2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks,man. You confirmed my impressions.

Unless @Bald1 shows up on my way to the voting ballot with a absolutely opposite input, I am voting Cubo.
Cubo is the correct choice bud. I have nothing against lucky, but Cubos views more closely line up with my own.

I'm officially distancing myself from the conversations regarding druggings, rapes, and attacks on family members.

This is why I'm here and that's all I'm interested in discussing.

Are you ready to taste?
I can confirm he is prepared to both taste and be tasted. This afternoon, I applied many oils to his skin to prepare him for this night, and summoned to his bedside a whispering chorus of muses. He is ready.

@JSnake
@Culombo
@cincymma79
@cleetus
@cottagecheesefan
@Cuauhtemoc
@Cuzcatlan
@danny23
@DeJulez
@jei

If I've tagged you it's because I can see you have some chance to do the right thing.

Ask yourself this. Do you want to be known as someone associated with tattle tales? A group of people like @Fawlty and @luckyshot who actively support purposefully ratting to mods to get people banned?

Vote @Cubo de Sangre and get rid of these rat grooming gangs that are plaguing the War Room!

cuckyshot is now trailing behind my posts trying to save face because he knows it's true and it's going to hurt him being known as a grown ass man who tattle tales, sad!
Sorry man ready voted.

Dear Sherbros,

I have a statement to make on my campaign that's born from much deliberation and soul-searching. I want to start out by saying that this process has been an amazing experience for me on so many levels. The hope, the competition, the questioning of ethics, and finding out if I could accomplish what I've wanted to see around here for a long time. Not to mention the bonds that I've formed with posters like @Gutter Chris, @JamesRussler, @N13, @Lowmanproblems, @Sketch, and @luckyshot. What an experience we've all shared.

I entered the race because I wanted to use the one power of the Presidential sticky-threads to elevate our discourse by disallowing insults and off-topic derails. Secondary to that was setting a bi-partisan tone. The folks I consulted with early said that sounded good but expressed little confidence in my chances of success. And I agreed it was all but a pipe-dream. But you know what, I wanted to try. Not sit around wondering what if. So I tested the waters for support and found some. This gave me the encouragement I needed. To me the Presidency is a means to a goal, and campaigning a necessary evil.

It's become obvious my platform isn't of concern to many. My hope of uniting us in a way where we appreciate each other as community members hasn't been well-received. Some prominent lefties liked my platform but never liked me as a candidate enough to attach their names with votes. No matter how I tried behind the scenes I couldn't make it happen. As the election has progressed it became clear I was going to end up the right's candidate in another partisan shit-show. I would have dropped out last round but felt a sense of obligation to see things through, due to all the work and support others put in on my behalf. It's been one Hell of a dilemma for me.

This morning I woke up feeling clear on the matter for the first time. This campaigning business has compromised my ethics in that I've allowed myself to descend into the kind of treatment of others that I stand against. I admit there was some fun in it, but that fun as run its course. I don't wish to represent one side, but that's the position I've been shoved and pulled into. I wanted to stand in the middle and bring together all the moderates on both sides. I've failed. I disavow partisan attacks no matter which side they come from.

I've lost all appetite for this process. Instead of changing the system I let it change me. Now I'm changing it back. If you like what I stand for please express that with your vote. Win or lose, I'd like to know who you are. Hespect.

While @luckyshot won't add anything new to the War Room like has been my intent, he's been to me a good human being, and I expect if he wins he'll treat all sides with decency and fairness. These are my last words on this campaign other than to offer my sincerest gratitude to everyone who voted for me at any stage, who made posts on my behalf, who sent out PM's vouching for me, and @JamesRussler & @Warlord Palis for elevating the contests with their .gifs and videos. I'm just not willing to play this game any longer because my Sherbros mean more to me than forcing upon the forum a vision not shared.

This is no concession. It's just the truth, and I felt it was time to share. Thanks for your time if you made it through this wall of text. :eek::D

The amount of time involved is a major drag. It sucks that good posters like @Tobacco @Hunter Simpson @snakedafunky and @Headkicktoleg aren't able to get a much larger share of the votes in this process. I feel it really reflects the real world in the way tribalism works. Let there be no doubt that the WR is a left vs right thing. I think being able to get to know some of the posters here throughout this process is the best part, even though it has taken a lot of effort.

It's time to vote, people.
Hi, I'm Jim. You might know me from making all those gifs in Round 3. All of you voted for Lowmanproblems, who is a pretty chill dude. Some of you went on to vote for me in Round 4 (which I appreciate btw). But all of you have one thing in common now: you have not yet voted.

I am writing to encourage you to vote for @Cubo de Sangre . He got into this race for all the right reasons. I know this, because I've talked with him at length. He is a non-partisan who simply wants to make the War Room a better place to post. A lot of you probably know Cubo (some of you may know him IRL). He's been around a while on this forum, and he is generally beloved among the posting public. He is known for being fair and even-tempered. Even though he and his family were personally attacked, he has persevered, and he is in this race to win. You ought to vote for Cubo.

