Are you going to be an old(er) parent to young children?

I was 28 when we had our first one and 31 when we had our second. I would have been younger but we had a miscarriage before the first one and before the second.

Yea I was 28, 30, and 37 for our 3. I thought I was done after the one at 30 but my wife had other plans.

its smart for millenials to wait to have children. they can barely take care of themselves; imagine them taking care of kids....

millenials are basically adult aged children.

Yea I was 28, 30, and 37 for our 3. I thought I was done after the one at 30 but my wife had other plans.

Well, we lost 1, had 1, lost 1,had 1, lost 1, lost 2, lost 2.

Gave up after we lost twins the second time.

Congrats on the 3 though x.

Got 2 kids before hitting 25. Freedom at 45 while others pretend they're having fun with their kids when they're athritic with a broken back. And try keeping up with your teens when you're 50, grampa.

20-year old is way too immature to have children.

Had my first at 24, 2nd at 35. Completely different experiences, both awesome in different ways. I love them both crazy though.

20-year old is way too immature to have children.
Won't argue with that, biologically though, early 20's couples produce healthier babies. I guess that's why we have all these diseases popping out. Enjoy your subpar, sickly babies, Gen X'ers.

I’m 41 and my wife (23) and I are expecting our first.

Taken a few days ago at about 14 weeks:
DE2C2E7E-A9CF-4CE3-AFD1-AA3562BB248E.jpeg

Was a hell of a feeling watching my kid letting go punches and kicks like crazy lol.

Oldish. I was 33 when my daughter was born, 36 when my son was born. I'm 42 and my wife wants another.

'Grats. Your old ass will beat the odds because you have a strong, young wife.

<Gordonhat>

And she’s much better looking than I am, so her hotness should drown out my ugly ass genes in our kid.

Edit: Also mixed kids tend to be healthier since the gene pools are so much further apart, so there’s that.

nope. im 24 turning 25 in a couple weeks. having my first child in march. a baby boy

<StillMyBoy>

@koolinkunming should do a webinar for Sherdog incels.
Let the admins know before because it will probably break the servers...

I was 25 & 27 when my kids were born. I always thought it was plenty old enough, though my daughter is 24 now and I see it a bit differently now. Most of their friends' parents have always been considerably older, which made us the cool parents most of the time.

Waiting until you are older has some benefits, but think about the other end, too. I'm 49 and both kids have been on their own for a couple of years. Having an empty house and more freedom from the responsibility of being a parent at a relatively young age also has a lot of benefits. Life is good. I cringe when I see parents our age and older with teenagers at home. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Back