Betsy DeVos and the Trump administration battle the #metoo movement

Wait, can you have to defend yourself against a phantom in court right now?

Well....Aren't you a Phantom yourself?

You only have a head and no body ------>
56747.jpg

Now watch them fuck this slam-dunk up as well. DeVoss is who the coach picks at 49-0 at the 2 min warning of the 3rd quarter, just to somehow lose 49-56

Nah.

It ends up being 49-48 in a Nail-biter but it ultimately ends in our favor. <Lmaoo>

Any other crimes we aren't allowed to ask the accuser about before handing out punishment, or in your case violent vigilantism?

As we all know, scorned young girls are ALWAYS honest about sex, are never vindictive, always consider consequences, and absolutely never try to engage in reputation destruction.

Not always honest, but in the vast majority of reported cases of sexual assault they are honest 90-98% of the time. And of course you can "ask the accuser", but demanding the accuser submit to cross examination by the perp's hired attorney is just going to lead to more cases of unreported sexual assault, and the current estimate is that 2/3 sexual assaults go unreported. And you would honestly have a problem with me murdering someone who raped my daughter? Really?

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/2012-03/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

My opinion, listen to both sides, there's 2 sides to every story. Weigh the evidence. The accused should be able to know who is accusing them. And the accused have a right to question their accusers.

This isn't your opinion, its common sense and basic investigating.

With the exception of 'the accused have a right to question their accusers.' That's the detective's job, questioning both the accused and accuser.

No it isn't for reasons I listed in my response to HereticBD above.

And your Salem Witch Trial example still sucks.
1. Witches are not real.
2. I said if my daughter were sexually assaulted, therefore it wouldn't be a false charge now would it?
3. I am not a mob, am I?

But call me more names and keep trying to patronize me, that is a good way to dig yourself out of the moron hole you dug with your example..
Just because you don't like it, it's not "moronic". What's moronic is advocating for vigilante justice like you did. Salem witch trials had innocent women being accused of a false charge, and the mob decided to hang them without a proper trial. In essence they acted as judge, jury and executioner outside the boundary of the law. You idiotic ass advocated the same thing for sexual assault, saying it was a good thing to carry out vigilante justice. Sexual assault is a real crime unlike witchcraft, but false charges of sexual assault is a very real possibility. You do not seem to have the brain capacity to make that distinction, nor are you capable of recognizing the potential danger of bypassing due process and rule of law can bring to a free and democratic society.

In case that was too complicated for you, here is a short version. You are an idiot for cheering vigilante justice. Here is the evidence below:
and yeah, vigilante justice works well, if you are smart.

This isn't your opinion, its common sense and basic investigating.

With the exception of 'the accused have a right to question their accusers.' That's the detective's job, questioning both the accused and accuser.

Well in the article, it did say that the questioning WILL be done by the accused's attorneys, not them.

Well in the article, it did say that the questioning WILL be done by the accused's attorneys, not them.

Since its investigations within the colleges, this sounds weird but acceptable, but I'm open to change my mind.

That said, rape and sexual assault cases should exclusively be handled by local police.

Since its investigations within the colleges, this sounds weird but acceptable, but I'm open to change my mind.

That said, rape and sexual assault cases should exclusively be handled by local police.

Oh I agree with that but I just like the fact that FINALLY....*COMMON SENSE* will prevail and the accused will finally be able to defend himself.

serveimage
serveimage
serveimage

This is LONG overdue.

A *MALE* College Student shouldn't have to be dealing with his life and reputation ruined just 'cause a girl he slept with had "buyer's remorse" the following morning.

Once this sweeping change goes into effect, the Females on-campus will NO LONGER have the UNDESERVED Power over the Male Students.

serveimage

THANK GOD for Betsy DeVos and THANK THE UNIVERSE FOR DONALD J TRUMP. :cool:

It's not about one sex having power over the other. It's about having a fair process to investigate these claims. Having proper review and cross-examination of personal accounts ensures a just society, especially when sexual assault is one of the most serious charges you can levy against a person. Even if he/she is not guilty, the reputation of the gets dragged through the dirt with all the academic, social and career consequences to follow. This guilty before proven innocent hysteria needs to end.

