***NBA Regular Season Discussion v3 : Loston Saltics

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at the list of top FT shooters of all time, all in the high 80s/low 90s.....

any of those guys suck at 3s?

you're looking at the correlation from the wrong lens
You're ignoring body types

As I have brought up 100 times

Who has had a similar body type like lebron and shot well at the free throw line

Dont list fatsol or Dirk

Career 103 DRtg, 102 DRtg in the yoffs

Michael fucking Jordan: career 103 DRtg, 104 DRtg in the yoffs

Try again my dude
Pace matters my dude, but you know that

Who is higher on your all time list, Shaq or Hakeem? Just curious

You're ignoring body types

As I have brought up 100 times

Who has had a similar body type like lebron and shot well at the free throw line

Dont list fatsol or Dirk
LaMarcus Aldridge, nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt

Pace matters my dude, but you know that

Who is higher on your all time list, Shaq or Hakeem? Just curious
ORtg and DRtg account for pace. That's the whole point, it's per 100 possessions

Objectively I have to rank Shaq higher, although I'd take peak Olajuwon over peak Shaq 100/100 times

If I'm motivated enough tho I could rank Hakeem higher all-time and argue the case

ORtg and DRtg account for pace. That's the whole point, it's per 100 possessions

Objectively I have to rank Shaq higher, although I'd take peak Olajuwon over peak Shaq 100/100 times

If I'm motivated enough tho I could rank Hakeem higher all-time and argue the case
They normalize for pace, that's not an accurate representation for the actual pace played. Which effects effort, a faster pace means more fast breaks and quicker shots in the shotclock which is defended totally different than say a plodding EC game when the 00s Pistons were dominant.

I was comparing Lebrons DRTG to actually great defenders from his own era, which trend in the low to mid 90s.

They normalize for pace, that's not an accurate representation for the actual pace played. Which effects effort, a faster pace means more fast breaks and quicker shots in the shotclock which is defended totally different than say a plodding EC game when the 00s Pistons were dominant.

I was comparing Lebrons DRTG to actually great defenders from his own era, which trend in the low to mid 90s.
Kawhi Leonard career yoff DRtg: 102

LeBron James career yoff DRtg: 102

But Kawhi is the paragon of defense while Bern is a lazy defender. Got it

LaMarcus Aldridge 6'11 and 260 medium build

Lebron James 6'8 and 250 thick build
It's beyond the level of absurd that we're at a point in this "debate" where you actually have to argue that LMA and LeBron don't have similar bodytypes

I think Hunter has really lost touch with reality these days, but because he's such a laid back cat people are hesitant to attack him on his nonsensical posting.

Really just putting out gutter tier posts and relying on good will he has garnered over the years.. I think it's the effect of attending higher learning. It has rotted his brain.

Curry hit 9 threes, that's ridiculous

Lebron chooses to lift/juice so using the body type argument is patently absurd. There aren't really any players his exact body type barring Larry Johnson? (A bit shorter), or a C like Mourning or maybe Embiid nowadays. So one then has to go to people with similar size. Most nba players are thin, but Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Embiid, Speights, etc... all weigh more

What wing player in the NBA right now has a build resembling lebron? I'm legit asking....bc those people really don't exist
Closest is arguably the shorter Jae Crowder?

What wing player in the NBA right now has a build resembling lebron? I'm legit asking....bc those people really don't exist
Closest is arguably the shorter Jae Crowder?
Um... this is why Bern is such a freak. Karl Malone’s physique with Shawn Kemp’s athleticism and a mix of Magic and Michael’s skill with arguably the highest BBIQ of all time

BUT he doesn’t shoot that official cutoff standard of 80% FT so he’s good but not great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back