s just my opinion

I actually doubt we see much, if any grappling in this fight. Julio seems to have decent grappling, but he is a tiger schulman striker who doesn't look to wrestle that often, unless his opponent initiates it. He could look to take Moraes down late when he tires, but Moraes has good tdd when hes fresh.

I actually doubt we see much, if any grappling in this fight. Julio seems to have decent grappling, but he is a tiger schulman striker who doesn't look to wrestle that often, unless his opponent initiates it. He could look to take Moraes down late when he tires, but Moraes has good tdd when hes fresh.

Would you take a stab at fight doesn't go distance?

Vannata split time ahead of UFC 230 at Cerrone’s BMF Ranch, as well as a gym that some friends opened that is actually in the same building as the old Jackson Wink MMA facility.

I still think Arce by sub is a likely outcome

Vannata split time ahead of UFC 230 at Cerrone’s BMF Ranch, as well as a gym that some friends opened that is actually in the same building as the old Jackson Wink MMA facility.

So is this good news, bad news, or somewhere in-between for Vanatta backers? Seems like it would be a positive change to get out of such a hostile atmosphere, if that was actually the case as he's saying.

The fact that his quality of opponent has dramatically dropped is probably going to help as well, lol.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...dds-tickets-predictions-and-pre-weigh-in-hype

"I have huge respect for Chris Weidman," Souza said, per Guilherme Cruz of MMA Fighting. "I like him as a person and as an athlete, but I see it as a rematch. I feel like he had already defeated me before. He has defeated many [Brazilians], and I'm going there like if he had defeated me as well—and I never lose twice to the same person, so I'm very confident."

Souza about to get that Gegard revenge... Souza by rear naked choke, round 3 against Weidman. Book it... :eek:<45>

Ohmbet offers some special bets for this card...

Derrick Lewis to eat Popeyes chicken inside the octagon @ 10.00

Derrick Lewis takes his shorts off inside the octagon @ 6.00

Is this you @piglord ?

Finished Souza/Weidman tape and think the lines are wide and Jacare actually has a good shot at KO'ing Chris. If Kelvin didn't have an absolutely GOAT chin he would've gotten flatlined by some of the shots Jacare landed in rd2. Chris relies on his wrestling a lot to win rounds and I am not sure that will be an option here. Action so far:

.75u Jacare +169
1u Jacare NSC +100
.25u Jacare KO +835

Im Weidmans fan and since he got champ I was worried about his matchup with Jacare. Sorry Chris

Im Weidmans fan and since he got champ I was worried about his matchup with Jacare. Sorry Chris
That is worrying for Jacare this fight would be like revenge for him and his Brazilians that lost Chris had beaten. So Jacare does clearly have a shot in this one.

Cormier/Lewis over 1.5 rounds +145 at Ladbrokes, over 2.5 +333. Regretting that I already played fight starts round 2 at -140

Cormier KO -105

J/K two $50 limited max bets sent it back to -160, smh.

Finished Souza/Weidman tape and think the lines are wide and Jacare actually has a good shot at KO'ing Chris. If Kelvin didn't have an absolutely GOAT chin he would've gotten flatlined by some of the shots Jacare landed in rd2. Chris relies on his wrestling a lot to win rounds and I am not sure that will be an option here. Action so far:

.75u Jacare +169
1u Jacare NSC +100
.25u Jacare KO +835

Jacare does have sneaky power, but I feel that Weidman’s shots in R3 vs Gastelum were bigger than Jacare’s in R2

Cormier/Lewis over 1.5 rounds +145 at Ladbrokes, over 2.5 +333. Regretting that I already played fight starts round 2 at -140

Wait you mean that it's +145 for the fight to last more than 1.5 rounds?

I think that's excellent.

Wait you mean that it's +145 for the fight to last more than 1.5 rounds?

I think that's excellent.
Yes. Yeah I also think it's a great bet. I put 1.5u on over 1.5 and 0.4u on over 2.5, but I already got 1.5u on fight starts round 2 and 0.7u on Lewis ml +570. So I don't wanna go bigger on it and risk to lose over 4u if DC were to finish in the first round, which is very possible

Last edited:
Yes. Yeah I also think it's a great bet. I put 1.5u on over 1.5 and 0.4u on over 2.5, but I already got 1.5u on fight starts round 2 and 0.7u on Lewis ml +570. So I don't wanna go bigger on it and risk over 4u loss if DC were to finish in the first, which is very possible

Both guys are going to be very cautious so yeah it s excellent math IMO.

Back