Anderson Silva: "Georges just runs, It's crazy. He has a different view - to take easy fights."

Gotta love how gsp fans deflect here

Anderson was a mw champ n jones never called him out

Gsp apparently beat everybody in ww, had nothing to prove n still refus d to move up
I wouldn't consider myself a GSP fan. I like the guy and I watch his fights but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

Why wait for Jones to call him out? He should have challenged Jones. The man in the higher weight class shouldn't have to call out a man in the lower class.

Agreed.

The Machida who beat Thiago/Rashad VS the Anderson who beat Hendo/Franklin would have been an awesome matchup.

i give Machida a slight edge because he was beating better and tougher comp albeit with some controversial close wins during his run whereas Anderson may have looked better but generally against much weaker comp save a few guys.
That’s a fair analysis....I could see it being a split decision and a extremely tough fight to score ....I feel prime Anderson had a better chin and finishing ability, but Loyoto had better takedowns and better technique.....

And Silva went up to face the likes of Griffin and Irvin (easy matchupsl but never wanted to face anyone else. What happened to Silva facing Jones? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
We got guys like you shit talking a fighter that was 1 fight removed from being the LHW champion and then we got a guy like @MikeMcMann saying that Matt Serra was a "great win" at WW... lol

I have been watching way before Silva came to the UFC.

If he wasn't going for the LHW belt because it was "Machida's", why did hs go up 3 times to face three favorable match ups?

You can say GSP is scared yet you never moved up and challanged anyone who was real competition. He didn't challange Liddell . He didn't challenge Rampage. He didn't challenge Evans. He didn't challenge Rua.

It's a known fact that Jardine, T. Silva, Vera and Evans were offered a fight with Silva? Show me the proof.

Everybody thought Griffin was too tough and too big for Silva? Really? The same Griffin that got boxed up by Jardine. Yea okay.

Silva could have moved up to face Jones when Jones defeated Machida.

Its obvious Silva wanted no parts of Jones.

And why are we even taking any substance of someone else (GSP) being a certain way from Silva who is a known cheater. Fuck him.

I'm sure you know the timelines but just in case (my prior post)

-------------

JANUARY 25, 2010
Anderson Silva's Manager: "He's Got a Good Eight or Nine Fights Left in Him"

Ed Soares,..

"I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible. I think Anderson's got a good two, three years probably. He's got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more...
...He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together."
...I have said to Dana that he’d like to fight again at 205. I’ve always said the same thing, he wants the biggest fights possible, whether it’s at 205 or 185.”

Saturday, June 05, 2010
Shogun wants Anderson Silva fight

“I believe a fight against Anderson (Silva) would be the biggest of my career and my life, ...
After quickly disposing of highly regarded former undefeated light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua floats the possibility of fighting Machida’s stablemate and good friend Anderson Silva.

June 14, 2010
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva; we were never friends

Jul 27, 2010
Anderson Silva to GSP, Shogun: 'Come Fight Me in My Division'

...Eschewing possible superfights with the likes of St. Pierre and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Silva says they'll have to meet him on his own turf to face him.

"If you want to beat me up, make weight and come fight me in my category, my division," Silva said...

---------------

Also you won't get any proof re that statement about Vera, Evans, etc turning down a fight with Anderson. its been stated a hundred times and I've asked for proof a hundred times and never got it. The best you will get is 'i heard Irvin said it'.

But it would not shock me. It was a last minute fight and move up for Anderson, and many established contenderes see no value in taking that type of rush fight. It is why Vitor and Sonnen jumped to fight Jones last minute but most LHW's turned it down. Not because they don't want a title shot but they want to be prepared and at their best when they have put in so much work to get so far. Why would you then jump and go into a last minute fight unless you really had nothing lose and a lot to gain as Anderson, Sonnen and Vitor did taking last minute fights at LHW.

We got guys like you shit talking a fighter that was 1 fight removed from being the LHW champion and then we got a guy like @MikeMcMann saying that Matt Serra was a "great win" at WW... lol
Griffin was tailored to be beaten by Silva. When Griffin gets hit, he fights wild and when he continues to get tagged, he folds. And this is coming from someone who likes Griffin.