As for @luckyshot , he's a nice person. My concern with him is he is overtly political. He admittedly leans far-Left, just as his predecessor @HomerThompson did. As you may know, Luckyshot was Homer's VP. Homer abused his authority and devolved into a cringy LOLCow. As a result of his Left-wing activism and report button bashing, many great posters were banned. He even got himself banned. His legacy is a No Redemption thread in the OT, where the savagest trolls ridicule his TMI posts and forever piss on the ashes of his account. Not a good way to go out. Anyway, Luckyshot is associated with all that. I think we at least need a break from Left wing leadership in the WR until shit gets backs to normal. In these trying times, we need those in power to reflect a balanced perspective.

If you are a Left-leaning poster, that may seem like a tough sell. But it is not. Cubo is not a "Right-leaning" poster in the political sense. He is merely fair-minded and considers both sides of an argument. He's an analytical thinker. As a formerly Left-leaning person, I believe that is a quality we should all want. The real world doesn't reflect a dichotomy between Right and Left, or Red and Blue, but a dichotomy between Right and Wrong.

If you're a Right-Leaning poster, this should be an easy call. Would you rather empower someone who has the opposite worldview, or someone who is willing to listen to all sides? Duh. That's why Cubo is the better choice.

In short—please vote for @Cubo de Sangre .
He is the one. He will make the WR a better place for the future, and beyond.

- Jimmy

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with the Cubo campaign. I am simply a devoted supporter of his. I have not been offered a cabinet position in his administration, nor will I seek one.

We need you to cast your vote for @Cubo de Sangre . He is the best choice you can make.
I wrote you a heartfelt letter, which is quoted below:

Hi, I'm Jim. You might know me from making all those gifs in Round 3. All of you voted for Lowmanproblems, who is a pretty chill dude. Some of you went on to vote for me in Round 4 (which I appreciate btw). But all of you have one thing in common now: you have not yet voted.

I am writing to encourage you to vote for @Cubo de Sangre . He got into this race for all the right reasons. I know this, because I've talked with him at length. He is a non-partisan who simply wants to make the War Room a better place to post. A lot of you probably know Cubo (some of you may know him IRL). He's been around a while on this forum, and he is generally beloved among the posting public. He is known for being fair and even-tempered. Even though he and his family were personally attacked, he has persevered, and he is in this race to win. You ought to vote for Cubo.

As for @luckyshot , he's a nice person. My concern with him is he is overtly political. He admittedly leans far-Left, just as his predecessor @HomerThompson did. As you may know, Luckyshot was Homer's VP. Homer abused his authority and devolved into a cringy LOLCow. As a result of his Left-wing activism and report button bashing, many great posters were banned. He even got himself banned. His legacy is a No Redemption thread in the OT, where the savagest trolls ridicule his TMI posts and forever piss on the ashes of his account. Not a good way to go out. Anyway, Luckyshot is associated with all that. I think we at least need a break from Left wing leadership in the WR until shit gets backs to normal. In these trying times, we need those in power to reflect a balanced perspective.

If you are a Left-leaning poster, that may seem like a tough sell. But it is not. Cubo is not a "Right-leaning" poster in the political sense. He is merely fair-minded and considers both sides of an argument. He's an analytical thinker. As a formerly Left-leaning person, I believe that is a quality we should all want. The real world doesn't reflect a dichotomy between Right and Left, or Red and Blue, but a dichotomy between Right and Wrong.

If you're a Right-Leaning poster, this should be an easy call. Would you rather empower someone who has the opposite worldview, or someone who is willing to listen to all sides? Duh. That's why Cubo is the better choice.

In short—please vote for @Cubo de Sangre .
He is the one. He will make the WR a better place for the future, and beyond.

- Jimmy

Vote for @Cubo de Sangre .
You will be the man!
- Jimothy

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with the Cubo campaign. I am simply a devoted supporter of his. I have not been offered a cabinet position in his administration, nor will I seek one.

Lucky is pretty clean, don't know that Cubo is. The big beef appears to be Fawlty vs. Cubo.

As DOX News Anchor, I screened their posting history. Obviously there is stuff that cannot be found that way and where one would need intel, but compared to what I found the last two years they are rather clean.

As DOX News Anchor, I screened their posting history. Obviously there is stuff that cannot be found that way and where one would need intel, but compared to what I found the last two years they are rather clean.

Who was the dirtiest candidate running this year?

Did anyone else notice that, after waiting until his opponent's supporters went to sleep and then spreading disgusting lies about them, @Cubo de Sangre gave that grandiose apology about how sorry he was for engaging in that type of lowly discourse...without actually deleting or redacting his comments, despite knowing that they are still visible and will be seen by voters?

Not only is he fine with the votes he accrued through that behavior: he's actively leaving it up to keep misleading people.

The turds were never gonna vote for me, but there's plenty of left-leaning people out there that are good dudes and see the merits of the bi-partisanship I'm trying to bring.

LOL @ you still touting this bipartisanship bullshit after the stunts you've pulled and the people you've continued to ally yourself with.

I'm probably the farthest left guy on this forum and even I was in the air and put luckyshot on notice weeks ago that I might throw you my vote. Then you turned something that was supposed to be fun and silly into something libelous, sad, and shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back