Zabit has all the tools to beat Max

He got outstruck by Brandon Davis for over a round and turned into a panic grappler.

Zabit gassed beating on a punching bag in 3 rounds.

Max will walk him down, box him up, taunt him, make him panic wrestle then finish the fight.

But Zabit won't get to a title shot, Michael Johnson will expose his subpar boxing.
The same guy that struggled his ass off to beat Artem in his last fight? Zabit will light him up on the feet and make it look easy.

Let's be honest here

You have an erection for Russian fighters and you think every single one of them is better than any non-Russian fighter. Your opinion is worthless because you're a nuthugger and a casual.
So far only Pavlovich didn't deliver out of the Russian fighters I hyped it, so there it is

I’m just gonna wholehearted disagree and say nothing else.

Cmon.

Honestly I think the reverse, Zabit's weakness is his boxing and Max would pressure him there not allowing him to stay on the outside picking away.

Ortega to me seemed like a more dangerous fight, Max's desire to pressure opponents ment he was getting into brawls with a very heavy handed tough opponent rather than just picking him to bits on the outside.

max smashes him, zabit is going to close decisions with cans while max is finishing the likes of aldo , ortega, pettis ecc

Close decisions? With who, Bochniak? lmao it was a clear 30-27. I think Max beats Zabit but "close decisions" is silly hyperbole.

He got outstruck by Brandon Davis for over a round and turned into a panic grappler.

Pulling off a Suloev stretch isn't panic grappling, it's just great grappling.

Russian Lincoln would get John Wilkes Booth'd if he fought Max tomorrow.

Honestly I think the reverse, Zabit's weakness is his boxing and Max would pressure him there not allowing him to stay on the outside picking away.

Ortega to me seemed like a more dangerous fight, Max's desire to pressure opponents ment he was getting into brawls with a very heavy handed tough opponent rather than just picking him to bits on the outside.

Zabit is taller, 4 inch reach advantage and he's utilizing kicks, so he can keep Max on the outside long enough to take him down

Max rarely has a reach advantage.

Max rarely destroys anyone early.

Max is excellent at stopping TD’s from both the clinch and when an opponents shoots a double or single.

Max would box Zabit’s fucking face in. Those flashy moves just aren’t going to work against Max right now.

He’s too smart for that. Zabit will really need to sharpen those hands if he wants to beat Max.

Holloway’s technical style would give zabit hell.

Max TKO.

- Zabit striking is good enough to not get destroyed early

So he gets destroyed late, just like all of Max's other opponents

So he gets destroyed late, just like all of Max's other opponents
how? Zabit takes and KEEPS him down, then submits him.

He's the only fighter at FW who I care to see face Max, Idc if he doesn't deserve the title shot. This fight needs to happen.

Zabit is taller, 4 inch reach advantage and he's utilizing kicks, so he can keep Max on the outside long enough to take him down

Can he though? having reach and being able to keep someone on the outside aren't the same thing, Zabit doesn't have a really strong counter boxing game to stop Max chasing him down IMHO and I think Ortega's chin has people underestimating his power.

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
About reach, by God, people keep overstating Max's supposed reach advantage that he has in fights. Okay, here are the facts. Max has a 69 inch reach. Ortega, despite being listed at 5'8" which is 3" shorter than what Max is listed as, had the exact same reach of 69". Aldo, who is listed as 5'7", actually had a slight reach advantage over Max with a 70" reach. Pettis had a 3 and a half inch reach advantage with his 72.5" reach. Lamas had a 2 inch reach advantage with his 71" reach. Stephens also had a 2 inch reach advantage with a 71" reach.

Oliveira had a whopping 5-inch reach advantage with his 74" reach. Cub had a 1-inch reach advantage with his 70" reach. Cole Miller had a HUGE 7-inch reach advantage with his 76" reach. In fact, you have to go all the way back to Akira Corassani to find an opponent who had a reach disadvantage against Max. And in that case, it was only by one inch since Akira has a 68" reach. That's 10 fights and 9 opponents ago. Which means that in Max's last 9 fights against 8 different opponents, he has had a reach DISADVANTAGE in all of these fights except against Ortega in his last fight. So please people, can we please STFU about Max's reach now? I keep seeing people mention this and it's so stupid and annoying.

how? Zabit takes and KEEPS him down, then submits him.

What are we talking about. He'll never make it to Max

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down

Lmao? You can’t be fucking serious

How much did you drink today man?

That old fuck wouldn’t last a damn round

Zabit in the future could be one of Max's hardest matchups based on his grappling alone. Unlike Ortega, he's much better at getting the fight to take place on the ground.

Does it really matter ? By the time he’s at a title shot, Max will most likely have moved up.
After a performance like that we should be praising Max this is the Blessed era afterall

Back