I'm sure you know the timelines but just in case (my prior post)

-------------

JANUARY 25, 2010
Anderson Silva's Manager: "He's Got a Good Eight or Nine Fights Left in Him"

Ed Soares,..

"I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible. I think Anderson's got a good two, three years probably. He's got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more...
...He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together."
...I have said to Dana that he’d like to fight again at 205. I’ve always said the same thing, he wants the biggest fights possible, whether it’s at 205 or 185.”

Saturday, June 05, 2010
Shogun wants Anderson Silva fight

“I believe a fight against Anderson (Silva) would be the biggest of my career and my life, ...
After quickly disposing of highly regarded former undefeated light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua floats the possibility of fighting Machida’s stablemate and good friend Anderson Silva.

June 14, 2010
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva; we were never friends

Jul 27, 2010
Anderson Silva to GSP, Shogun: 'Come Fight Me in My Division'

...Eschewing possible superfights with the likes of St. Pierre and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Silva says they'll have to meet him on his own turf to face him.

"If you want to beat me up, make weight and come fight me in my category, my division," Silva said...

---------------

Also you won't get any proof re that statement about Vera, Evans, etc turning down a fight with Anderson. its been stated a hundred times and I've asked for proof a hundred times and never got it. The best you will get is 'i heard Irvin said it'.

But it would not shock me. It was a last minute fight and move up for Anderson, and many established contenderes see no value in taking that type of rush fight. It is why Vitor and Sonnen jumped to fight Jones last minute but most LHW's turned it down. Not because they don't want a title shot but they want to be prepared and at their best when they have put in so much work to get so far. Why would you then jump and go into a last minute fight unless you really had nothing lose and a lot to gain as Anderson, Sonnen and Vitor did taking last minute fights at LHW.
And it's funny that Silva said that GSP and Rua has to move to his division to fight him yet Silva won't move to 170lbs or 205lbs to challenge either. You wanna fight GSP, go to 170lbs.

I wouldn't consider myself a GSP fan. I like the guy and I watch his fights but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

Why wait for Jones to call him out? He should have challenged Jones. The man in the higher weight class shouldn't have to call out a man in the lower class.
right after Jones took the belt from Shogun, he was asked about a potential fight with Anderson in a video interview (i'll see if I can still find it). Jones rubbed his hands together and said 'a fight with the Spider could be interesting'. that is when Anderson was asked about it and replied back with 'no way', 'we are friends' and Jones backed down from there. he knew there would be no good press for him in trying to chase the smaller champ who had no interest in moving up if he, Jones had no interest in moving down to make the fight happen.

Gotta love how gsp fans deflect here

Anderson was a mw champ n jones never called him out

Gsp apparently beat everybody in ww, had nothing to prove n still refus d to move up
Except GSp did not beat everyone until Hendricks and then he did move up just as he said he would one day. Once he was done with WW.

It was not even until he beat Condit that GSP took the WW Title Defense record from Hughes which many used to argue Hughes was still GOAT. He only faced Diaz and Hendricks after that, two fights he wanted to and had to take at WW even though he was admitting the wear and tear of surgeries and motivation were making him consider retiring.

right after Jones took the belt from Shogun, he was asked about a potential fight with Anderson in a video interview (i'll see if I can still find it). Jones rubbed his hands together and said 'a fight with the Spider could be interesting'. that is when Anderson was asked about it and replied back with 'no way', 'we are friends' and Jones backed down from there. he knew there would be no good press for him in trying to chase the smaller champ who had no interest in moving up if he, Jones had no interest in moving down to make the fight happen.
I don't think Jones could make 185lbs and even if he did, he wouldn't be effective. Silva knew he didn't want anything at 205lbs and Jones.

context once again is not your friend and in your styupidty you show you cannot comprehend things said.

I said after losing his belt, avenging that loss against Serra and regaining the belt was a great win for GSp and his legacy.

had GSP beat Serra in the first fight Serra, himself would not have been considered a great win, but GSP starting his consecutive defense streak would have been. Just as Lutter is not a great win for Anderson, but him that fight as part of Anderson consecutive defense streak was great.

(try reading the above 3 times as you will not understand it after one)

And it's funny that Silva said that GSP and Rua has to move to his division to fight him yet Silva won't move to 170lbs or 205lbs to challenge either. You wanna fight GSP, go to 170lbs.
Ya I don't blame Anderson for cherry picking fights at LHW.