If the person is actually proven to be guilty with due process followed, then I fully support tossing the punk in jail.

Just because you don't like it, it's not "moronic". What's moronic is advocating for vigilante justice like you did. Salem witch trials had innocent women being accused of a false charge, and the mob decided to hang them without a proper trial. In essence they acted as judge, jury and executioner outside the boundary of the law. You idiotic ass advocated the same thing for sexual assault, saying it was a good thing to carry out vigilante justice. Sexual assault is a real crime unlike witchcraft, but false charges of sexual assault is a very real possibility. You do not seem to have the brain capacity to make that distinction, nor are you capable of recognizing the potential danger of bypassing due process and rule of law can bring to a free and democratic society.

In case that was too complicated for you, here is a short version. You are an idiot for cheering vigilante justice. Here is the evidence below:

While you were digging up that quote did you notice that you brought up your Witch Trial example before I said the thing about vigilante justice working well "if you are smart" (i.e., not you)? And it would be vigilante injustice if the sexual assault charges were false. You just keep babbling on with your mob rule non sequitur and your name calling to try to save face. Let it go.

While you were digging up that quote did you notice that you brought up your Witch Trial example before I said the thing about vigilante justice working well "if you are smart" (i.e., not you)? And it would be vigilante injustice if the sexual assault charges were false. You just keep babbling on with your mob rule non sequitur and your name calling to try to save face. Let it go.
There is no such thing as "smart vigilante justice". That never existed and never will. The very implication of vigilante justice means a subjective application of extrajudicial punishment without oversight or regulation. Widespread vigilante justice means the state institutions had failed to maintain order in society, which would make such an environment quite volatile (i.e. parts of Mexico). You got exposed as an idiot and continues to demonstrate ignorance with every new post. I love the fact that you try to say I'm trying to save face. You're simply embarrassing yourself at this point arguing for a regressive practice. Unfortunately, rule of law and duo process must be constantly defended from blood thirsty mobs such as yourself.

I'll let it go when you stop making it so easy to beat your silly notions into the ground.

Last edited:
Betsy Devos is a stupid person doing stupid shit. If my daughter gets sexually assaulted in college, the dude is getting the Whitey Bulger pad lock in a sock treatment.

What if your daughter is a slut who falsely accuse innocent people?

It's generally a good idea to have evidence. Hopefully going forward women will be more willing to report sexual assaults while the facts are still fresh. This is still mostly for show and doesn't change much, and DeVos doesn't have a half-dozen brain cells to rub together in general. I'd be a lot more happy if she got fired if I wasn't sure Trump would just replace her with another charter school fuckwit.

Betsy Devos is a stupid person doing stupid shit. If my daughter gets sexually assaulted in college, the dude is getting the Whitey Bulger pad lock in a sock treatment.
You ain’t doin shit

Have an independent investigator that is trained how to assess sexual assault. Putting up another barrier by asking young girls to be cross examined by an accuser's hired attorney is just going to lead to more sexual assaults going unreported. False reporting is rare, with 90-98% of reports of sexual assault being legitimate, whereas 2/3 sexual assaults go unreported.

How would an independent investigator be much different? The claim will be scrutinized all the same.

I'm not against that, but I don't see how it doesn't run into similar resistance from the #BelieveAllSurvivors folks.

How would an independent investigator be much different?

Theoretically, because they'd be specifically trained in the area of investigation, they'd be tasked solely with that duty, and they wouldn't have the conflicts of interest that someone otherwise employed by the school would have.

Theoretically, because they'd be specifically trained in the area of investigation, they'd be tasked solely with that duty, and they wouldn't have the conflicts of interest that someone otherwise employed by the school would have.

Theoretically, maybe. Realistically...not so sure. It seems like anything more than filing a complaint and being believed, is met with resistance. As if its somehow cruel to ask the alleged victim to back their shit up.

What exactly is good evidence in a case like this? I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but I'm not sure how you handle this in a way that doesn't lead to innocent men being accused or discourages victims to come forward for lack of evidence allowing scum to get away with their crimes. Feels like one of those things it's going to be one or the other.

Back