Social Liberals Triggered By "It's Okay To Be White" Flyers In Portland

In the same way BLM can be. The phrase "black lives matter" should not be controversial in any way on its own but do you really think you wouldn't have an issue on some level with BLM posters popping up in your neighborhood or workplace given some of the more radical activists associated with that movement?

A simple poster with black lives matter would not bother me at all.

I would not feel any desire to tear it down unless it was on my property the same as this sign.

I agree, although when you insist that the only way you can say "all lives matter" is by saying "black lives matter", it becomes rather Orwellian. I think there's room for both.

I don't know... I think a member of the black community should be able to say, specifically, "black lives matter". Just like "it's OK to be white" shouldn't have to be rendered "all races are OK".

Also...

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't see hoards of white conservatives storming into venues and rudely interrupting their political advocates with chants of "It's okay to be white."

I hope some aggrieved white people get this started. It would make for highly entertaining YouTube viewing.

I don't know... I think a member of the black community should be able to say, specifically, "black lives matter". Just like "it's OK to be white" shouldn't have to be rendered "all races are OK".

Also...

maxresdefault.jpg
That's besides my point. I completely agree with what you specifically said. My objection is to the Orwellian aspect of "black lives matter" being the only acceptable way to say "all lives matter". To me, "black lives matter" does not inherently mean that non-black lives don't matter. Subsequently, "all lives matter" does not inherently mean that black lives don't matter. When someone tries to tell you that you can't say one or the other, it's a red flag to me.

BLM is like a gang. They shut down roadways and commit offences. These posters are just saying it's ok to be white. Which it is ok. It's ok to be whatever race you are.

The right had issues with the phrase "Black Lives Matter" from the very get go. The additional criticism of the affiliated group's protest antics only came later.

That's besides my point. I completely agree with what you specifically said. My objection is to the Orwellian aspect of "black lives matter" being the only acceptable way to say "all lives matter". To me, "black lives matter" does not inherently mean that non-black lives don't matter. Subsequently, "all lives matter" does not inherently mean that black lives don't matter. When someone tries to tell you that you can't say one or the other, it's a red flag to me.

I think people only have an issue with the phrase "all lives matter" when it's used as a direct counter to BLM. I don't think they have any beef with the literal sentiment. I just think than when used in that context they see it as the equivalent of "fuck you".

The right had issues with the phrase "Black Lives Matter" from the very get go. The additional criticism of the affiliated group's protest antics only came later.
We were against BLM when Ferguson had the Michael Brown incident. It was pretty clear that Mike Brown was not a "Gentle Giant" and not "just a good boy who had plans to go to college"

BLM was supporting thug life and we all knew it.

Here is the gentle giant grabbing the throat of that little Indian man while shoplifting a convenience store. Not long before Brown got into in with the cop.

53ee25efe02b4.preview-620.jpg

The character he plays totally is yes. Rip is in for the long con, he's bored so he created this WWE personality that he plays out on Sherdog.. an ultra conservative, science hating, religious nut
I've engaged him in earnest several times and this is the conclusion I arrived at as well. He gets props for the dedication

I wouldn't say it's 100 fold; that is hyperbole. But uh, it's definitely more "acceptable." First page lefties pretending rip doesn't make sense sound like whackos. Like one religious person on the internet is too much to handle. Really weird.

I like that 25 years after "it's a black thing, you wouldn't understand" was made popular on shirts, "it's ok to be white" is somehow offensive. Reasonable people know who the Looney toons are.

This one I think is the real deal. I've even seen him say "forced rape" when talking about whatever the hell thing he was triggered about. It's actually kinda scary that people like him exist

LOL

I've engaged him in earnest several times and this is the conclusion I arrived at as well. He gets props for the dedication

This one I think is the real deal. I've even seen him say "forced rape" when talking about whatever the hell thing he was triggered about. It's actually kinda scary that people like him exist

Yeah, common sense is the real deal. You on the other hand, are not.

You're kidding right?

What am I saying, it's rip the most clueless sherdogger.

nah man, you got it all wrong.

@Ripskater has no affiliation other than that he is a troll.

he just says anything to try & get a rise out of people. pretty sad actually.

he contradicts himself over & over again. yet he likes people to think he's a "good-Christian" & a "good -American".

he is neither of which. that is the absolute truth. he doesn't respect the Constitution, nor does he even follow the very basic tenants of Christianity.

Christianity & American values only matter to Rip as long as they are convenient & in line with his terrible views.

I agree, although when you insist that the only way you can say "all lives matter" is by saying "black lives matter", it becomes rather Orwellian. I think there's room for both.
It's because all lives matter is a counter to black lives matter. All lives matter on its face is inclusive, but not all people have had to fight to matter, which of course is why there's movements like BLM, gay pride events, feminism, etc.

Back