***NBA Regular Season Discussion v3 : Loston Saltics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about FT shooting which is just laughably abysmal -- around the 50% mark. That is always correctable, it just involves effort

LBJ shaats 74% for his career, RS and yoffs. At that point it becomes more about natural touch and if you don't have the touch no matter how much work you put in you'll never be an 80% FT shaater. My dude you've played basketball, you should know this

E.g. Scottie Pippen (.704 career FT%), Clyde Drexler (.788 career FT%), James Worthy (.769 career FT%), I could go on. You really think these HOFers were just lazy when it came to FT shaating?

And again, LeBron's defense is what won the 2016 Finals for Cleveland. Yes, he coasts during the RS -- there's only so much he can do, the man is always his team's de facto PG and primary scorer -- but he turns it up when it matters most
so the last two finals don't matter regarding defense? getting shit on by Durant, who earned FMVP in both?

if you can shoot 40% from 3, you can shoot 80 from the FT line....it's impossible to have touch in one, but not the other.

so the last two finals don't matter regarding defense? getting shit on by Durant, who earned FMVP in both?

if you can shoot 40% from 3, you can shoot 80 from the FT line....it's impossible to have touch in one, but not the other.
In 2014 Klay Thompson shat .417% from 3 and .795% from the line. Guess he's just lazy about FTs or something?

If you want I can find numerous other players in NBA history who shoot +40% from 3 and -80% from the line

And I'm not sure why we're even discussing this since LeBron is a career 34% shaater from 3

Goran Dragic 2014: .408% from 3, .760% FT

Goran Dragic is lazy at FT shooting, as is many others you posted

Lol ok Gunt
look at the list of top FT shooters of all time, all in the high 80s/low 90s.....

any of those guys suck at 3s?

you're looking at the correlation from the wrong lens

Trevor Ariza 2014: .407% from 3, .772% FT

look at the list of top FT shooters of all time, all in the high 80s/low 90s.....

any of those guys suck at 3s?

you're looking at the correlation from the wrong lens
What's your point? LeBron is at 34% for his career from 3. He's obviously not a deadeye shooter so I have no idea why you dwell so much on his FT%

What's your point? LeBron is at 34% for his career from 3. He's obviously not a deadeye shooter so I have no idea why you dwell so much on his FT%
b/c he is the worst shooting FT guy of any GOAT tier perimeter player in NBA history, shit even no J Magic Johnson shot 84.8 for his career from the line
he's also the worst clutch FT shooter in the entire NBA going back 3 years

b/c he is the worst shooting FT guy of any GOAT tier perimeter player in NBA history, shit even no J Magic Johnson shot 84.8 for his career from the line
Okay? Someone has to be the worst, might as well be the 6'8" 270 lb guy that also plays PF when needed

Of these GOAT tier perimeter players, how many average 9 rpg and 1.0 bpg in the yoffs?

Okay? Someone has to be the worst, might as well be the 6'8" 270 lb guy that also plays PF when needed

Of these GOAT tier perimeter players, how many average 9 rpg and 1.0 bpg in the yoffs?
how many have gone 1-8 in games in back to back finals?
FT shooting, in and of itself, isn't a huge deal. Until it effects that star's decision making, and hesitance to drive late in games for fear of choking FTs (which he admitted on camera this year). It's not even so much a practice thing as it is mental (cue: Lakers practice FT scores board w/ Howard looking great and Blake shooting 96%)

Also Magic historically played C in the Finals, yet was a tall perimeter player who couldn't shoot 3s like LeBron and still somehow wasn't a complete can at FTs

how many have gone 1-8 in games in back to back finals?
FT shooting, in and of itself, isn't a huge deal. Until it effects that star's decision making, and hesitance to drive late in games for fear of choking FTs (which he admitted on camera this year). It's not even so much a practice thing as it is mental (cue: Lakers practice FT scores board w/ Howard looking great and Blake shooting 96%)

Also Magic historically played C in the Finals, yet was a tall perimeter player who couldn't shoot 3s like LeBron and still somehow wasn't a complete can at FTs
2018 Finals: .842 ft%
2017 Finals: .649 ft%
2016 Finals: .721 ft%
2015 Finals: .687 ft%
2014 Finals: .793 ft%
2013 Finals: .795 ft%
2012 Finals: .826 ft%

So in the last 7 years he's had 2 Finals series where he shot poorly from the line, 1 where he shot mediocre, and 4 where he shot an accumulated % well into the 80s

This isn't Shaq with his FT liability, no matter how much you want it to be

2018 Finals: .842 ft%
2017 Finals: .649 ft%
2016 Finals: .721 ft%
2015 Finals: .687 ft%
2014 Finals: .793 ft%
2013 Finals: .795 ft%
2012 Finals: .826 ft%

So in the last 7 years he's had 2 Finals series where he shot poorly from the line, 1 where he shot mediocre, and 4 where he shot an accumulated % well into the 80s

This isn't Shaq with his FT liability, no matter how much you want it to be
you don't recall the 4th qtrs. of those games do you?
he was hesitant to drive, likely tired from carrying the load admittingly, and was passing out to cans missing out shots. Was not his 'usual self' whatsoever, turnovers galore
Won't even get into his getting screened by Curry in the most halfass screen ever in an attempt to not play D

72% is not mediocre

you don't recall the 4th qtrs. of those games do you?
he was hesitant to drive, likely tired from carrying the load admittingly, and was passing out to cans missing out shots. Was not his 'usual self' whatsoever
Won't even get into his getting screened by Curry in the most halfass screen ever in an attempt to not play D

72% is not mediocre
Gunt I've done nothing but post evidence in this weird discussion. The impetus is on you now to post some data that supports whatever contention you're trying to make here

Gunt I've done nothing but post evidence in this weird discussion. The impetus is on you now to post some data that supports whatever contention you're trying to make here
sure, whatever you say
his DRTG being only below 100 twice in his career, and his FT shooting itself literally speaks for itself. He is LITERALLY the worst clutch FT shooter in the league

sure, whatever you say
his DRTG being only below 100 twice in his career, and his FT shooting itself literally speaks for itself. He is LITERALLY the worst clutch FT shooter in the league
Career 103 DRtg, 102 DRtg in the yoffs

Michael fucking Jordan: career 103 DRtg, 104 DRtg in the yoffs

Try again my dude

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back