They tried to do the same with Jose Aldo as well when he was the FW king. They tried to get a fight with Sherk (ex LW champ) and when that would not work and the UFC offered Florian, who was game for it, they said no. I don't think Aldo and team were afraid of Florian, but rather they saw him as more risky than Sherk with a lower reward for Aldo. No EX-LW champ to promote in his resume as the Anderson camp was doing with the Forrest win.

Even now Anderson is trying to cherry pick his way to one last Title shot. No doubting Israel is a dangerous but largely unproven young gun and he will fight Anderson where Anderson is strongest. Standing up. If Anderson can't beat him then he is truly done as he is avoiding almost every other MW in the division who WILL pose both a grappling and striking threat which then greatly diminishes Anderson's striking game. And if he gets an immediate title shot, he faces again a guy who will strike with him.

Anderson has perfectly cherry picked arguably the only road left for him at MW to have his best chance at a belt even if both are not gimmie fights.

that is not the question. The question is will you finally stand behind your words or will you dick tuck once again? But we know that answer don't we. You are about the biggest coward I have engaged with on this forum in terms of willingness to stand behind all that talk. I don't think you have said one thing you would stand behind.

And no matter how you try to spin GSP avenging his loss to Serra and recapturing his belt was one of the big wins and accomplishments of his career and if someone was to ask someone to bullet-point all the big career wins and moments everyone but a few idiots and haters would acknowledge that just as the Anderson fans in this thread who are not completely stupid do.

I've stood behind and kept the same stance on everything I've said in this thread. You're the one who has sent from subject to subject changing your mind or just flat out not answering. You still have yet to tell me all the worthy challengers when GSP beat Hughes for the title. You asked about the MW challengers, then when I give you the records of Fitch, Koscheck, and Alves at that time, you change your tune because it didn't fit your narrative.

And winning a title is always great, but when you do it against a guy that you were already -1300 against when you lost the fight, then -500 as the challenger in the rematch, it's not a great win. It was probably the most expected result in any title fight in UFC history.

Griffin was tailored to be beaten by Silva. When Griffin gets hit, he fights wild and when he continues to get tagged, he folds. And this is coming from someone who likes Griffin.
How many fighters has GSP beaten that weren't tailor made for him to beat?

Last edited:
context once again is not your friend and in your styupidty you show you cannot comprehend things said.

I said after losing his belt, avenging that loss against Serra and regaining the belt was a great win for GSp and his legacy.

had GSP beat Serra in the first fight Serra, himself would not have been considered a great win, but GSP starting his consecutive defense streak would have been. Just as Lutter is not a great win for Anderson, but him that fight as part of Anderson consecutive defense streak was great.

(try reading the above 3 times as you will not understand it after one)

giphy.gif

And Lutter isn't even a title defense for Anderson, moron

I've stood behind and kept the same stance on everything I've said in this thread. You're the one who has sent from subject to subject changing your mind or just flat out not answering. You still have yet to tell me all the worthy challengers when GSP beat Hughes for the title. You asked about the MW challengers, then when I give you the records of Fitch, Koscheck, and Alves at that time, you change your tune because it didn't fit your narrative.

And winning a title is always great, but when you do it against a guy that you were already -1300 against when you lost the fight, then -500 as the challenger in the rematch, it's not a great win. It was probably the most expected result in any title fight in UFC history.
lol at you standing behind anything you say.

You run from almost every comment like a scared bitch.

Lol.

You just said he ate until he got a disease that is incurable.

So not only did eating too much cause ulcerative colitis (never mind the billion overweight people that don’t have UC) but he can’t cure it by simply not eating as much.

Man, poor GSP is literally the first person in history to have such a problem

The difference between GSP and these overweight peoples is that GSP actually burn these calories. He was probly eating much more than the average obese.

The longer the thread gets the more sad I get that @JackSchtotll or @LethalHands isn't here to partake in it.

<2>

I wish Toner was here to witness this. Also njmma and all these fine guys.

lol at you standing behind anything you say.

You run from almost every comment like a scared bitch.
Please tell me everything I haven't answered or stood behind. I've had the exact same stance this entire time. You're the one who's goalposts are moving farther and farther each post.

So are you a teenager or just an adult with a disability?

Back